Sarge2155

June 2021 - AOS Filers

280 posts in this topic

Another month another round of AOS submissions. Please be aware that this checklist is NOT all inclusive and you must consult the USCIS website to crosscheck this checklist against/with. The AOS process has been confusing since the pandemic hit, not to mention the added politics. So please I want to stress that you only use this check sheet as a starting point and guide if you will. The USCIS site will be the final guide. Please ensure that you check your forms for the correct versions and editions because if you use the wrong forms USCIS will reject your application and send it back to you. This is easily checked on the USCIS website prior to downloading your forms. You should also ONLY download your forms from the USCIS website.  The current and correct fees can also be ascertained from the USCIS website   

AOS Checklist

• Cover Letter listing Table of Contents
  • (Check Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security - $1,225.00) 

Form I-485 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Form G-1145  
  • Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • Copy of NOA2 Approval letter (from K1 process) 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Birth Certificate 
  • translation of birth certificate (if needed)
  • Certified copy of Marriage License 
  • Passport Photos (2) name written on the back 
  • Copy of DS-3025   

Form I-864 (completed and signed by USC) (goes with form I-485)

• Proof of USC's citizenship (copy of birth certificate, copy of passport bio page, or other)
  • 2020 (current tax year), 2019 (optional), and 2018 (optional) Tax Return (with W-2) or Transcripts (transcripts are better if you can get them)
  • Employment Verification letter (updated one - not the one used during K1 process) 
  • Pay stubs (last 3 months)   

Form I-765 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process)
  • Be sure to use the correct filing code of (c)(9) if this code applies to you. The I-765 instructions explains all the codes in detail. If you are filing under a different code (other than (c)(9) the fee for your AOS will not be correct and USCIS will reject your entire packet.

Form I-131 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process    

Be sure to double check for the current fees as fees do sometimes increase and they can change on a dime so please check. Additionally, check the forms as listed above i.e., current version and or edition date, there have been many changes to various forms. Consider sending tax transcripts instead of the 1040, and W2's. Also consider preparing a cover letter for each form in addition to the main cover letter. 

Make sure you send long form birth certificates and not the short form.  Hope this helps in your preparation of your AOS. When in doubt ask questions.

Please consider filing the I-131 and the I-765 even if you don't think you'll need them right now. You never know what changes your life will have on down the road, so I recommend you file these two forms from the start. There is no extra charge to file them with your AOS and it's better to submit them all at once.  There has been much confusion coming out of USCIS, partly due to Covid-19 and partly self-inflicted. This confusion filters on down to the people filing for AOS. The above listing is subject to change at a moment’s notice so please check, recheck and check again BEFORE you send off your packet for any last-minute changes.

Congratulations on a successful submission of your AOS packet!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll start the thread off. My fiance (now husband - gotta get used to it lol) arrived on a K1 visa this past Saturday and just got married today! Planning on getting the AOS stuff together tomorrow so that the only thing that's left to include is the marriage certificate so we can send off the file early next week or even Friday! I know we're in for another long, long wait after an already unnecessarily long K1 process but here's to being optimistic and praying for the quickest process!

Edited by pooj97

Congratulations the earlier the better. Welcome to the thread!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All! We just mailed off AOS paperwork for my husband today! We are hoping for a smooth ride, but at this point are used to playing the waiting game. Happy to be part of this forum. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 6/8/2021 at 11:06 PM, pooj97 said:

I'll start the thread off. My fiance (now husband - gotta get used to it lol) arrived on a K1 visa this past Saturday and just got married today! Planning on getting the AOS stuff together tomorrow so that the only thing that's left to include is the marriage certificate so we can send off the file early next week or even Friday! I know we're in for another long, long wait after an already unnecessarily long K1 process but here's to being optimistic and praying for the quickest process!

Congratulations!

1 hour ago, CarissaUSUK said:

Hi All! We just mailed off AOS paperwork for my husband today! We are hoping for a smooth ride, but at this point are used to playing the waiting game. Happy to be part of this forum. 

Welcome to the thread.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all, i'm a U.S. citizen, and USCIS Chicago Lockbox received my husband's Green Card/AOS package on June 2nd. Now we're just waiting to receive the I-797/NOA1. The waiting game begins! 

Edited by ays52

2 hours ago, ays52 said:

Hi all, i'm a U.S. citizen, and USCIS Chicago Lockbox received my husband's Green Card/AOS package on June 2nd. Now we're just waiting to receive the I-797/NOA1. The waiting game begins! 

Hopefully it will pass quickly or at least you'll be able to handle the wait.  Welcome to the thread.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Hopefully it will pass quickly or at least you'll be able to handle the wait.  Welcome to the thread.

@Sarge2155 We hope so, and thank you for starting this thread. It's nice to know that others are in the same situation as us too.

Edited by ays52

Timeline
51 minutes ago, ays52 said:

@Sarge2155 We hope so, and thank you for starting this thread. It's nice to know that others are in the same situation as us too.

@Sarge2155 I noticed that most of the people (or their spouse) in this thread are adjusting  from K1, but my husband is adjusting from F1, so I hope that I can still participate and follow in this thread. Please let me know!

Edited by ays52

6 hours ago, ays52 said:

@Sarge2155 I noticed that most of the people (or their spouse) in this thread are adjusting  from K1, but my husband is adjusting from F1, so I hope that I can still participate and follow in this thread. Please let me know!

Sure just make sure that your timeline reflects that so folks will know.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/8/2021 at 11:06 PM, pooj97 said:

Sent in our AOS package via USPS priority mail today! Now just to wait for NOA1.. then biometrics.. then the EAD… then the interview .. lol

Timeline

Hi all, USCIS received our AOS package, but unfortunately my husband's bank declined the charges. Do any of you know if we have to resubmit everything again, or just the G-1450? Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.