aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Hala18 said:

honestly from my view if you are in California and you do not have a hella of a strong case you most likely will not get processed until after +1.5 years. it is horrible. I had my case there and got denied after waiting for 2 years. they are so lazy and literally do nothing. to see where your case is is call the number for Uscis and talk to a rep which will probably take more than 4 minutes to get to. ORRR you can call outside of the hours and a automated male voice will answer you and give you the location of your case. believe me I have tried everything in California, even expediting and he is my freaking husband!!!! got me so frustrated

Oh wow!!!  That is absolutely horrible!!!  Why did they deny the application?  I can't believe there is not something we can do, such as rights, to wait so long only to be denied.  I hope you have been able to appeal or re apply.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
19 minutes ago, HurtRN said:

Oh wow!!!  That is absolutely horrible!!!  Why did they deny the application?  I can't believe there is not something we can do, such as rights, to wait so long only to be denied.  I hope you have been able to appeal or re apply.  

yes its very unfortunate bad luck I think... the person who reviewed my case had no background on my religion or traditions which did not allow before marriage direct contact. they rejected it because it had unsufficient evidence... I submitted everything they usually ask for and 100% of my family members got approved within 1/2 a year to be honest ...yea there is nothing you can do congress can not use their power against immigration because of checks and balances. (I tried contacting a senator , same thing) they all wanted me to appeal but with the appeal you had to hit all the reasons why they rejected the case,  knowing I will get rejected because I do not have a concrete reason for that part of the denial. I hired a lawyer for like $2k now , my case is in Nebraska thank god, lawyers know what to do, especially smart ones~. I refiled and literally submitd everything possible and I literally wrote a 11 page ESSAY on our life and traditions in my country. I added more family pics like a freakin album with 3+ sentences on each one, and moreeee social media connections, soon I will add money transactions for both of us, although I am a student but USCIS doesn't freaking care . 

I am sorry for the rant but it has gotten me really pissed that 2 years went to the drain and because I am a full time student I literally can not go out and see him until the summer of next year :(+ covid+ the war in that country and yet they had the audacity to reject my case . kind of ashamed to be a US citizen if this is how they are going to treat me when it is my first time asking from my own government for help. 

but I have hope because my case is 100% legit and I will fight for my rights. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey everyone! I hope I can join thread since the August filers one isn’t active. My PD is 08/05/2021 and I have no updates. We live in Germany and were assigned to the Nebraska Service Center. Good luck everyone!!

6 hours ago, Hala18 said:

yes its very unfortunate bad luck I think... the person who reviewed my case had no background on my religion or traditions which did not allow before marriage direct contact. they rejected it because it had unsufficient evidence... I submitted everything they usually ask for and 100% of my family members got approved within 1/2 a year to be honest ...yea there is nothing you can do congress can not use their power against immigration because of checks and balances. (I tried contacting a senator , same thing) they all wanted me to appeal but with the appeal you had to hit all the reasons why they rejected the case,  knowing I will get rejected because I do not have a concrete reason for that part of the denial. I hired a lawyer for like $2k now , my case is in Nebraska thank god, lawyers know what to do, especially smart ones~. I refiled and literally submitd everything possible and I literally wrote a 11 page ESSAY on our life and traditions in my country. I added more family pics like a freakin album with 3+ sentences on each one, and moreeee social media connections, soon I will add money transactions for both of us, although I am a student but USCIS doesn't freaking care . 

I am sorry for the rant but it has gotten me really pissed that 2 years went to the drain and because I am a full time student I literally can not go out and see him until the summer of next year :(+ covid+ the war in that country and yet they had the audacity to reject my case . kind of ashamed to be a US citizen if this is how they are going to treat me when it is my first time asking from my own government for help. 

but I have hope because my case is 100% legit and I will fight for my rights. 

Yes, I can definitely see why you would be angry!  I am sorry that happened.  But, this time it will happen.  Sending good energy and prayers your way!!

3 hours ago, JJAFam said:

Hey everyone! I hope I can join thread since the August filers one isn’t active. My PD is 08/05/2021 and I have no updates. We live in Germany and were assigned to the Nebraska Service Center. Good luck everyone!!

I don't see why not!  🙂. Good luck to you and keep us updated on your progress!!

On 9/13/2021 at 6:11 AM, aerodnight said:

Hi everyone,

Starting a new topic for people who filed I-130 in september. We filed on 2nd september and received NOA1 on the same day. Our PD is also the same day. Please share when you'll get actively reviewed status on your case and feel free to say hi as well :) 

Hey!!  Any updates from your AR status?  Hoping you have good news to share!  I try not to stress myself out about all of this hurry up and wait....but dang its hard. haha

14 hours ago, Hala18 said:

honestly from my view if you are in California and you do not have a hella of a strong case you most likely will not get processed until after +1.5 years. it is horrible. I had my case there and got denied after waiting for 2 years. they are so lazy and literally do nothing. to see where your case is is call the number for Uscis and talk to a rep which will probably take more than 4 minutes to get to. ORRR you can call outside of the hours and a automated male voice will answer you and give you the location of your case. believe me I have tried everything in California, even expediting and he is my freaking husband!!!! got me so frustrated

