Sorasykes

CR1 Visa denial... Path forward?

49 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Sorasykes said:

Generic ones like how many trips did I make out there. What happened during each trip. Marriage anniversary and which trip we got married on. There was questions about first kiss and how often we were intimate. I answered all 100% accurately but she admitted the officer corrected her on a few and she was very nervous. I guess that did it.

If the Officer asked you or your wife how many times you were intimate , I can already see myself HOWLING with abuse of discretion and utter indignation in the response to NOIR…No wonder she got flustered !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If memory serves me right which it may not where you introduced by her family and she had been petitioned but in a category that was taking a long time?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 minute ago, Family said:

If the Officer asked you or your wife how many times you were intimate , I can already see myself HOWLING with abuse of discretion and utter indignation in the response to NOIR…No wonder she got flustered !

Yeah they asked that. I was shocked but they said it would greatly help the case to answer. She's not good with that kind of pressure and those kinda questions. I'll mention it to uscis.

Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

If memory serves me right which it may not where you introduced by her family and she had been petitioned but in a category that was taking a long time?

I was introduced through her sister who lives near me. I met and befriend my now wife's brother in law. He introduced me to the rest of the family and we became good friends. We applied for cr1 and it took a long time. We are almost 4 years into processing. It took a year to book a 221g appointment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ok I remember your previous posts and yes best for you to move and then if at some later time you want to move to the US you will have a solid application.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

If the latest interview including the phone interview happened on March onward this year, no personal visits in last 3 years could have also played a big role. Second half of 2021 is kinda post covid for travel so covid reason for 2021 usually don't fly.

Overall it seems you two need to spend some time together especially to get over with this denial after these many years and also to strengthen the evidences of bonafide relationship to start the next petition. Not sure wat sort of supporting evidences were provided during i130 and during the visa interview, but make sure to start collecting all possible evidences.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

25 minutes ago, Sorasykes said:

We communicate in english and both interviews were also in english. I thought our case was very strong. I submitted way more than they asked for when they gave a us a 221g. I visited 3 times between 2018 and 2019. Obviously covid stopped us after that. Guess I'll be booking a flight soon.

Book a flight and don’t let this setback damage the 4 years of dedication. You sound sincere and dedicated to the marriage and I trust you are familiar with your wife’s character and demeanor…as well as possible reactions under stress. 
Even if you held your temper and did not respond to that question with a “ None of your ## business” or a more civilized “ I consummated my marriage as prescribed “ ….I think it’s time to get on the offensive now. 

Get you Congressman to help asap. Ask for help w 

1. Ask for an expedited USCIS processing of the review ( get your NOIR faster) 

2.  Lodge a complaint of CO abuse of discretion 

****Don’t give up , get a fiery Attorney w experience challenging Consulates , if you have to. It’s worth even just going for a few consults , to get your confidence back!

Edited by Family

Timeline
Just now, Family said:

Book a flight and don’t let this setback damage the 4 years of dedication. You sound sincere and dedicated to the marriage and I trust you are familiar with your wife’s character and demeanor…as well as possible reactions under stress. 
Even if you held your temper and did not respond to that question with a “ None of your ## business” or a more civilized “ I consummated my marriage as prescribed “ ….I think it’s time to get on the offensive now. 

Get you Congressman to help asap. Ask for help w 

1. Ask for an expedited USCIS processing of the review ( get your NOIR faster) 

2.  Lodge a complaint of CO abuse of discretion 

Thank you I will.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Sorasykes said:

Like I said she admitted to be nervous and missing questions.

Admitting to being nervous won't result in denial, all of us are nervous during the interview and they are well aware of that.

I just saw that they asked about intimacy, that would throw me for a loop, as well. 

Edited by Cathi

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cathi said:

Admitting to being nervous won't result in denial, all of us are nervous during the interview and they are well aware of that.

What questions did she get wrong that you say she should have known? That will give a better us perspective on the denial.

How many trips I made. She said 2. She also said we got married on the third trip(she thought the third trip was the second because she forgot about the first.) She was technically right we got married on the second trip. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My NOID came in 6 months 

NOIR and NOID are a bit different 

one u can respond to /the other says u can appeal

I did appeal / it took over a year and i won but it said "bona fida marriage/ u  can reapply"

so,  if that comes,,  just reapply and address the issues with the new application

u will need to address the issues whether its NOID or NOID in a response or new application

Addressing any issues the CO states means u need actual proof each issue is wrong 

Actual proof is different than just saying" that is not so"

even if they say she was nervous and we thought it was because she was not telling the truth/  if u have a text or printed talk where u about her upcoming interview and she said "i am so nervous/ i want to be with u , my husband"   That's proof

this is where text messages and chats come in as important

what u know about each other is in them

But u need more time together / quality time overcomes a lot 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Just now, Sorasykes said:

How many trips I made. She said 2. She also said we got married on the third trip(she thought the third trip was the second because she forgot about the first.) She was technically right we got married on the second trip. 

Sigh, that really stinks. It is easy to get confused when you're nervous. I would make a trip to see her to spend some quality time and then once you get your NOID/NOIR send in all the evidence you can possibly get you hands on to rebut. I know several people who have overcome NOID/NOIR, you still have hope. Unfortunately, it will take quite a bit of time.

31 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

My NOID came in 6 months 

NOIR and NOID are a bit different 

I always wonder on the inconsistency of these. In theory a

NOID ( notice of intent to deny) is to be issued BEFORE a petition is approved. 

NOIR ( notice of intent to revoke) is to be issued AFTER a petition has already been approved…which is OP’s case and was also yours @Jeanne Adil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Family said:

I always wonder on the inconsistency of these. In theory a

NOID ( notice of intent to deny) is to be issued BEFORE a petition is approved. 

NOIR ( notice of intent to revoke) is to be issued AFTER a petition has already been approved…which is OP’s case and was also yours @Jeanne Adil

ours came with denial of CR1 (age difference but this was not mentioned) 

Co's come up with strange issues

they asked "does she like to read?"  he said yes but could not list books ( I do a lot of online research)

and the embassies are very inconsistent in many areas

note the (program i can not list)   approval when the man and woman met in person just 8 hours 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.