Sarge2155

June 2021 - AOS Filers

280 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, StarSeed1 said:

Hello Angela, I have heard that he is still legal even though his stamp expires,

as long as his aos is pending it is ok for him to stay in US

Thank you. After some research to ease my concerns, I too gathered the same information. However, how do we prove that we filed AOS without NOA1?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Socal and Meknes said:

Thank you. After some research to ease my concerns, I too gathered the same information. However, how do we prove that we filed AOS without NOA1?

I also wonder the same thing, maybe show proof of the tracking number for the package you sent and whoever is concerned can call the uscis. However, you shouldn't have anybody questioning his legal status either way

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Socal and Meknes said:

We also submitted our AOS packet and it was delivered June 5 to Chicago; however we have yet to receive notification that it was received. I called USCIS and spoke to a rep who said it takes 60 days to receive notification. 

1.  Are other June AOS filers will waiting fir NOA1?

2. My husband’s k1 entry stamp will expire june 25th. What happens now? Feeling nervous. 

Thanks,

Angela

@Socal and Meknes what form of payment did you use? If you used credit card, then make sure that it wasn't declined because that's what happened with us and we had to refile. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, ays52 said:

@Socal and Meknes what form of payment did you use? If you used credit card, then make sure that it wasn't declined because that's what happened with us and we had to refile. 

I purchased money orders from the post office when I sent the package.  I am able to track the MOs.  As of this morning, they have not been cashed. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, StarSeed1 said:

I also wonder the same thing, maybe show proof of the tracking number for the package you sent and whoever is concerned can call the uscis. However, you shouldn't have anybody questioning his legal status either way

I thought about that as well; however, even with tracking, it doesn’t specify what was submitted only location and zip. And in an ideal world, someone questioning would call but I doubt it.  We live in different times now, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they do question nowadays. 

Edited by Socal and Meknes

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Socal and Meknes said:

I purchased money orders from the post office when I sent the package.  I am able to track the MOs.  As of this morning, they have not been cashed. 

@Socal and Meknes June 5th was a Saturday, so today would technically be 2 weeks since they received it if I calculate it from Monday, June 7th. You might get the NOA1 this week. :)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ays52 said:

@Socal and Meknes June 5th was a Saturday, so today would technically be 2 weeks since they received it if I calculate it from Monday, June 7th. You might get the NOA1 this week. :)

May the universe hear your words and deliver 😁😁😁. May we all get our NOAs and be approved quickly.  Ha!! I can dream right?? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Socal and Meknes said:

May the universe hear your words and deliver 😁😁😁. May we all get our NOAs and be approved quickly.  Ha!! I can dream right?? 

@Socal and Meknes Inshallah!! I hope so because we'd like our NOA1 ASAP! 😇

Edited by ays52

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

6/14 - AOS application sent to Chicago lockbox via USPS

6/16 - Application received

6/22 - Check cashed! 

No NOA text messages yet, but we are hopeful! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 6/19/2021 at 9:24 AM, StarSeed1 said:

Hello everyone,

I sent my AOS package on 6/14 and it was delivered on 6/16.

However, I forgot to include my (us citizens) proof of citizenship. We are filing aos based on k1 visa marriage. Am I going to get an RFE? That is the one thing I forgot to include.

Whats done is done....2 things could happen:

1. They officer is having such a good day and he decides to pull the prove of citizenship from your previous file (K1 I assume).

2. The officer is strict and decides you get an RFE

either ways you will have to wait to find out. Meanwhile get his documents ready, you will need it later anyways....goodluck!

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline
1 hour ago, CarissaUSUK said:

6/22 - Check cashed! 

@CarissaUSUK Nice! Our AOS package was received yesterday so hopefully our checks are cashed by next week!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, CarissaUSUK said:

6/22 - Check cashed! 

So quick! Our application was received on the 19th, hopefully checks are cashed this week for us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, CarissaUSUK said:

6/22 - Check cashed! 

My husband received NOA text messages tonight! NOAs and check cashed within 6 days of USCIS receiving his application. Hopefully this means that things are moving along a little faster these days.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, CarissaUSUK said:

My husband received NOA text messages tonight! NOAs and check cashed within 6 days of USCIS receiving his application. Hopefully this means that things are moving along a little faster these days.

@CarissaUSUK WOW!! Now, i'm being cautiously optimistic. That's great news!! Thank you Biden and Harris!! 🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.