Bubukay

Is it normal to get an approved status in three days from when you received your a "application received " mail in 2021?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So on june 1st my fiancee got a notice from USCIS saying his application has been received with a receipt number, ( he is the American citizen) so on August 31st about two month later we checked the site again to track our progress and we got an approved application status, the problem was that there was no email from them like the previous stage and it says our application was approved on june 3rd, just three days after we got the first notification in 2021! I don't want to get my hopes up but does that mean our case has been transferred from USCIS to NVC? Or is there a different approval? 

Also I'm a year older than him is that a red flag? Although we are both very young 23 and 22 is that an issue too? 

Edited by Bubukay
No tag

Timeline
1 minute ago, PatLuvO said:

After USCIS approval the case gets sent to NVC. You can call or email NVC to find out if your case is there and to get your case number.

But it was so short, and I'm scared it's a different approval. but on their page it says, your case has been approved on June 3rd just three days after it was received 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Bubukay said:

But it was so short, and I'm scared it's a different approval. but on their page it says, your case has been approved on June 3rd just three days after it was received 

There is only 1 approval K1 petitions get at USCIS. Did your fiancé receive a physical copy of the approval notice in the mail? There is nothing to be scared about , if you were approved in short time frame consider it a blessing because currently it's taking between 6 to 8 months. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the USCIS process takes several months

i am thinking his name is simiiar to that of another person / only my opinion 

or someone imput the wrong info into computer (seen a lot of that lately )

it could also mean one office sent the petition to another 

PLEASE PLEASE complete a timeline of your profile

It takes 8-10 months on average (as of June 2021) for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to process Form I-129F (technically called the “Petition for Alien Fiancé”), and an additional 4-6 weeks processing time for the agency to send an interview request at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

the best to both of u

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
12 minutes ago, PatLuvO said:

There is only 1 approval K1 petitions get at USCIS. Did your fiancé receive a physical copy of the approval notice in the mail? There is nothing to be scared about , if you were approved in short time frame consider it a blessing because currently it's taking between 6 to 8 months. 

He didn't receive any physical copy, or a mail. I just pray it's real and our application has been approved 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Bubukay said:

He didn't receive any physical copy, or a mail. I just pray it's real and our application has been approved 

If he didn't get the notice in the mail he should contact USCIS because you will need it later on in the process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, PatLuvO said:

If he didn't get the notice in the mail he should contact USCIS because you will need it later on in the process.

if sent to NVC its taking about 2 months for them to have new #,   so they should have it by now from June 3rd 

but in my case(s) when USCIS sent  case(S) to NVC there was no info on USCIS site anymore /  the case had left their office 

Now ,  the case would be tracked at CEAC with new embassy #

i still think the same 

either name is somewhat the same as another's

or info is entered wrong 

or case sent to another office which means the 1st office completed nothing and just sent it on as they were bombarded with petitions

It is NOA1?

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Interesting, can you send us a screen shot?....and of course blur out your personal details and case identification numbers

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, randy32 said:

Call NVC and get your NVC case number. No sure why you are worried about a fast approval.

From the USCIS portal, your should be able to print the approval NOA2.

I don't feel the mail is as reliable as it used to be.

Printing or even seeing complete notices is not an option for the most applications.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Bubukay said:

So on june 1st my fiancee got a notice from USCIS saying his application has been received with a receipt number, ( he is the American citizen) so on August 31st about two month later we checked the site again to track our progress and we got an approved application status, the problem was that there was no email from them like the previous stage and it says our application was approved on june 3rd, just three days after we got the first notification in 2021! I don't want to get my hopes up but does that mean our case has been transferred from USCIS to NVC? Or is there a different approval? 

Also I'm a year older than him is that a red flag? Although we are both very young 23 and 22 is that an issue too? 

You think one year older is a red flag? I'm 21 years older than my husband and we had zero issues.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.