Hemutian

November 2022 I-751 Filers

407 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, cbro20 said:

Hello fellow November filers! We just sent off our petition on Monday morning and it was delivered today (Phoenix Lockbox). Package was just under four pounds and had bank account statements, utility bills, photos, travel itineraries, tax returns, etc. Hope it goes smooth for everyone!

Our application hit the Phoenix lockbox on the same day as yours, so let's compare timelines, at least on initial progress. Good luck.

8 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

The kitchen sink is not a bad thing, we threw the kitchen sink at them too!

Thanks for the encouraging words Sarge. I know you're a fellow kitchen-sinker! Your posts have helped us a great deal, especially during AOS. Best of luck with your current application. Hope it all goes well for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Meg101 said:

I sent the packet out on 11/02/22 and USCIS received it 11/04. I was given a receipt number which I’ve entered into the app to track my case and the notification there says they have mailed me a receipt notice. (Is this the NOA1?) my receipt number begins LIN does that have any reference/meaning? ☺️

Looks like our packet was sent and received on the same days as yours! How did you pay your fee? Have been checking credit card to see if there's a pending transaction the last week and nothing yet. Of course I didn't hear anything about people having issues with paying with credit card till after our packet was sent. 😭 Praying everything goes through smoothly and we get a text/email and NOA 1 soon. 

1 hour ago, Zaka91 said:

Looks like our packet was sent and received on the same days as yours! How did you pay your fee? Have been checking credit card to see if there's a pending transaction the last week and nothing yet. Of course I didn't hear anything about people having issues with paying with credit card till after our packet was sent. 😭 Praying everything goes through smoothly and we get a text/email and NOA 1 soon. 

I went to the post office and got a money order, so the money was taken straight away from my account and I guess the post office will get it taken from them whenever USCIS tries to take it lol.  

I did also hear that there had been some issues with some banks and paying by credit card so I wanted to avoid that as my card expires in 2 weeks today.  I’ll update here when I get my NOA1. I hope your payment is taken soon and that you also get yours soon. ☺️

This time around I’m having everything mailed to my lawyers PO Box as we may be moving and I don’t want to deal with all that hassle & the risk of things getting lost/anxiously checking the mail. We don’t get informed delivery in this neighborhood which would have been helpful last time around as I was watching the mailbox like a hawk waiting for my last GC! 😅

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

I went to the post office and got a money order, so the money was taken straight away from my account and I guess the post office will get it taken from them whenever USCIS tries to take it lol.  

I decided to do a money order too thinking it was the best way, just to find out that they don't seem to appreciate them anymore and at least started not accepting them anymore at field offices 🤣 

5 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

I decided to do a money order too thinking it was the best way, just to find out that they don't seem to appreciate them anymore and at least started not accepting them anymore at field offices 🤣 

Oh man they sure keep us on our toes don’t they with the fussy changes!!  😅😂 fingers crossed our money orders are ok. 🤞🏽

I received a text from USCIS this evening with my receipt number - SRC, so Texas Service Center. My packet was delivered to Phoenix lockbox on Tuesday (11/08). Check hasn't been cashed yet.

Concurrent filing(I-130/I-485) packet sent via UPS - 08/04/2020

Packet received at USCIS - 08/07/2020

Checks cashed - 08/22/2020

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

NOA1s received - 08/31/2020

I-693 Deficiency Notice received - 09/21/2020

RFE for I-944 received - 11/17/2020

I-944 response to RFE delivered to USCIS - 11/24/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'ready to schedule interview' - 12/31/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'Interview was scheduled' - 01/05/2021

AOS Interview - 02/03/2021

AOS status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' - 02/03/2021

Reviewed I-130 and I-485 approval letters - 02/07/2021

Greencard received - 02/11/2021

I-751 mailed to Phoenix PO Box via USPS - 11/7/2022

I-751 received at USCIS - 11/8/2022

Text notification received - 11/10/2022 (SRCXXXXXXX)

Check cashed - 11/15/2022

Received extension letter - 11/19/2022

I sent my packet on Friday, November 4 via FEDEX and it was delivered Tuesday November 8.

I saw a notification on my credit card today but I have not received any text message yet.

Timeline

Can somebody please count 90 days for me since I'm apparently not good in counting higher then the 10 fingers I have and that USCIS calculator is not working 🤣 

My card expires 02/09. I think today should be the day but I also had 3 other results. Please help 🙈

32 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Can somebody please count 90 days for me since I'm apparently not good in counting higher then the 10 fingers I have and that USCIS calculator is not working 🤣 

My card expires 02/09. I think today should be the day but I also had 3 other results. Please help 🙈

Today is the day. You don't have to submit exactly today. You can do it on Monday to be 100% safe.

Timeline
1 hour ago, OldUser said:

Today is the day. You don't have to submit exactly today. You can do it on Monday to be 100% safe.

Thank you. I was seriously doubting my abilities 🤣 I'll send it tomorrow since USPS is closed today ( I know I'm a wild spirit for going with USPS 😁) and it probably won't get there until mid- week so it should be fine.

On 11/10/2022 at 8:04 AM, Sarge2155 said:

Hopefully not sending that marriage certificate won't come back to bite you, you always send what they ask for. USCIS does not always connect the dots and your I-130 is not a I-751. Hopefully you also sent more than one bank statement too!

Did it say to send the marriage certificate in the filing instructions? If so, then I definitely missed that. 

3 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Yes October 11th today is the 90th day, but wait a few days to be safe!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 minutes ago, Trish and Oli said:

Did it say to send the marriage certificate in the filing instructions? If so, then I definitely missed that. 

I just checked the instructions and it definitely did not ask for the marriage certificate under what initial evidence is required. They do ask for a divorce decree if you've gotten one, but it seems kind of silly to ask for the marriage certificate since they know you're married and going to the next step, but we'll see. Thanks for the heads up.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

You can use this as well https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator.     I too was in the dilemma and found this. Same 90 days window Calculator. I even did date calculation online via another site 😀.

51 minutes ago, Trish and Oli said:

I just checked the instructions and it definitely did not ask for the marriage certificate under what initial evidence is required. They do ask for a divorce decree if you've gotten one, but it seems kind of silly to ask for the marriage certificate since they know you're married and going to the next step, but we'll see. Thanks for the heads up.

No it's  not silly at all, you forget who you are dealing with,  hopefully you'll  be ok though.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.