aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Antonino96 said:

How do I double check which center is processing my application through live chat? I’m trying to d o it using Emma, but I always hit a dead end.

tell Ask EMMA you are having technical difficulties

and ask for a live agent

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
58 minutes ago, etrangais said:

tell Ask EMMA you are having technical difficulties

and ask for a live agent

Thanks. As other people, my paper work said Nebraska, but the live agent informed me I was assigned to Vermont. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone! Chat with EMMA early today, spoke to a live agent and the agent said our case is being processed at California service center the most slow one (26.5 Months to 34.5 Months)

Good luck everyone!!!

On 11/9/2021 at 12:29 PM, hunny&me said:

OMG!  Unexpected!!  I logged in my USCIS today and saw:

November 9, 2021 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS
On the Document tab, i see I-130 Approval PDF with approval date of today!  
Thank you Lord!!  
I did sent in K3 early October.  Both K3 and I-130 at Vermont Service Center.

When you sent the K#, did you have to pay additional money?  I looked at the 129f and it says there's a $535 charge.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Educ8r said:

When you sent the K#, did you have to pay additional money?  I looked at the 129f and it says there's a $535 charge.

There are no filling fees for I-129F for K3: IT IS FREE

The fees are for I-129F for K1, fiancée visa

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

3 hours ago, Educ8r said:

No fee.  Just below the $535, you will read >>   "However, there is no filing fee for a K-3 spouse (as designated in 8 CFR 214.1(a)(2)) who is filing Form I-129F as the spouse of a U.S. citizen."

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys, I'm a little late to the party. It's been feeling too quiet since I submitted a petition for my husband beginning of September, so I hunted around on the web and found this community. 

We got the Receipt Notice same day of submission via the Nebraska service center. So far no further active review notices or anything, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we hear back soon.

Does anyone have updates? 

Best of luck to all of you, hang in there! 🙏

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

2 hours ago, shytown said:

Hey guys, I'm a little late to the party. It's been feeling too quiet since I submitted a petition for my husband beginning of September, so I hunted around on the web and found this community. 

We got the Receipt Notice same day of submission via the Nebraska service center. So far no further active review notices or anything, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we hear back soon.

Hello hello!

Filled on September 19th - currently in Texas Services Center. 
No updates since September 19th: "Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent"

20 hours ago, shytown said:

Hi shytown

Also filled  on sept 14 still no updates. My husband also filled K3 recently.Hope it will speed the process or do something.

Good luck for all of you.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone! 
I also submitted my i - 130 (spouse) at September and in my NOA-1, the visa center was Texas, but today I found out that it's in California😞 
I asked an agent about the transfer and he said that I may write a letter to the California office and ask about the transfer. Does anyone know something about it? I've read that it's kind of impossible, but who knows
Any help will be appreciated

image.png.491f70fe506eafbb0aff6962018fbcb5.png 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, MiladK said:

Hello everyone! 
I also submitted my i - 130 (spouse) at September and in my NOA-1, the visa center was Texas, but today I found out that it's in California😞 
I asked an agent about the transfer and he said that I may write a letter to the California office and ask about the transfer. Does anyone know something about it? I've read that it's kind of impossible, but who knows
Any help will be appreciated

image.png.491f70fe506eafbb0aff6962018fbcb5.png 

Hello  Miladk, Our NOA 1 came from Potomac, but when we chatted with EMMA the agent said our I-130 is at California service center too, I have seen some other people time lines here and the approval average  at California service center is 170 days after NOA 1(our is being actively reviewd since October 14, 54 Days ago,), I'm lucky because my wife is resident here in Brasil and we are staying together during this whole process. Our lawyer said that USCIS switch process throught services center all the time and wont be a surprise if NOA 2 come from a different SC. I think if the agent told you to send them a letter you should but, some people said its nothing we can do but wait and wait. Good luck to all of us.

I don't think there's a lot you can do to change service centres. We're California too (as of September when I last asked). Don't put too much stock in the USCIS timelines for California as the bottom end of the timeline is when 50% of petitions have been approved (rather than it being an average of all petitions). I also think VisaJourney timelines - particularly for Nebraska - are skewed because many get the NOA1 from Nebraska but are actually at different service centres and they don't know or update their timelines/data. 

Edited by madhatter204

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, madhatter204 said:

I don't think there's a lot you can do to change service centres. We're California too (as of September when I last asked). Don't put too much stock in the USCIS timelines for California as the bottom end of the timeline is when 50% of petitions have been approved (rather than it being an average of all petitions). I also think VisaJourney timelines - particularly for Nebraska - are skewed because many get the NOA1 from Nebraska but are actually at different service centres and they don't know or update their timelines/data. 

Where did you find out that 50% are approved in the lower end of the estimated timeframe? It appears to me after some cursory research that processing time also depends somewhat on the nationality of the beneficiary and if you're applying from abroad (probably also some other criteria that I'd be interested to know of).

It also appears that the long times between NOA1 and NOA2 take into account applications that have undergone revisions or requests for more evidence, further prolonging things.

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

1 minute ago, shytown said:

Where did you find out that 50% are approved in the lower end of the estimated timeframe? It appears to me after some cursory research that processing time also depends somewhat on the nationality of the beneficiary and if you're applying from abroad (probably also some other criteria that I'd be interested to know of).

It also appears that the long times between NOA1 and NOA2 take into account applications that have undergone revisions or requests for more evidence, further prolonging things.

The USCIS website https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/more-info says:

Estimated time range: This column lists case processing times as a range for select forms and locations. The lower value of the range is the time it took us to adjudicate 50% of our cases. The upper value of the range is the time it took us to complete 93% of our cases.

There's more info on the page as to how it is all calculated. I agree nationality is a factor in long timelines when high-fraud countries are involved but I don't think there are really any advantages for low-fraud countries. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.