Hemutian

November 2022 I-751 Filers

407 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Cornflake said:

Same here ;) The package was delivered on 11/10 and no news since((  

Good to see you again. Phoenix seems to be moving fairly quickly at the moment, so hopefully you'll hear something soon.

Just received the NOA/Extension. Received Date - 11/09, Notice Date - 11/14. Hoping we're not going to fall into the biometrics black hole. Got some upcoming travel in Jan.

My case was updated yesterday (got the app notification this morning) to say ‘case was updated to show finger prints were taken’. 

So I'm wondering if that means biometrics from AOS will be reused. 

I'll update again if I see anything else show up😃

23 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

My case was updated yesterday (got the app notification this morning) to say ‘case was updated to show finger prints were taken’. 

Yes, that's exactly what it means.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

Yup it does. Hope I get the same tho it kinda sucks that we have to pay for something that's not actually done in the end. Kinda would like to get my money worth out of it 🤣 then again with those gas prices I don't mind not driving out there.

3 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Yup it does. Hope I get the same tho it kinda sucks that we have to pay for something that's not actually done in the end. Kinda would like to get my money worth out of it 🤣 then again with those gas prices I don't mind not driving out there.

I agree. I literally said to my husband this morning, “would be nice to be refunded my bio fee!” which I know will never happen since they lost my medical file and I had to pay to redo it despite it not being my fault lol. 

Thankfully the place where I went for last biometrics, & the interview is only 2.5 miles from our house! 🥳

Timeline
4 hours ago, Meg101 said:

I agree. I literally said to my husband this morning, “would be nice to be refunded my bio fee!” which I know will never happen since they lost my medical file and I had to pay to redo it despite it not being my fault lol. 

Thankfully the place where I went for last biometrics, & the interview is only 2.5 miles from our house! 🥳

We moved so my field office is now closer than before but my ASC for biometrics is next to the Philly Airport and I have no interest in going there 🤣

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello all, I hope to be a November filer. Sent 11/16 via UPS overnight to Elgin, IL. Delivered on the 17th. Paid via personal check, any idea/rough timeline when can I expect them to cash the check and send the receipt notice? I did attach the text/email form with the application, did all by myself instead of hiring an attorney like I did during AOS, a little nervous and anxious because of it LOL. Would it be a fair to expect a receipt number notification before thanksgiving?

Edited by gogogo786

Timeline
9 minutes ago, gogogo786 said:

Hello all, I hope to be a November filer. Sent 11/16 via UPS overnight to Elgin, IL. Delivered on the 17th. Paid via personal check, any idea/rough timeline when can I expect them to cash the check and send the receipt notice? I did attach the text/email form with the application, did all by myself instead of hiring an attorney like I did during AOS, a little nervous and anxious because of it LOL. Would it be a fair to expect a receipt number notification before thanksgiving?

Seems like many get their texts 3-5 days after USCIS received the packet and the paper notice about 2 weeks after. The check might get cashed around the same time. 

Hi all, I received my extension letter today.

Packet received by USCIS: 11/08

Text received with application number: 11/10

Check cashed: 11/15

Notice dated: 11/16

Notice received: 11/19

I'll update if/when I hear about biometrics.

Good luck everyone!

Concurrent filing(I-130/I-485) packet sent via UPS - 08/04/2020

Packet received at USCIS - 08/07/2020

Checks cashed - 08/22/2020

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

NOA1s received - 08/31/2020

I-693 Deficiency Notice received - 09/21/2020

RFE for I-944 received - 11/17/2020

I-944 response to RFE delivered to USCIS - 11/24/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'ready to schedule interview' - 12/31/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'Interview was scheduled' - 01/05/2021

AOS Interview - 02/03/2021

AOS status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' - 02/03/2021

Reviewed I-130 and I-485 approval letters - 02/07/2021

Greencard received - 02/11/2021

I-751 mailed to Phoenix PO Box via USPS - 11/7/2022

I-751 received at USCIS - 11/8/2022

Text notification received - 11/10/2022 (SRCXXXXXXX)

Check cashed - 11/15/2022

Received extension letter - 11/19/2022

Hey guys will be filing this month as well. I've heard differing opinions on this, but is your evidence:

1. Dated since the day you got married, aka the entirety of your marriage or

2. Dated since the day you got your conditional green card? 

We got married in 2019 and it wasn't until 2021 I got my card...but wondering if AOS covers that 2 year period.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, deltaforce628 said:

Hey guys will be filing this month as well. I've heard differing opinions on this, but is your evidence:

We got married in 2019 and it wasn't until 2021 I got my card...but wondering if AOS covers that 2 year period.

USCIS says to send as much evidence as you can. We see many approaches to this and it's up to you what you feel comfortable with. 

Some send everything and all, some send only from the time they get their greencard. I sent from the date of marriage but only quarterly bank statements and recurring bills. 

54 minutes ago, deltaforce628 said:

@deltaforce628

Entirety of the marriage is your best bet!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Receiving this email today from this website wasn’t pleasant to think about even if it is just an estimate VJ has. 😕  I keep telling myself that at least I’m eligible to apply for citizenship in late August of 2023 which really isn’t that far away but it sure has felt good not to really think about USCIS for the last 2 years compared to now. 😅

3F71E195-B4CC-411F-A234-3AD11069A16B.jpeg

Edited by Meg101

@Meg101

You do know you can turn that off right? 😏 I just turned mine off it's  a bummer to see lol luckily it's only an estimate and does not really mean to much!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.