aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

@HurtRN, @Nylonnig, am glad Messenger video call is free or else my bill will be high being connected almost 24/7 with him.  I feel days passing by too slow!  But I suppose, we just have to wait.. and try to enjoy upcoming holidays while apart and look forward for the time we will be together again!   I pray for speed processing for all of us!

So, I decided to go ahead and contact my US Congressmans office...not necessarily to speed up my process but, to complain on the discrepancies in processing times amongst the different service centers.  We will see what happens....knowing our government I am sure it will go nowhere....but, the lady I have been corresponding with seems legitimately concerned and is very responsive.  I also spoke to a guy at the democrat congressman in my area (of course I fall within a different area) but, he was very receptive and helpful as well.  

I feel like if enough of us continue to reach out to our representatives and complain it might bring it up higher on lists....IDK....maybe I am just hopeful in that regard, LOL.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 9/20/2021 at 6:58 PM, Dat240 said:

Filed Sep 17 , got my Receipt number right away and got Nebraska for my service center 

Good luck everyone 

Just called and my center swapped to Texas , while I was on the phone I put in for an expedite  

10 hours ago, etrangais said:

Update from August 2021 at Texas

PD date 23-Aug-2021 (NOA1)

Texas Service Center

"Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS" update at 10:00 01-Nov-2021

NOA2: Petition APPROVED, 02:05 PM, 01-Nov-2021

Status still shows "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS"

Approval letter was uploaded in the document section

You were approved in 70 days? Wow. Did you request an expedite? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 hours ago, Snirgeu said:

You were approved in 70 days? Wow. Did you request an expedite? 

No expedite at all. Pure luck I guess.

not sure if it made a difference or not, but we filed I-129F for K3 two 60 days ago

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

1 hour ago, Antonino96 said:

When should we start seeing the september cases changing to actively reviewing? A month and a half after submission?

I wish there was a good answer to this question.  Hopefully, this will be the case....but, they are extremely random in how they process cases.  I listened to a lawyers report the other day and he talked about how some offices of the agents are less cluttered and "clean" that he sees those cases move faster as opposed to the office that is messy with files everywhere.  That is for the interview stage....but, in my mind I see that being true with the 130 stage too....that our files are just strung out everywhere and they grab at them randomly.  

Sorry - I don't mean to be negative - and HOPEFULLY we will see our sept. cases start to move.  Many blessings and good wishes towards you and all. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Antonino96 said:

When should we start seeing the september cases changing to actively reviewing? A month and a half after submission?

Thanks for the answer but, I should’ve been a little more specific. For anybody who was assigned to Nebraska, any change on your review status?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Very good news!! Congratulations!!
We are trying to look into our account once a month ( trying to not go crazy about it) , I hope we have our approval soon !!

Good luck to all of us!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
53 minutes ago, hunny&me said:

OMG!  Unexpected!!  I logged in my USCIS today and saw:

November 9, 2021 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS
On the Document tab, i see I-130 Approval PDF with approval date of today!  
Thank you Lord!!  
I did sent in K3 early October.  Both K3 and I-130 at Vermont Service Center.

Congratulations

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

13 hours ago, hunny&me said:

OMG!  Unexpected!!  I logged in my USCIS today and saw:

November 9, 2021 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS
On the Document tab, i see I-130 Approval PDF with approval date of today!  
Thank you Lord!!  
I did sent in K3 early October.  Both K3 and I-130 at Vermont Service Center.

One and a half month?! That is amazing.

Congrats! 
Did you expedite or only sent in the K3 next to the CR-1?

4 hours ago, DutchGuy said:

One and a half month?! That is amazing.

Congrats! 
Did you expedite or only sent in the K3 next to the CR-1?

Thanks!  We were completely surprised!  At this time, it is still “Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS” but approval PDF still there.  No email notification yet for approval.  So, hopefully 🙏🏼 in few days, it completes.
No expedite.  We were planning for K1 route, but our plan changed.  Since I have all the paperwork for I-129F, I just updated it as K3 and sent it 2 weeks after.   Then, lots of prayers that either one gets approve faster to get him to me sooner. 😍☺️

Edited by hunny&me

10 hours ago, hunny&me said:

Thanks!  We were completely surprised!  At this time, it is still “Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS” but approval PDF still there.  No email notification yet for approval.  So, hopefully 🙏🏼 in few days, it completes.
No expedite.  We were planning for K1 route, but our plan changed.  Since I have all the paperwork for I-129F, I just updated it as K3 and sent it 2 weeks after.   Then, lots of prayers that either one gets approve faster to get him to me sooner. 😍☺️

November 10, status changed to Case Approved.  Prayers for everyone waiting... may approvals start flowing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.