Hemutian

November 2022 I-751 Filers

407 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

I'm still debating. With bank/credit card/ car loan/ car registrations/ the military stuff/ drivers licenses/ lease/ bills and everything one sided I would end up with about 500 pages evidence 😳

We are a military family too - it's a LOT! Ours was about 200 pages overall. I went for quarterly bills, and for our credit card bills I was able to send a summary statement that showed transactions in both our names, but not 10 pages per statement! I think showing 8 quarterly statements covering 2 years demonstrates shared finances just as much as submitting all of them. That's personal opinion though, and I totally understand why people want to submit everything! I just kept thinking 'quality over quantity'. We'll see! I'll definitely share here is a get a RFE (although that wouldn't be for e while!) then others will know in the future. 

Concurrent filing(I-130/I-485) packet sent via UPS - 08/04/2020

Packet received at USCIS - 08/07/2020

Checks cashed - 08/22/2020

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

NOA1s received - 08/31/2020

I-693 Deficiency Notice received - 09/21/2020

RFE for I-944 received - 11/17/2020

I-944 response to RFE delivered to USCIS - 11/24/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'ready to schedule interview' - 12/31/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'Interview was scheduled' - 01/05/2021

AOS Interview - 02/03/2021

AOS status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' - 02/03/2021

Reviewed I-130 and I-485 approval letters - 02/07/2021

Greencard received - 02/11/2021

I-751 mailed to Phoenix PO Box via USPS - 11/7/2022

I-751 received at USCIS - 11/8/2022

Text notification received - 11/10/2022 (SRCXXXXXXX)

Check cashed - 11/15/2022

Received extension letter - 11/19/2022

I’m kind of in the opposite boat to you guys and have hardly any evidence, the packet that was submitted was really small. We just sent what we have and are keeping everything tightly crossed. We did quarterly statements and then the last 3 recent ones. If we get a RFE we will cross that bridge when we get to it. As others have said it could be a while… 😅

I actually hired an attorney to do the process for us mainly because mine and my husbands financial situation isn’t traditional & we really struggled to find joint things to send in. We literally don’t have 80% of the suggested items.  We are both independent contractors and he has a separate business so we keep everything separate and a lot of things are in business names rather than our names, let alone our joint names. 

It’s been stressful but it was a relief to have finally got it sent. If I didn’t hire an attorney, I genuinely don’t think I’d have got it done before it expired because of anxiety & other life and work commitments swamping me. 

We have made it this far though, so fingers crossed things work out! ☺️🤞🏽

Hi all

Our window just opened and we filed this morning via FedEx 2nd day to the Phoenix lockbox. Been sweating over this thing for 2 weeks now, so glad to see the back of it. 

Pretty much threw the kitchen sink at it. I think it ended up around 8lbs. Probably total overkill, but I guess it won't do any harm. 

Best of luck to all the rest of the November filers. Will keep you all updated on our timeline.

I've somehow let the last two months pass me by and now I'm looking at ten or so days to file. I can get it out in time, even if it'll be lightweight by the forum's standards- no mortgage or big loans. 

It's always so painfully anxiety inducing. I wish I could show how me and my partner have spent the last few years intimately together, and how we've become invaluable to eachother, but I understand why the system is the way it is.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
14 hours ago, Pardalis said:

I've somehow let the last two months pass me by and now I'm looking at ten or so days to file. I can get it out in time, even if it'll be lightweight by the forum's standards- no mortgage or big loans. 

It's always so painfully anxiety inducing. I wish I could show how me and my partner have spent the last few years intimately together, and how we've become invaluable to eachother, but I understand why the system is the way it is.

The funny thing is, we have hardly any pictures so I'm glad to send an electricity bill if that's what makes them happy 🤣

I made a decision and gonna send quarterly bank statements. We have a little bit of everything so I hope that it will be enough to send 12 instead of 36 statements 🤣

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

The funny thing is, we have hardly any pictures so I'm glad to send an electricity bill if that's what makes them happy 🤣

I made a decision and gonna send quarterly bank statements. We have a little bit of everything so I hope that it will be enough to send 12 instead of 36 statements 🤣

Many people here have sent quarterly statements and been approved without issue. It really comes down to preference, what gives you peace of mind, and what other strong evidence is sent. Just don't leave out any pages of the statements you do send. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Hello fellow November filers! We just sent off our petition on Monday morning and it was delivered today (Phoenix Lockbox). Package was just under four pounds and had bank account statements, utility bills, photos, travel itineraries, tax returns, etc. Hope it goes smooth for everyone!

