J&D1008

JULY 2021 I-129 K-1 FFILERS

721 posts in this topic

Timeline

Came across a WSJ article this morning about U.S. citizenship delays with USCIS -- https://www.wsj.com/articles/with-paperwork-locked-underground-thousands-of-u-s-citizenship-applicants-wait-and-wait-11643025603?mod=hp_lead_pos12

It's pretty telling and points to their archaic processes. I know these aren't K1 filings, but it really shows how much of a mess USCIS is currently.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

For those interested and still waiting for NOA-2..... I came across an open forum USCIS is having virtually on ZOOM Feb 2. You can ask questions in advance by Jan 28th. It will be lead by the USCIS Director. This can be your chance to respectfully ask about the K1 delay. You can sign up at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (govdelivery.com)

The email will look like the below.....

Thank you

for registering to participate in the virtual briefing on USCIS’ progress on the Biden Administration’s immigration-related executive orders, led by Director Ur M. Jaddou on

Feb. 2, 2022 | 2:30-3:30 p.m. Eastern

Please use Microsoft Teams to join us. We recommend using Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Firefox as your web browser. You may also view the briefing from your mobile device by downloading the Microsoft Teams application.

Please submit questions in advance by the end of the day on Friday, Jan. 28, 2022, by using the Q&A box in Microsoft Teams.

We remind you to please join 10-15 minutes
prior to the webinar.

Note to media:

This webinar is not for press purposes. Please contact the USCIS Press Office at media@uscis.dhs.gov for any media inquiries.

We look forward to your participation!

Upcoming Engagements

To view a list of upcoming local and national engagements, please visit uscis.gov/outreach.

Update Preferences

To update your RSVP, modify your email address, or to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please visit your Subscriber Preferences Page.

Information

For more information on USCIS and its programs, please visit uscis.gov.

Contact Us

Please do not reply to this message. Contact us at Public.Engagement@uscis.dhs.gov.

Timeline
23 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

For those interested and still waiting for NOA-2..... I came across an open forum USCIS is having virtually on ZOOM Feb 2. You can ask questions in advance by Jan 28th. It will be lead by the USCIS Director. This can be your chance to respectfully ask about the K1 delay. You can sign up at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (govdelivery.com)

The email will look like the below.....

Thank you

for registering to participate in the virtual briefing on USCIS’ progress on the Biden Administration’s immigration-related executive orders, led by Director Ur M. Jaddou on

Feb. 2, 2022 | 2:30-3:30 p.m. Eastern

Please use Microsoft Teams to join us. We recommend using Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Firefox as your web browser. You may also view the briefing from your mobile device by downloading the Microsoft Teams application.

Please submit questions in advance by the end of the day on Friday, Jan. 28, 2022, by using the Q&A box in Microsoft Teams.

We remind you to please join 10-15 minutes
prior to the webinar.

Note to media:

This webinar is not for press purposes. Please contact the USCIS Press Office at media@uscis.dhs.gov for any media inquiries.

We look forward to your participation!

Upcoming Engagements

To view a list of upcoming local and national engagements, please visit uscis.gov/outreach.

Update Preferences

To update your RSVP, modify your email address, or to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please visit your Subscriber Preferences Page.

Information

For more information on USCIS and its programs, please visit uscis.gov.

Contact Us

Please do not reply to this message. Contact us at Public.Engagement@uscis.dhs.gov.

Thanks! I signed up today. Will be asking about what their plans are to manage the delays we have been facing with NOA2 and also how Ukraine documents will be handled if tensions keep increasing with Russia.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, Austin&Olga said:

Thanks! I signed up today. Will be asking about what their plans are to manage the delays we have been facing with NOA2 and also how Ukraine documents will be handled if tensions keep increasing with Russia.

Hello.  We are in the same boat, we are also worried about the situation with Ukraine.  I wish us all a speedy approval. Our noa-1 July 2

Timeline
On 1/26/2022 at 5:52 PM, Austin&Olga said:

Will be asking about what their plans are to manage the delays we have been facing with NOA2 and also how Ukraine documents will be handled if tensions keep increasing with Russia.