Oh gosh! that is horrible! what is a strong case? I thought all we had to do was prove we are married for real. Filing is for my husband. We have been together for 12 years and married for 2. We have a 2 year old daughter who was granted a greencard on entry into the US in July. California sounds insane. I am sorry for your experience.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
2 hours ago, HurtRN said:

Hey!!  Any updates from your AR status?  Hoping you have good news to share!  I try not to stress myself out about all of this hurry up and wait....but dang its hard. haha

No updates so far. Actually this AR status came very quickly so I would be surprised to see approved status anytime soon. It would be too good to be true :D 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Nylonnig said:

Oh gosh! that is horrible! what is a strong case? I thought all we had to do was prove we are married for real. Filing is for my husband. We have been together for 12 years and married for 2. We have a 2 year old daughter who was granted a greencard on entry into the US in July. California sounds insane. I am sorry for your experience.

yea, I submitted all the regular documents that they usually asked for and I also submitted an RFE with ore than enough evidence. they just kept on saying that I didn't go out and meet him and that we are not actually married but just doing it for the visa?!!?!?! I couldn't believe it. its literally wrong/haram in my religion to even touch a man that's not my brother, father or uncle. and I sent them pictures of us like couples do... that should have been the eye pop of the case, but the person that had my case had no knowledge of our traditions and customs

best type of supporting evidence can be

official documents of marriage and certifications with birth certificate passport pictures and any type of official Identification 

Additional evidence to support

1. co-mangling of money

2. lease, mortgage, (I sent that now)

3.kids( no kids yet ;(

4.family pictures with a description of who what when , span of the relationship

5. social media contacts, messages, posts...etc

6. pictures of the wedding/engagment 

7.affidivits from people who know your relationnship well

8.wedding invitation 

there is so much more and this time I literally gave them a book. lol 😆 

wish me luck

56 minutes ago, Hala18 said:

yea, I submitted all the regular documents that they usually asked for and I also submitted an RFE with ore than enough evidence. they just kept on saying that I didn't go out and meet him and that we are not actually married but just doing it for the visa?!!?!?! I couldn't believe it. its literally wrong/haram in my religion to even touch a man that's not my brother, father or uncle. and I sent them pictures of us like couples do... that should have been the eye pop of the case, but the person that had my case had no knowledge of our traditions and customs

best type of supporting evidence can be

official documents of marriage and certifications with birth certificate passport pictures and any type of official Identification 

Additional evidence to support

1. co-mangling of money

2. lease, mortgage, (I sent that now)

3.kids( no kids yet ;(

4.family pictures with a description of who what when , span of the relationship

5. social media contacts, messages, posts...etc

6. pictures of the wedding/engagment 

7.affidivits from people who know your relationnship well

8.wedding invitation 

there is so much more and this time I literally gave them a book. lol 😆 

wish me luck

Wish you the best of luck. In 2021 you would think they are familiar with different religions. I hope it works out for you. 🤗

What are the requirements for expediting the application. I am sure everyone thinks their situation is urgent but I wondered if they would consider trying to grow your family as a reason. My husband is 46 and I am 42, We really want to try for another child soon, hence why I am so devastated by the timescales. If the CSC timescales are actual, Id be 45 by the time this is all approved and he can move here. I just cant believe our luck to have gotten CSC with a Georgia residency! I am gutted, was in floods of tears last night!

On 9/24/2021 at 9:02 PM, DutchGuy said:

Filed our I-130 on Saturday the 18th of September online. Seems like the service center is Potomac. 

Nothing in snail mail yet. Good luck all.

Update, despite the NOA1 snail mail ALSO saying Potomac, Virginia, Emma live-chat agent said that our case is assigned to Texas. 
Odd.

The wait continues.

Hello Everyone!  I filed online for my husband  last September 20, received and PD same date, we recently got married.  Online and paper received says Nebraska.  Hoping and praying for a fast processing. 🙏🙏🙏  Godspeed to all of us!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
2 minutes ago, subipeaches said:

US Citizen and Japan resident and petitioned for my wife (I-130 only) who is Japanese on September 25th. Got PD the same day. Four days later on 9/29, I got a notification that it's under active review. Is it normally this fast?!

I would say that it is unusual to be so fast, but unfortunatelly getting AR status on petition this early does not mean that you will get approved status as fast as people who get AR after few months of waiting. Still, I think it is a good sign to have AR so fast, I got mine after 20 days :)  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 hours ago, subipeaches said:

US Citizen and Japan resident and petitioned for my wife (I-130 only) who is Japanese on September 25th. Got PD the same day. Four days later on 9/29, I got a notification that it's under active review. Is it normally this fast?!

“Spouses of U.S. service members may be eligible for expedited naturalization outside the United States. Children of service members may also be eligible for naturalization or may be eligible to automatically acquire citizenship.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.