Sarge2155

June 2021 - AOS Filers

280 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Need a little help with this process. Filing I 485 with 765 and 131. First off did anyone get their packet back when they came through border patrol? We didn't and it seems that most things I need are in there. Translated BC to English. This process seems daunting unlike I129 and they want the same stuff practically. Any help would be appreciated. I need to get this going.

On 6/8/2021 at 10:06 PM, pooj97 said:

I'll start the thread off. My fiance (now husband - gotta get used to it lol) arrived on a K1 visa this past Saturday and just got married today! Planning on getting the AOS stuff together tomorrow so that the only thing that's left to include is the marriage certificate so we can send off the file early next week or even Friday! I know we're in for another long, long wait after an already unnecessarily long K1 process but here's to being optimistic and praying for the quickest process!

Hi all - submitted my AOS with FedEx on Friday June 11. It was delivered Wednesday June 16. Tonight I received my text messages with receipt numbers for each form. My check has already been cashed. Took exactly 1 week.

33 minutes ago, NORAD said:

Hi all - submitted my AOS with FedEx on Friday June 11. It was delivered Wednesday June 16. Tonight I received my text messages with receipt numbers for each form. My check has already been cashed. Took exactly 1 week.

Consider yourself lucky  then its taking others several weeks to months to get their numbers. Good deal you were at the right place at the right time!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, aliens4 said:

Woke up today and saw the filling fees pending on our debit card, no texts/NOA yet but it's something. Fingers crossed you hear something soon if you haven't already.

Congratulations on receiving your NOA. You’re right, it is something. Thanks for “fingers crossed.” I think I might need toes too because I haven’t heard anything yet. 😁

13 hours ago, AudiS4 said:

Need a little help with this process. Filing I 485 with 765 and 131. First off did anyone get their packet back when they came through border patrol? We didn't and it seems that most things I need are in there. Translated BC to English. This process seems daunting unlike I129 and they want the same stuff practically. Any help would be appreciated. I need to get this going.

- You are not supposed to get your packet (sealed envelope) back from CBP. This packet is always kept by CBP upon POE to maintain the chain of custody. It contains all of your information from your underlying petition inclusive of the medical exam you would have done. This information went from the embassy > to you > to DHS during your P.O.E > storage. When you file an AOS, these documents will be requisitioned from storage.

- If you look at the very first post of page 1 of this forum, you would see @Sarge2155 posted a very comprehensive guide of what is needed. Follow that and you will be fine.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 6/23/2021 at 2:30 PM, aliens4 said:

Woke up today and saw the filling fees pending on our debit card, no texts/NOA yet but it's something. Fingers crossed you hear something soon if you haven't already.

You must’ve crossed your toes too because we received all three text messages with receipt numbers today at 5:30pm PST.  Woohoo!  Our money orders have not been cashed but it’s ok. Our packets were received. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, Socal and Meknes said:

You must’ve crossed your toes too because we received all three text messages with receipt numbers today at 5:30pm PST.  Woohoo!  Our money orders have not been cashed but it’s ok. Our packets were received. 

@Socal and Meknes That's great news!! Send positive vibes here too!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, pooj97 said:

Sending good vibes to you. I know you’ve been waiting a while for receipt notices

@pooj97 Thank you! 🙏🙏 To be fair, we did refile so it will take longer. As for the Whatsapp group, let me know when you find out! 😁

Edited by ays52

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, ays52 said:

@pooj97 Thank you! 🙏🙏 To be fair, we did refile so it will take longer. As for the Whatsapp group, let me know when you find out! 😁

Found a WhatsApp group for June filers 

https://chat.whatsapp.com/CsklpVjVKkVGUyceTGNk6O

Timeline
3 minutes ago, pooj97 said:

Found a WhatsApp group for June filers 

https://chat.whatsapp.com/CsklpVjVKkVGUyceTGNk6O

@pooj97 you rock!! How did you find it? I just joined the group 😁

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

We posted the AOS packet on 6/17 with UPS, and it arrived on 6/21... and today my husband texted me from work saying that the check had been cashed! 😁

I'm still waiting for a text notification, but hopefully it'll come soon and then after that the NOA1.

40 minutes ago, stuckonyou said:

We posted the AOS packet on 6/17 with UPS, and it arrived on 6/21... and today my husband texted me from work saying that the check had been cashed! 😁

I'm still waiting for a text notification, but hopefully it'll come soon and then after that the NOA1.

Sometimes the numbers will arrive late at night even midnight or even on a Sunday via text, but you'll get them soon I'm sure. 

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.