Hemutian

November 2022 I-751 Filers

407 posts in this topic

USCIS received my case on Nov 4th. The extension letter/notice was received today! I’ve seen an electronic copy of what it looks like just waiting for it to be forwarded to my address as I’m using my lawyers mailbox for my PO Box. ☺️ I’ve heard a lot of peoples biometrics are being reused but if I get called to go do mine, I’ll update here. Good luck everyone 🍀

Edited by Meg101

On 11/10/2022 at 4:14 PM, BellaUnion said:

Our application hit the Phoenix lockbox on the same day as yours, so let's compare timelines, at least on initial progress. Good luck.

Thanks for the encouraging words Sarge. I know you're a fellow kitchen-sinker! Your posts have helped us a great deal, especially during AOS. Best of luck with your current application. Hope it all goes well for you.

My credit card got charged today ($680.00). It was delivered to PHX on Nov. 9.

Nov filer here! 

Nov 12: dropped off at USPS

Nov 14: Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox

waiting for them to charge my CC.  I completely forgot about the text message form this time around so can only wait for the charge and the NOA *siiiiiigh*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
22 minutes ago, CDNgirl09 said:

Nov filer here! 

Nov 12: dropped off at USPS

Nov 14: Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox

waiting for them to charge my CC.  I completely forgot about the text message form this time around so can only wait for the charge and the NOA *siiiiiigh*

I don't know if that's good or bad actually. I wake up every morning reaching for my phone to see if the message is there and go disappointed cause it's not 🤣🤣🤣

6 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

I don't know if that's good or bad actually. I wake up every morning reaching for my phone to see if the message is there and go disappointed cause it's not 🤣🤣🤣

Same here ;) The package was delivered on 11/10 and no news since((  

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

Same here ;) The package was delivered on 11/10 and no news since((  

Just got the text. Vermont it is 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To anyone considering it, I would highly recommend against sending payment with a credit card via G-1450. Sent packet on 11/2, received/picked up from lockbox on 11/4. Had opted to pay with credit card via G-1450 so I could at least get some miles out of it, of course I didn't read anything about cards randomly being declined for no reason until after I had sent the packet out. Started to get nervous after not seeing a credit card charge after a few days. Entire packet showed back up in my mailbox on 11/14, was mailed by USCIS on 11/9. Came with a notice stating that the application was denied because of the credit card being denied as well as a green denial sheet that they said to put on top when I resubmit. Paperwork was all out of order, tabs for each document had been removed, pages had been labeled with a bunch of random numbers at the bottom of each page and the entire packet was stappled with the thickest staple I've ever seen.

Didn't really have instructions on how to send it back really, so I removed the staple, put documents back in the order stated on the cover sheet, updated the cover sheet to note that this was a resubmission and had a check instead of G-1450, and put the green denial sheet on top. Didn't bother doing tabs again. Overnighted packet back to the lockbox the same day and was received and picked up on 11/15.

My question now is, was it okay to un-staple everything and re- organize? Also, how long does it usually take them to cash a check? Haven't seen anything from my bank yet. Hoping I get confirmation before 11/24 when my wife's green card expires. Can't wait till she gets her citizenship eventually and we don't have to deal with all of this anymore. Just not knowing what's going on stresses me out so much.

@Zaka91 I would reorganize it. It's almost a guarantee, a different person will look at your packet next time USCIS receive it. And they would be equally puzzled as you looking at it.

I would treat this as a new submission, starting with a clean slate.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline

@Zaka91 you could have left it how it was but it's fine if you reorganized it.

It can take a while for them to cash the check but many got their case numbers before or around the same time. Seems like 10-14 days is the turn around for the paper notice.

4 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Tried to add my number to myuscis and it tells me it can't find my case. We're of to a great start I see 🤣

You're faster than their system. Try tomorrow, it takes time with everything when it comes to immigration.

9 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Tried to add my number to myuscis and it tells me it can't find my case. We're of to a great start I see 🤣

It worked for me a couple days later on the app. 😃

Timeline
7 minutes ago, OldUser said:

You're faster than their system. Try tomorrow, it takes time with everything when it comes to immigration.

1 minute ago, Meg101 said:

It worked for me a couple days later on the app. 😃

Stop making sense you two 🤣

On 11/13/2022 at 6:53 PM, SeanDowney0309 said:

Hi all, 

We will be filing our I-751 form soon, can I ask, did many people submit affidavits?

We have a lot of evidence that our marriage is real, just curious how many people submitted affidavits.

Thank you 😊

Yes, we submitted two affidavits.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.