Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Immigration Timeline & Photos

randy32's Achievements

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. You might have to talk to someone in HR. Get your documents and reasons together. All explanations should be USCIS documented info. For any defect (item not available, expired stamp, ....), you point to a USCIS document. No explanation from you. Some people just know how to check off boxes. If anything is out of place, they don't know how to deal with it.
  2. I think employers should be able to verify your immigration status on the everify portal Not sure why they are asking you for additional documentation. You are supposed to fill out the I9 paperwork and they are supposed to verify Also not sure what you told them during your interview. I think you gave them info that they are using improperly. https://www.e-verify.gov/
  3. First this is primarily about the couple and not their parents. I believe that while at the interview, requests made for documents can be questioned by simply saying that it was not requested on the official list. Most COs would not go that far unless you really messed up your petition. In that case anything is game and you caused it. The attached snapshot also does not look like one for the IR1/CR1 category. Not sure which visa that is for. You need to look at the requirements for your category.
  4. The rule is 90 days before the date on the date in your case, 01/16/2020. Don't try to be smart and file on the exact date, 10/18/2022. At least 10/19/2022, an additional couple days will not hurt. Due to days in a leap year and how USCIS counts the days, the additional days will help prevent you from submitting early. Even one day too early can lead to a rejection that you will get months later
  5. If you feel you meet the requirements for expedite, you should file. It maybe accepted. Too many variables are applied by different embassies. Also expedites are approved on a case to case basis. What I can tell you is get to the point fast because no one has the time to read a long letter
  6. In my opinion, I think you should work on getting a certified copy of your marriage cert first. You will most likely not get that original back. You will need to upload a copy at the NVC stage and might be asked for during the interview.
  7. For taxes owed, as long as it is being rectified as in being paid, you are fine. In your case, you stated that you are on a payment plan so you are ok there. For taxes return documentation, the requirement is "1040 and supporting documents" or "tax transcript" NOT both. In your case, you filed for an extension, so it was now due in October, then you filed before October deadline. So again you are ok. Just take the return and supporting documents. The key is when you filed, not when it is processed. There are people in worse situations than yours. I don't see any reason for concern
  8. You should have filed MFJ not MFS, leaving some money on the table for the IRS, you can always amend if it is not too much trouble. 1040, W2 and all supporting documents (ie a copy of everything you mailed in to file) for 2021 since your return has not yet been processed. With regards to original documents, unless you have something like a divorce decree, I don't recall any originals that are needed. I would recommend putting all the documents needed together now and sending to your spouse. Electronically is faster. If originals get lost in the mail, get new certified ones. Better to have all documents gathered now then waiting for you to travel back. Personally I would not go for the interview because there is usually no allowance for spouses.
  9. I think you are able to check about 3 to 4 times every 24 hours before you are blocked for the day. I would recommend you find a WhatsApp group of people in the same situation that way there are multiple people to check without you running out of your chances per day
  10. Gmail spam deletes after 30 days if I am correct. Not sure what your email provider's policy is. Since this was approved over 30 days ago, I think you might have to call NVC to get the case and invoice numbers
  11. Hospitals asking for your passport as an id sounds normal but to stamp it? I don't see why. So far, this seems to be something that occurred in the Philippines. Passports are needed strictly for border crossings. It has no use in a medical setting besides as an id. The longer you follow VJ, the more you get to see some unique and sometimes outdated practices
  12. The letter applies if you are neither a U.S. citizen nor a U.S. resident on the last day of last year. As a LPR, no need to write a letter. What was your current status?
  13. You can file using any tax software. No letter to write to be treated as resident for the full year, just a check box while filling out the return. Once you have SSN, no need for ITIN
  14. I think it would be best to file CRBA for the child and apply for a US passport for the kid. The wait time would likely be shorter compared to a B visa. The kid would be able to travel that way anytime.
  • Create New...