aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 hours ago, subipeaches said:

US Citizen and Japan resident and petitioned for my wife (I-130 only) who is Japanese on September 25th. Got PD the same day. Four days later on 9/29, I got a notification that it's under active review. Is it normally this fast?!

I also have some friends who had the same situation but where military and their whole process took 3 months , amazing 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Mailed the I-129F today. I know it's 99% useless, but it's free so why not. 🤷‍♂️

Naturalization (on basis of military service)

10/2/2020 - Mailed paper application to military specific Chicago Lockbox.

10/19/2020 - Case "received and accepted" according to the online tracker.

10/21/2020 - Text/letter receipt received.

08/11/2021 - Interview scheduled: Sept 14th.

09/14/2021 - Interview + Oath at the Montgomery Office.

I-130 (for my spouse)

09/23/2021 - Filed online.

09/29/2021 - Received receipt letter for I-130.

09/30/2021 - Filed I-129F through the mail.

10/12/2021 - Received receipt letter for I-129F.

12/17/2021 - AR Status change.

01/12/2022 - I-130 Approved.

01/13/2022 - I-129F Denied.

1 hour ago, Pecker said:

Mailed the I-129F today. I know it's 99% useless, but it's free so why not. 🤷‍♂️

I did the same!  any processing that will get him to me faster :)

I filed my I-130 for wife on September 18th online and got my receipt from Texas. When I call the USCIS off hours and check the status over the phone it says its being processed at Nebraska but when I asked Emma live agent they said its in Vermont after asking my phone number and address. who should I trust?

On 9/30/2021 at 9:18 PM, Pecker said:

Here’s hoping for that 1%!!!  🎉🎉 good luck!!!!

1 hour ago, akatk said:

I filed my I-130 for wife on September 18th online and got my receipt from Texas. When I call the USCIS off hours and check the status over the phone it says its being processed at Nebraska but when I asked Emma live agent they said its in Vermont after asking my phone number and address. who should I trust?

Wow!  That is a bit crazy. I have heard most people receive the correct information from the live agent after Emma - but I’ve not heard many get thru on the phone line. Maybe they are shuffling around that fast?! Was all of this in one day?  Sorry I’m not much help but maybe with all of us in the forum we can help you get answers!

Hi all,

Just to update you, my NOA2 says Vermont Service Centre not California. I am not able to get through to live agent via Emma at all. Just keeps sending my through to case status. Does anyone know exactly what I need to say to get through to live agent? Vermont has slightly better processing at 21 to 27 months.

Hope everyone is getting on ok.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Nylonnig said:

Hi all,

Just to update you, my NOA2 says Vermont Service Centre not California. I am not able to get through to live agent via Emma at all. Just keeps sending my through to case status. Does anyone know exactly what I need to say to get through to live agent? Vermont has slightly better processing at 21 to 27 months.

Hope everyone is getting on ok.

You filed in September and already have your NOA2? 

2 hours ago, aerodnight said:

You filed in September and already have your NOA2? 

I received a first NOA dated 18th sep which went to our lawyer and just said the form had been received (this had CSC at the Bottom left). I then received a second NOA dated 20th to my address which gave me online log in etc. (this had VSC at the bottom left) 

I am new to all of this. Is this the NOA2 that people refer to. By your reaction, I am guessing not. What is NOA2?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Nylonnig said:

I received a first NOA dated 18th sep which went to our lawyer and just said the form had been received (this had CSC at the Bottom left). I then received a second NOA dated 20th to my address which gave me online log in etc. (this had VSC at the bottom left) 

I am new to all of this. Is this the NOA2 that people refer to. By your reaction, I am guessing not. What is NOA2?

NOA stands for Notice of Action

NOA1 is when your application is received (the one your lawyer received and the one you received are NOA1)

NOA2 is when the petition is approved

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

1 minute ago, etrangais said:

NOA stands for Notice of Action

NOA1 is when your application is received (the one your lawyer received and the one you received are NOA1)

NOA2 is when the petition is approved

Thanks for the clarification. I wish I was at NOA2, no where near!

I also figured how to talk to live agent - it is on the website not on the phone as I was trying. I am learning verrrrrrrry slowly 😕

The case is in Vermont and was reassigned on 09/17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.