Sarge2155

June 2021 - AOS Filers

280 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
45 minutes ago, stuckonyou said:

We posted the AOS packet on 6/17 with UPS, and it arrived on 6/21... and today my husband texted me from work saying that the check had been cashed! 😁

I'm still waiting for a text notification, but hopefully it'll come soon and then after that the NOA1.

@stuckonyou Ours arrived on Monday, 6/21 too, so hopefully our checks will be cashed soon!! Eek.

Edited by ays52

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 6/25/2021 at 5:18 AM, ays52 said:

@Socal and Meknes That's great news!! Send positive vibes here too!

Sending positive thoughts to everyone going through this process.  It’s not easy, but I’m thankful for this group as you all make this load I carry much lighter. 

Timeline
Just now, Socal and Meknes said:

Sending positive thoughts to everyone going through this process.  It’s not easy, but I’m thankful for this group as you all make this load I carry much lighter. 

@Socal and Meknes I agree! Thanks to @pooj97, she found a June 2021 AOS Whatsapp group too and it has been very helpful! It's nice to know that so many people are experiencing the same difficulties and anxieties throughout this process.

On 6/14/2021 at 6:02 PM, ays52 said:

Hi all, i'm a U.S. citizen, and USCIS Chicago Lockbox received my husband's Green Card/AOS package on June 2nd. Now we're just waiting to receive the I-797/NOA1. The waiting game begins! 

Hi - Did you receive the NOA1?? Our package reached on 6/22/2021 to trying to estimate when we might get them. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 6/26/2021 at 3:25 PM, ays52 said:

I found this chart on Google which might be helpful! 

Twitter Size (2).png

Is this one really up to date, though?

It just feels a little bit too good to be true to get the EAD and Travel Document that quickly... 😅 The prediction here on Visajourney is that I'll get it around February-March next year... so... 👀😂

On 6/25/2021 at 5:23 PM, ays52 said:

@stuckonyou Ours arrived on Monday, 6/21 too, so hopefully our checks will be cashed soon!! Eek.

Hopefully it's any day now! 😁

Timeline
4 minutes ago, stuckonyou said:

Is this one really up to date, though?

It just feels a little bit too good to be true to get the EAD and Travel Document that quickly... 😅 The prediction here on Visajourney is that I'll get it around February-March next year... so... 👀😂

@stuckonyou It's probably not an updated version because of COVID-19, but it provides a general timeline. Yeah, it predicts that we'll get the EAD in February/March for us too. LOL

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 6/25/2021 at 5:19 PM, Sarge2155 said:

Sometimes the numbers will arrive late at night even midnight or even on a Sunday via text, but you'll get them soon I'm sure. 

I got them yesterday afternoon! 😁

All of the receipt numbers start with MSC this time. What does that mean?

Timeline
58 minutes ago, KN52821 said:

Hi - Did you receive the NOA1?? Our package reached on 6/22/2021 to trying to estimate when we might get them. 

@KN52821 We actually had to refile, so we sent our AOS Package #2 on 6/18,  it was received in 6/21, and now we're waiting for the NOA1s.

Hello everyone,

I'm about to file my AOS, along with EAD and AP.

We got married last Saturday and I'm hyphernating my last name, what do you guys advise for all the forms that ask for my "full legal name"? My passport has obviously still my old name, the only place where my new name is shown is the marriage certificate. It's "first name + old last name - new last name" Which name do I use? Thanks for your help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Verocopter said:

Hello everyone,

I'm about to file my AOS, along with EAD and AP.

We got married last Saturday and I'm hyphernating my last name, what do you guys advise for all the forms that ask for my "full legal name"? My passport has obviously still my old name, the only place where my new name is shown is the marriage certificate. It's "first name + old last name - new last name" Which name do I use? Thanks for your help!

Enter your name as it appears on your passport (That is what all US immigration database have since you came in on K1 with that name) then use additional information page to enter your new legal name from your marriage certificate. That way USCIS can follow up on SAVE with you get your SSN with your new name.

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

1 hour ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Enter your name as it appears on your passport (That is what all US immigration database have since you came in on K1 with that name) then use additional information page to enter your new legal name from your marriage certificate. That way USCIS can follow up on SAVE with you get your SSN with your new name.

That's  not  actually  correct. After you get married and before you file your AOS you fill out all the forms with the name you intend to use as you have the marriage  license to back up the change in name. USCIS will be able to tell because of the marriage license is the authority for your name change. Be sure to do it in the beginning of the AOS. It is important that when you fill out the forms you use the name you intend to use as your legal name as long as that change is backed up with the marriage license.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.