NoMansLand2020

Newly married and already issues

128 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/19/2022 at 9:02 PM, NoMansLand2020 said:

I got married to my Filipina roughly two months ago and we are already having issues. I know no marriage is perfect and all relationships require constant work. But I'm at the end of my rope and need some help. 

I'm 41 and she's 27. Neither of us have been married previously, but she has two young children who believe I'm their real dad. We are very attracted to each other. She's currently 6 weeks pregnant. 

She's a bit immature in my opinion. I currently work full time while she stays at home. Many times, she spends all day on her phone or watching TV rather than helping with household chores. I come home from work frequently to the house messy. Food from breakfast and lunch and dirty dishes all over the place. Sometimes she will do laundry and then leave the clean clothes in the basket for days staying wrinkled.  

We seem to argue a ton about money. I am a very frugal person and this immigration process and the wedding cost me a ton of money. I'm still young and trying to save for retirement, keep a budget and provide for my family at the same time. Her idea is that I provide even if I have to take out loans to buy things she thinks we need but are more wants than anything else. 

Anyhow, yesterday we took the kids to their biometric appointment as part of the AOS process. Afterwards we were going to take the kids to the local zoo. On the way, as I was driving through busy afternoon traffic, she was teasing me and pulled on my face and nose covering my eyes so I couldn't see the road. I nearly caused an accident because of it and got upset. So I hit her in the shoulder to get her attention. I don't think I hit her very hard, but according to her it caused bruising. 

We got to the zoo and she was obviously upset and crying. I tried to get her to talk, but she just pushed me away and told me she wasn't going with us. She ended up staying with the car while I took the two kids. We came back two hours later and she's vanished. She wouldn't answer phone calls, or messages for hours. I had no idea where she, so we just waited and waited. She responded to messages, but it's vague responses not to worry about her, that I don't care about her and that she doesn't love me anymore. She says she's with friends. Yet, I wasn't sure and didn't want to leave her. 

So we ended up waiting 9 hours and she never shows up. So I end up driving an hour back home with the kids and no wife and no answers really as to where she is. 

Today she messages me while I am at work and asks me to bring the kids back to where we were the previous day. She's obviously still upset by the way she's responding and very vague answers. I drove the kids an hour back and we wait almost 90 min for her to show with a Filipina friend that I don't know. Anyway, my wife is not making any visual contact. Keeps her back to me the entire time I am helping the kids into their car seats and handing over some clothing to her friend. 

I don't know what I'm supposed to do at this point. I'm upset because my kids are gone and they are upset that daddy is gone. They were pulled out of school a week before their last day. The youngest is supposed to graduate kindergarten on Tuesday. I have all their stuff at the house. Clothes, toys, identification including passports.  With my wife being pregnant, she has upcoming prenatal appointments to be to and I'm concerned about her and the kids getting the care they need. Especially now that she has no money, nor insurance information on her. 

Is this just some silly tampo fit and she will realize the predicament she's put herself and the kids in? 

You do have to be there for her to get her green card.  Just saying.

8 minutes ago, Adventine said:

Edited to add: she already had a solid domestic violence case to begin with. He hit her while she is pregnant with their child. No court is going to look kindly on that.

I feel sorry for the kids.

She strictly “ communicated” by texts only and by virtue of those texts she has established the VAWA ( no longer  needs a police report, TRO or even a psychological evaluation ..and would even be admitted/ housed in a DV Shelter )….

BUT it will NOT hold up in court for a DV if incident is as described and he puts up a defense. .. “ only incident, reaction to unsafe driving conditions, her reckless behavior of hands on face, mom, family and other friends testimonies of his previous behavior w her and children, lack of threats “ and ultimately there is an actual LIST of DV standards  when they hold a hearing ( after the temporary grant) whereby one’s life and safety is in jeopardy…nothing described rises to that level. 

The temporary TRO is granted very very quickly and liberally  ( and rightfully so ) but at the hearing both parties are given a chance to argue and prove their case. 

4 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

I have yet to respond to this request. I think we both need to sit down and talk about things. Especially with the kids and baby on the way. Text messages don't resolve issues. 

You need to have divorce papers drawn up. You should stop communicating through text. Understand that she is being advised. You may have good intentions to try to fix things. But it seems like she does not.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

You need to have divorce papers drawn up. You should stop communicating through text. Understand that she is being advised. You may have good intentions to try to fix things. But it seems like she does not.

I'll buy tickets back to the Philippines for all three of them. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, B_J said:

You have to pay attention to everything people are telling you in these latest replies. Everything about this has changed.  As they have pointed out, you have now admitted to being abusive and that you  need to go to counseling for your anger issues.  If you are putting this in a text, you are giving her documentation of these things.  You also have no idea who is sitting next to her telling her what to say. 

Right now, even if you have the best of intentions,  and even if we're all wrong about what's going on,  you need to protect yourself. Do not text her and some will probably say not to meet in person without a third person that you trust. You have to protect yourself. 

Pushing her away or hitting her so she will get off me so I can drive safely is not abuse. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

I'll buy tickets back to the Philippines for all three of them. 

Good luck with that.  I doubt it will be that simple.  After all, she and her children gave up everything to join you in the US.  

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.