NoMansLand2020

Newly married and already issues

128 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

I'll buy tickets back to the Philippines for all three of them. 

She has to be willing to go.

8 hours ago, B_J said:

This is cool. We went from him only viewing his wife as a commodity that he's unhappy with to now she's an evil manipulator. 

Is there any chance their just two normal people in a bad situation who haven't figured out how to communicate with each other?

And, by the way,  I might have been just a little bit wrong on this one.

But, to be fair, I definitely think she's getting some help from her "friend".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Good luck with that.  I doubt it will be that simple.  After all, she and her children gave up everything to join you in the US.  

She's already telling me she wants to go back.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She's so wishy washy and back and forth about everything.  One minute it's she wants to get separated, the next it's she wants to go back to the Philippines... The next it's she wants a divorce and then she's saying she will give me a second chance. 

51 minutes ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

One minute it's she wants to get separated, the next it's she wants to go back to the Philippines... The next it's she wants a divorce and then she's saying she will give me a second chance.

Sounds like you are wasting your time in debate. You allow her to be wishy washy by engaging in it. You say to her simply this. I love you and I want you to be happy most of all. Make your choice and I will help you with your decision.1. You come home and we work it out. 2. You want to end things and we get divorce. 3. You fly back to the Philippines and we get divorced. Separation is off the table. Let me know what you decide and I will accept it and help you. Do not accept anything other than a decision. Do not discuss, debate, engage in any way. Her answer will dictate your next steps. But force an answer don't play games.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, LexieJ said:

This is really sad and disheartening situation,  from previous posts from OP this lady had so much red flags but the OP still decided to pursue with the  visa process and now he is stuck in this situation that could potentially land him in "criminal charges(DV)" and more mess in his hands. This is a BIG "WE TOLD YOU SO" type of situation. We hope that this resolves in his favor and will serve as a big lesson for him and others who will be in the same boat in the future, 

As a Filipina myself people like this give us decent Pinays a bad name and reputation, I hope she does the right thing and just go home and resolve this with no further complications for her and the OP. 

Unfortunately we all have a tendency to think that it wont / cant happen to us .. that it happens to “ other “ people. Sadly not the case 

10 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

She feels some trust with my mother. And has opened up to her on several occasions. She told my mother yesterday that she would try to give me a second chance, but if I hit her again it would be over. 

I messaged my wife bcak in regards to her debit card being blocked. That we had no idea where or who she was with and that I did not want her to be taken advantage of. I told her that I was in the wrong for hitting her. That there should never be a reason to hit anyone and that it wouldn't happen again. I told her that I would immediately enroll in an anger management program so that I could learn how to deal with my frustrations in a controlled manner. 

She said she would forgive me if I acknowledged that I hit her other arm which I did and said again there was no excuse for my actions. And that as mentioned above it wouldn't happen again and that I would go to counseling. 

She asked how could she know it wouldn't happen again. I responded that I knew that I would lose the most important thing in my life which was my her and the kids. She didn't respond to that.  But responded this morning that she has decided to get a separation and that I need to turn on her debit card so she can pay rent and food as per her, I am responsible for that. 

I have yet to respond to this request. I think we both need to sit down and talk about things. Especially with the kids and baby on the way. Text messages don't resolve issues. 

@Villanelle and @Family am I correct in thinking him blocking her debit card can also be used in her VAWA case if she decides to go forward with one? 

She could submit the text messages as evidence of him admitting to physical abuse and she could maybe make a claim of financial abuse as he is controlling her access to money? 

Would it be wise for him to re-activate the card? 

1 minute ago, ROK2USA said:

She could submit the text messages as evidence of him admitting to physical abuse and she could maybe make a claim of financial abuse as he is controlling her access to money? 

Would it be wise for him to re-activate the card? 

Activating debit card is not wise. He can choose to give her some money  ( through a friend / mediator/ attorney and by money order ) ….OR he can choose to file divorce and WAIT FOR THE COURT PROCEEDINGS to finalize…before he gives her any money at all. A two month marriage, no I-864 obligation ( if withdrawn) there will be no assets to split and only logistics of health insurance for pregnancy…

The VAWA claim is already established ( via texts and declaration from the friends housing her) so it makes no difference…but even if she files VAWA, it will not have a negative impact on him …other than a broken heart and the pain of a breakup.

He is in a tough spot…and she is certainly not having the best of time either , especially without the debit card…doubt she anticipated that. I would venture to guess she will “ forgive him” soon ( especially while under financial stress of caring for the children without money)….

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Family said:

Activating debit card is not wise. He can choose to give her some money  ( through a friend / mediator/ attorney and by money order ) ….OR he can choose to file divorce and WAIT FOR THE COURT PROCEEDINGS to finalize…before he gives her any money at all. A two month marriage, no I-864 obligation ( if withdrawn) there will be no assets to split and only logistics of health insurance for pregnancy…

The VAWA claim is already established ( via texts and declaration from the friends housing her) so it makes no difference…but even if she files VAWA, it will not have a negative impact on him …other than a broken heart and the pain of a breakup.

He is in a tough spot…and she is certainly not having the best of time either , especially without the debit card…doubt she anticipated that. I would venture to guess she will “ forgive him” soon ( especially while under financial stress of caring for the children without money)….

Does immigration lawyers help petitioners in VAWA cases? Will he need Immigration lawyer or divorce/family lawyer for his situation? I feel for the OP (although he ignored all the red flags so partly he is to be blamed). Are VAWA cases easy to prove?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.