BrittIgbinovia

Consulate Visited My Spouses Home

57 posts in this topic

On 10/20/2021 at 7:19 AM, Ankomah said:

IR1 versus CR1 is from the time of marriage to your interview date, not when you enter the US

Not quite.  The visa type that will be placed in the passport will depend on the length of marriage at the time of visa issuance, not interview.  But regardless of the visa type in the passport, the immigrant's permanent resident status will depend on the length of marriage at the time of US entry.  So even if the visa in the passport is CR1, if the immigrant enters the US after 2 years of marriage, they will still be admitted as IR1 and will get a 10-year green card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, Chancy said:

Not quite.  The visa type that will be placed in the passport will depend on the length of marriage at the time of visa issuance, not interview.  But regardless of the visa type in the passport, the immigrant's permanent resident status will depend on the length of marriage at the time of US entry.  So even if the visa in the passport is CR1, if the immigrant enters the US after 2 years of marriage, they will still be admitted as IR1 and will get a 10-year green card.

This ^^^^

I entered 1 day after my 2 year wedding anniversary to ensure we wouldn't have to do ROC and would be issued a 10yr GC.  The update happened behind the scenes.  My visa in my passport said CR-1, my GC is IR-1.  If it's incorrect (as it was on Kid2's GC), you can file an I-90 and have it corrected.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/21/2021 at 2:41 PM, mam521 said:

This ^^^^

I entered 1 day after my 2 year wedding anniversary to ensure we wouldn't have to do ROC and would be issued a 10yr GC.  The update happened behind the scenes.  My visa in my passport said CR-1, my GC is IR-1.  If it's incorrect (as it was on Kid2's GC), you can file an I-90 and have it corrected.  

Thank! Super helpful!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/19/2021 at 2:20 PM, BrittIgbinovia said:

We just got the email asking him to take a new medical exam from an approved center and turn in his passport! However, is it normal for them to indicate that he is not to turn in his passport until 6 weeks after the medical exam? 

I am wondering is this is because our two year marriage mark is coming up soon. Could they possibly be extending it out for the difference in the type of visa he will be issued?!

Congratulations. That's awesome news. Hubby will be home for Christmas. Thanks for keeping us updated and staying positive.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

Congratulations. That's awesome news. Hubby will be home for Christmas. Thanks for keeping us updated and staying positive.

Hi! Praying for that. We are so relieved that we are at the tail end of this!

Unfortunately he can’t get his medical exam redone until November 5th which puts us at turning in his passport to the collection facility December 18th or so. 

Is it normal for them to ask him to wait six weeks following the medical exam to turn in his passport to the collection facility? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/17/2021 at 7:34 PM, BrittIgbinovia said:

Wow! That’s interesting! The officers didn’t ask for his phone but they definitely throughly went through all Of his drawers, closets and other rooms. It has also been 9 months for us on AP at this point. They have yet to call him as promised by the consulates inspectors that came by. We are hoping for an approval soon. Fingers crossed!! 🤞🏾 

Im glad it worked out in your favor and tour in-laws got some awesome new furniture! 

It will happen sis..Your husband will be here..Yes, Nigeria is a high fraud country, but not every Nigerian man or woman are into scamming..I am married to a Nigerian and have been 5 years and not to say all is peaches and cream because no marriage is perfect, but he is a damn good husband..Honestly, I had the same fears other women had with Nigerian men in reference to the scamming when we first started out, but glad I followed my heart..We just celebrated our 5th year anniversary last week and he went above and beyond..Yes, a high fraud country, but as I stated not all Nigerians are like that..The bad ones just make it bad for the genuine ones..Hopefully you will hear something soon..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/12/2021 at 12:32 PM, BrittIgbinovia said:

Has anyone ever heard of the Embassy/Consulate doing random drop in inspections?

Will USCIS come and visit me at my home here in Bellevue,WA USA? (I’m not concerned I just work a lot and don’t want to be penalized for not being home should they drop by?

Hi.

The US Immigration visited our apartment in Houston, Tx, at 6 a.m. weeks after we got my wife's Green card. A guy she dated before we met was an unhappy camper, and a policeman, and had been leaving messages on our answering machine threatening to report us to immigration for having a fraudulent marriage... i.e. just for the GC.

The "officer" came in, was courteous, and only asked us a few questions, like how many bedrooms in the apartment.

We told her about the harassnent and she left without any more questions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2021 at 2:02 AM, BrittIgbinovia said:

Hi! Praying for that. We are so relieved that we are at the tail end of this!

Unfortunately he can’t get his medical exam redone until November 5th which puts us at turning in his passport to the collection facility December 18th or so. 

Is it normal for them to ask him to wait six weeks following the medical exam to turn in his passport to the collection facility? 

Hi! Hope your husband's medical exam went well! You're getting closer to the passport turn in date. ❤️ 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 11/13/2021 at 9:28 PM, Kor2USA said:

Hi! Hope your husband's medical exam went well! You're getting closer to the passport turn in date. ❤️ 

He turned in his passport on 12/17/21. However it’s been three weeks now that they have had his passport on file and we just got this message today! 

Not understanding how they intend to cancel his petition when we complied with everything. 

22DE4132-5952-4C13-9F29-7FDB6460FBD9.jpeg

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just wanted to let everyone know since OP hasn't come back to update. They were Approved and he entered US.

Visa Received : 2022-01-28
US Entry : 2022-03-01

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

57 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Just wanted to let everyone know since OP hasn't come back to update. They were Approved and he entered US.

Visa Received : 2022-01-28
US Entry : 2022-03-01

This case is not related to ours but it is great that you post an update. 

Thanks on behalf of those who will find this useful at some point. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.