BrittIgbinovia

Consulate Visited My Spouses Home

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

You can see the positive side: if they visited him it means your case is moving. Hopefully you'll receive good news soon.

My husband said the same thing. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

It happens. I remember someone on this forum a few years ago saying someone from the US consulate showed up at the guys house and it turned out his wife was there. He had never gotten divorced. It was also Nigeria. 

Wow! That’s wild. He is definitely divorced. I’ve met and spent time with pretty much his entire family. However, I understand their caution. I just didn’t know they make home visits like that during the process. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Home visits are not common, but they do happen.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
59 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

unfotrunately our news is focused on the negative but reading the report from Rice University it says the following:

According to Rice University research, Nigerian Americans are the most educated group in the United States.[21][22]

According to the 2008-2012 American Community Survey conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau, 61.4% of Nigerian Americans aged 25 years or older hold a bachelor's degree or higher, compared to 28.5% of the total U.S. population.[2

So,  when he comes , encourage him to excel and just love what the 2 of u an accomplish together

He has a bachelors degree in physics already. He works very hard and is always trying to improve himself already. So I’m sure once he is here and we get settled he most certainly will.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

So far as everything is kosher you have nothing to worry about. Relax 

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Wow . Even though they came by his house , it still doesn’t mean that’s his intentions are pure. This is high fraud country and I was married to a Nigerian and he left after getting the greencard. Not saying that’s your situation but many of us on VJ got scammed by Nigerians. Be careful 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lady Rain said:

Wow . Even though they came by his house , it still doesn’t mean that’s his intentions are pure. This is high fraud country and I was married to a Nigerian and he left after getting the greencard. Not saying that’s your situation but many of us on VJ got scammed by Nigerians. Be careful 

We are good over here in our relationship. Thank you for your concern. 

4 hours ago, BrittIgbinovia said:

We are good over here in our relationship. Thank you for your concern. 

I've been binge watching a lot of Jim Hacking videos lately.

They seem to be targeting certain couples and delaying the process and setting up hurdles in hopes the marriage/relationship finally breaks up. 

Please stay strong! And I hope your husband gets his visa soon. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lady Rain said:

it does happen and we do read about it 

we have even seen where the immigrant comes ,  marries ,  divorces and then sends for a wife/husband back home

i feel immigration does all it can to stop marriage fraud and warn us and for high fraud countries they try to make us spent quality time so hopefully we see the real person and intent

But also understand "marrying another USC "  can resort in being used also if you don't know the person,,  family and circumstances 

I am so sorry you were scammed in this way / it su---ks

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kor2USA said:

I've been binge watching a lot of Jim Hacking videos lately.

They seem to be targeting certain couples and delaying the process and setting up hurdles in hopes the marriage/relationship finally breaks up. 

Please stay strong! And I hope your husband gets his visa soon. 

I binge watched his videos after a recommendation from another VJ member. I was so sad to hear this but I understand their concerns. I really do. Just makes it difficult for those of us that are legit. My husband said he got a call this morning from the same people that did the inspection and said he would get a call from the Consulate within the next few weeks. So waiting game at this point. 

This happened to my wife, who was my fiance at the time. She is from Vietnam. I attended the first two interviews and she was paced in AP for 9.5 months. Then, they showed up at her home, were welcomed in and the Vietnamese employee grabbed her phone. Then, she "asked her to unlock it". They were there about an hour The officer played good cop and the Vietnamese employee accepted the bad cop role. We each received notification that she was approved within 2 days and the visa was hand delivered in 7 days (after she took her passport in). Funny thing is that they showed up 2 days after I left. I traveled there at least one every 7 weeks or so back then and usually stayed for 2 weeks at a time. I had just bought new furniture, appliances, etc as our child was about to be born. Luckily, our child was born here as I immediately returned and brought her back. Now, my in-laws have appliances and western-style furniture:)

We had been hoping they would show up for months and kept asking neighbors and family if anyone had ever stopped by to ask about our relationship. The answer was alway no, until then. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Hurry&Wait said:

This happened to my wife, who was my fiance at the time. She is from Vietnam. I attended the first two interviews and she was paced in AP for 9.5 months. Then, they showed up at her home, were welcomed in and the Vietnamese employee grabbed her phone. Then, she "asked her to unlock it". They were there about an hour The officer played good cop and the Vietnamese employee accepted the bad cop role. We each received notification that she was approved within 2 days and the visa was hand delivered in 7 days (after she took her passport in). Funny thing is that they showed up 2 days after I left. I traveled there at least one every 7 weeks or so back then and usually stayed for 2 weeks at a time. I had just bought new furniture, appliances, etc as our child was about to be born. Luckily, our child was born here as I immediately returned and brought her back. Now, my in-laws have appliances and western-style furniture:)

We had been hoping they would show up for months and kept asking neighbors and family if anyone had ever stopped by to ask about our relationship. The answer was alway no, until then. 

Wow! That’s interesting! The officers didn’t ask for his phone but they definitely throughly went through all Of his drawers, closets and other rooms. It has also been 9 months for us on AP at this point. They have yet to call him as promised by the consulates inspectors that came by. We are hoping for an approval soon. Fingers crossed!! 🤞🏾 

Im glad it worked out in your favor and tour in-laws got some awesome new furniture! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It’s Nigeria…. Are home visits common? No, but they do happen. It’s impossible to say if you will get a visitor but don’t exclude the idea because it is apart of the process. As crazy as it may sound, they messaged me on Facebook Messenger…. Asking me the same questions…. How did you meet? How many times have you visited? How long did you stay? Two days later, the case was approved. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.