Edited by cbro20

Hi everyone! I sent my packet on November 7th and it got to the Elgin lockbox in Illinois today. This is what was sent:

1. I-751 with $680.00 money order

2. Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

3. Photocopy of front and back on green card

4. copy of joint lease

5. copy of joint checking and savings account

6. copy of health insurance cards

7. copy of car insurance policy

8. copy of federal and state tax returns

9. photos from my husband's arrival into the U.S. until recent (not as many pictures since he arrived in the middle of the pandemic)

10. Two affidavits

We didn't bother sending the passports and marriage certificates again as they are uploaded to our USCIS account already under the I-130. I also wasn't stressed out as I was initially when filing the I-130. I just want to make sure he gets the I-797C since his card expires in February but I read it doesn't take that long to receive it. 

Happy Filing!

On 11/6/2022 at 1:34 PM, Letspaintcookies said:

Oh right 😃 glad to see a familiar face here 🤣

Although I filed months ago I'm here with you too my friend!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

8 hours ago, Trish and Oli said:

Hi everyone! I sent my packet on November 7th and it got to the Elgin lockbox in Illinois today. This is what was sent:

1. I-751 with $680.00 money order

2. Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

3. Photocopy of front and back on green card

4. copy of joint lease

5. copy of joint checking and savings account

6. copy of health insurance cards

7. copy of car insurance policy

8. copy of federal and state tax returns

9. photos from my husband's arrival into the U.S. until recent (not as many pictures since he arrived in the middle of the pandemic)

10. Two affidavits

We didn't bother sending the passports and marriage certificates again as they are uploaded to our USCIS account already under the I-130. I also wasn't stressed out as I was initially when filing the I-130. I just want to make sure he gets the I-797C since his card expires in February but I read it doesn't take that long to receive it. 

Happy Filing!

Hopefully not sending that marriage certificate won't come back to bite you, you always send what they ask for. USCIS does not always connect the dots and your I-130 is not a I-751. Hopefully you also sent more than one bank statement too!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 11/7/2022 at 6:59 PM, BellaUnion said:

Hi all

Our window just opened and we filed this morning via FedEx 2nd day to the Phoenix lockbox. Been sweating over this thing for 2 weeks now, so glad to see the back of it. 

Pretty much threw the kitchen sink at it. I think it ended up around 8lbs. Probably total overkill, but I guess it won't do any harm. 

Best of luck to all the rest of the November filers. Will keep you all updated on our timeline.

The kitchen sink is not a bad thing, we threw the kitchen sink at them too!

Citizenship Complete!

I can file as early as November 26. Hoping to join all of you November filers soon!! Package is ALMOST ready. 

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

I sent the packet out on 11/02/22 and USCIS received it 11/04. I was given a receipt number which I’ve entered into the app to track my case and the notification there says they have mailed me a receipt notice. (Is this the NOA1?) my receipt number begins LIN does that have any reference/meaning? ☺️

21 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

I sent the packet out on 11/02/22 and USCIS received it 11/04. I was given a receipt number which I’ve entered into the app to track my case and the notification there says they have mailed me a receipt notice. (Is this the NOA1?) my receipt number begins LIN does that have any reference/meaning? ☺️

Yes, the receipt notice will be your extension letter. Did you receive an email or text with your receipt number?

Concurrent filing(I-130/I-485) packet sent via UPS - 08/04/2020

Packet received at USCIS - 08/07/2020

Checks cashed - 08/22/2020

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

NOA1s received - 08/31/2020

I-693 Deficiency Notice received - 09/21/2020

RFE for I-944 received - 11/17/2020

I-944 response to RFE delivered to USCIS - 11/24/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'ready to schedule interview' - 12/31/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'Interview was scheduled' - 01/05/2021

AOS Interview - 02/03/2021

AOS status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' - 02/03/2021

Reviewed I-130 and I-485 approval letters - 02/07/2021

Greencard received - 02/11/2021

I-751 mailed to Phoenix PO Box via USPS - 11/7/2022

I-751 received at USCIS - 11/8/2022

Text notification received - 11/10/2022 (SRCXXXXXXX)

Check cashed - 11/15/2022

Received extension letter - 11/19/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.