J&D1008

JULY 2021 I-129 K-1 FFILERS

721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hey Everyone,

New to the site, which both my fiancé and I love, and did a little study of the database. These are the number of site members who have marked NOA1 dates for the months below leading up to July:

April: 227

May: 171

June: 137

July: 135

So while processing efficiency (hopefully) improves, the number of cases filed per month will hopefully decrease, assuming this site is an accurate reflection of the actual amounts.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ako & Rich said:

Hey Everyone,

New to the site, which both my fiancé and I love, and did a little study of the database. These are the number of site members who have marked NOA1 dates for the months below leading up to July:

April: 227

May: 171

June: 137

July: 135

So while processing efficiency (hopefully) improves, the number of cases filed per month will hopefully decrease, assuming this site is an accurate reflection of the actual amounts.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hWeQrdLEcA0DgskIUNKoEGF3fVOri66Q63jiF0c3_YE/edit?usp=drivesdk

From this sheet you are able to find more accurate numbers of each month cases.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Em&Jen said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hWeQrdLEcA0DgskIUNKoEGF3fVOri66Q63jiF0c3_YE/edit?usp=drivesdk

From this sheet you are able to find more accurate numbers of each month cases.

Cool, what is the source for this? Are these the complete totals direct from the USCIS?

And so looking at the Total numbers, the reality is more like:

January: 2022 (96%)

February: 3235 (95%)

March: 3979 (87%)

April: 3895 (29%)

May: 2864 (10%)

June: 3328 (8%)

July: 3544 (10%)

(Appx. % from that month processed as of April 11, 2022)

The majority of people already approved in May, June, and July are likely from Ukraine and Russia, correct?

So there was a surge in March and April, and a bit of a lull in May, then going back up in June and July.

Edited by Ako & Rich

4 hours ago, Liz y Yordano said:

Hello I’m new here; I just looking for some possible answers about the K1 visa status. I send my fiancé form July 13 2021 and they received it by July 26 the same year, that’s when I got the NOA1 from them; I just want to have a clear mind of maybe when will we get our NOA2. Soon this month  is my fiancé birthday and I don’t know if I should go and spend that time with him. Thx you for your time 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 5/3/2022 at 2:34 PM, Ako & Rich said:

Cool, what is the source for this? Are these the complete totals direct from the USCIS?

And so looking at the Total numbers, the reality is more like:

January: 2022 (96%)

February: 3235 (95%)

March: 3979 (87%)

April: 3895 (29%)

May: 2864 (10%)

June: 3328 (8%)

July: 3544 (10%)

(Appx. % from that month processed as of April 11, 2022)

The majority of people already approved in May, June, and July are likely from Ukraine and Russia, correct?

So there was a surge in March and April, and a bit of a lull in May, then going back up in June and July.

The numbers are indeed taken from USCIS, some people have scripts they run to quickly pull the data. The app most people use is called CaseTracker, you can download it on iOS or on an iMac (I think there's also an Android version)?

You are correct that the majority of people with approvals after May are expedites; in fact, they all really are, only once in a blue moon to we get a case taken completely out of order. For example, months ago USCIS pulled a whole batch of April 2021 filers, did nearly all of them, and then must've realized their mistake and locked the rest away. Very strange; hasn't happened since. 

I should say, though, that everyone who can file an expedite is eligible to do so regardless of filing date. So if a Ukrainian beneficiary got their file in, say, February 2022, they could have already made an expedite and be on their way. That's one of the reasons why there's a slowdown, we don't often check past May but if we did, we'd likely see approvals all over the board for a while now. 

From a 'holistic' approach, these delays started in November 2021 and continued until late January 2022. When things started picking up again, the war started and the expedites came rolling in, and while numbers are far better than they were Q4 2021, they're still not fast enough to drive the overall times back down. But again, it appears like we're out of the really rough patch. To give a personal anecdote, they finished most of February 2021 filers by the end of October, but rather than going forward to March, they just sort of sat there. I didn't get my NOA2 (as a March filer) until the end of February.  

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Greg3936 said:

I saw one approved today in my group 112000, are they start reaching July? not sure is it expedite or not. 

Sadly they are not reaching July, they are processing one 20-22 June 2021 filers for no particular reason. They have skipped 60% of April, 90% of May, and 70% of June.

Check out other groups for more information on what is going on

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Orest said:

Do we know if the jumps between months have anything to do with the situation in the respective embassies? Maybe they are prioritizing embassies with more capacity

Although it would benefit me greatly here, I highly doubt that's the case. Otherwise we would see cases processed throughout all months, not only two groups in june and Ukranian expedites.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/3/2022 at 8:43 PM, Liz y Yordano said:

You should fill out your timeline on here and it will give you an estimated approval time based on the timelines other people are recording. You filed about the same time I did last year, and my timeline currently estimates I will get my NOA2 in mid to late August, however that shifted further and further away as time has gone by. My original estimate was March 2022, but I was well aware going in that was fantasy land.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Day 313 waiting for our NOA2. Yup, I have multiple calendars, countdown clocks and target dates going. 

It's a long wait but at least we feel strangely comforted knowing that the bulk of the waiting for the NOA2 is behind us. Going through timelines of couples who have recently gotten their NOA2's it seems like they are getting their approvals somewhere in the 350-to-400-day range. I won't spaz out until I hit day 400.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
14 hours ago, MarJhi said:

Day 313 waiting for our NOA2. Yup, I have multiple calendars, countdown clocks and target dates going. 

It's a long wait but at least we feel strangely comforted knowing that the bulk of the waiting for the NOA2 is behind us. Going through timelines of couples who have recently gotten their NOA2's it seems like they are getting their approvals somewhere in the 350-to-400-day range. I won't spaz out until I hit day 400.

Lol same I'm at day 305 and have a countdown to day 365. I just want days and weeks to go by as fast as possible and seeing the countdown helps me cope a little bit. Glad I'm not the only one.

Edited by Catperson_rx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.