It's awesome that you signed up! Please share if there's anything they got to say about Ukraine :) Not hoping for any expedites but maybe they'll give us more options than just Warsaw in case Kyiv embassy halts all visa processing. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, chivaschivas said:

It's awesome that you signed up! Please share if there's anything they got to say about Ukraine :) Not hoping for any expedites but maybe they'll give us more options than just Warsaw in case Kyiv embassy halts all visa processing. 

I put in three pre-proposed questions this morning. Basically asking about Ukraine situation, how they are managing delays, and if they think they will be able to speed up timeframe for NOA2 completion or if they think it'll get worse.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Bad news!!

USCIS just updated the K1 processing times AGAIN. Now it's 9-12 months!

1469960084_ScreenShot2022-01-28at1_01_36PM.thumb.png.38cf15b724860f4c156a81705312d642.png

Is there anything we can do about this? Talk to congress people? would that help? 

I feel so helpless here. This is just heartbreaking. So, infuriating that USCIS can just update their processing time when ever they want. This is so unfair. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Vin&Vish said:

Bad news!!

1469960084_ScreenShot2022-01-28at1_01_36PM.thumb.png.38cf15b724860f4c156a81705312d642.png

Is there anything we can do about this? Talk to congress people? would that help? 

I feel so helpless here. This is just heartbreaking. So, infuriating that USCIS can just update their processing time when ever they want. This is so unfair. 

No one cares about us. Some people on the forum tried to expedite their K1 because there’s an imminent threat of war in Ukraine and they refused. Don’t think they would lift a finger for those who are waiting without war threats then.

Meet your partners in the middle if you can because we aren’t getting visas this year.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Those doing things the right way must suffer, meanwhile, the southern border is wide open. Rule followers are feeling the pain, rule breakers are reaping the benefits.

Edited by MarJhi

52 minutes ago, Vin&Vish said:

Bad news!!

USCIS and Jaddou (head of agency) are active on twitter, so one option is to voice your dissatisfaction with the situation there. Other option is to call your Congressman, and if he is a Democrat and standing for reelection to tell them that current handling of Legal migration by this administration is beyond any acceptable level and that you will probably not vote for them if the situation doesnt improve, basically push them to get involved. For republicans, tell same thing, but just that you will vote for them if they get involved :D

Is the wait just as long for the the CR1? Borders finally opened back up, and my fiancé and I are hoping to hear back before I visit in July. If we don't, we are thinking that we might as well just abandon the K1 and get married do the CR1. It would be another year, but at this rate at least he'd be able to have his green card and work sooner 🙃

Edited by rocky95

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey All,

Came across this petition for lowing the ridiculous processing times that we see now. This is our chance to do something other than just waiting. https://chng.it/HKdsv42DWf

Please feel free to share it as much as you can.
P.S. This is not a scam or not asking you to provide any personal info (you can sign the petition anonymously). This is a legit site and I will personally not benefit from this. The only interest I have here is spreading awareness.

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Vin&Vish said:

Hey All,

Came across this petition for lowing the ridiculous processing times that we see now. This is our chance to do something other than just waiting. https://chng.it/HKdsv42DWf

Please feel free to share it as much as you can.
P.S. This is not a scam or not asking you to provide any personal info (you can sign the petition anonymously). This is a legit site and I will personally not benefit from this. The only interest I have here is spreading awareness.

Thanks! I hope this helps

Made by our friend@keickhoff

Advice anyone on how to get this link in front of more people here on visa journey.  There are a lot of frustrated applicants like myself, let’s make some noise.  It is my understanding once we exceed 100 signatures on the petition change.org will help to promote us 

https://www.change.org/steamline-the-visa-process

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 4:21 PM, DSBeijing said:

I developed a software that, downloads USCIS data on large scale and then saves it local Database or exports in excel, it also provides statistics overview for cases and does some basic statistics (calculates processing rate). Since it retains downloaded data, it allows me to filter cases out for later updates, so initially i downloaded 100000 USCIS cases, but then i just filtered out K1 (32000 cases) and I am now tracking only those. 

DSBeijing are you scrapping from Case Status Online page or is there a page where you can check in bulk? Also do you know how to break down the case receipt number (what numbers are you playing around with when you are scraping?) 

I feel like this should be publicly available as opposed to that unreliable estimate they are giving.

Edited by Orest
can't actually build any tool

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.