kryptonite

Concerned about my 1-130 processing

23 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

This is my first time on a forum like this and with so many people on a similar journey like myself, I figured I should make an account hoping some of you can offer some insight/relief.

I was born in Canada and currently living in Canada and my wife is a US Citizen living in the US. We filed our I-130 (US Citizen filing for a spouse) and got our receipt notice on September 30, 2020.

When I use the online case status check, it says "On September 30, 2020, we received your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a receipt notice or acceptance notice. It is being processed at our Nebraska Service Center location." The latest status of the case has been "Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed" since September 30, 2020. I checked the processing time and it says 2-7 months at Nebraska and I can submit a request (as of today) for anything submitted on October 2 2020, or earlier. When I go to submit an e-Request it says that my case is still within the processing time and I'm not sure why.

I know everyone's case is specific and different but, reading a bunch of threads on here, I felt really concerned knowing many of you have gotten at least some updates even if it's not an approval. Somebody mentioned a "Touched" date that you can see when you login to USCIS and mine is still at September 30, 2020.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

You will not receive any updates until there is an RFE issued, a Denial, or an approval.  Patience is the key.  As the late and very distinguished VJ member @geowrian said, "USCIS is like a large grocery store.  Some lines are just slower then others".    Good luck.  Patience is the key.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fyse said:

Hello everyone,

This is my first time on a forum like this and with so many people on a similar journey like myself, I figured I should make an account hoping some of you can offer some insight/relief.

I was born in Canada and currently living in Canada and my wife is a US Citizen living in the US. We filed our I-130 (US Citizen filing for a spouse) and got our receipt notice on September 30, 2020.

When I use the online case status check, it says "On September 30, 2020, we received your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a receipt notice or acceptance notice. It is being processed at our Nebraska Service Center location." The latest status of the case has been "Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed" since September 30, 2020. I checked the processing time and it says 2-7 months at Nebraska and I can submit a request (as of today) for anything submitted on October 2 2020, or earlier. When I go to submit an e-Request it says that my case is still within the processing time and I'm not sure why.

I know everyone's case is specific and different but, reading a bunch of threads on here, I felt really concerned knowing many of you have gotten at least some updates even if it's not an approval. Somebody mentioned a "Touched" date that you can see when you login to USCIS and mine is still at September 30, 2020.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Check with ask Emma, ask for a live agent, and ask where your case is. 99% of people get the same online status message, "It is being processed at our Nebraska location" - and its moved around without notice, so you have to check where it actually is. That's probably why it says its within processing times, because its elsewhere. It won't speed up the times, but it will tell you which center to go off of. 

Edited by Strawberrymermaid

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Fyse   My case is almost identical to yours. The PD for the I-130 is the 16th of September and Iget the same "receipt has been mailed" message. The system allowed me to file a case inquiry a couple weeks ago but the response was that it was within normal processing schedule which it was not for Nebraska.  The return address on the response was from Texas and the case is within TSC time.  So,  you aren't alone.

@Strawberrymermaid Thank you so much for this. I saw the Ask Emma chat option but, I didn't know you could connect to a live agent. You were correct, my case got transferred to Potomac. 

@Skyman Yes, similar boat for sure. This is all very annoying.  

@Lucky Cat Thanks for your response however, being patient just got 100x more difficult. Nebraska's processing time is 2-7 months and Potomac's is 13-16.5.

This entire time I was counting down from 7 months only to find out that I should be counting down from at least 13. I was told by the live agent that it is not necessary for USCIS to notify us for transfers like this or perhaps even other changes. However, I think changes like this are really significant. 7 month waiting time vs 16.5 is a huge difference. 

When I first got my receipt notice, Nebraska was at 7.5-9.5 months and now it's at 2-7. Let's just hope Potomac's goes down as well. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Fyse said:

@Strawberrymermaid Thank you so much for this. I saw the Ask Emma chat option but, I didn't know you could connect to a live agent. You were correct, my case got transferred to Potomac. 

@Lucky Cat Thanks for your response however, being patient just got 100x more difficult. Nebraska's processing time is 2-7 months and Potomac's is 13-16.5.

This entire time I was counting down from 7 months only to find out that I should be counting down from at least 13. I was told by the live agent that it is not necessary for USCIS to notify us for transfers like this or perhaps even other changes. However, I think changes like this are really significant. 7 month waiting time vs 16.5 is a huge difference. 

When I first got my receipt notice, Nebraska was at 7.5-9.5 months and now it's at 2-7. Let's just hope Potomac's goes down as well. 

Sorry this happened :( Hope for good news for you soon. I have seen SOOO MANY people that get Nebraska receipts actually at Potomac. I guess its common/ routine, but it would help if they would notify. 

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

@Strawberrymermaid Thank you, I'm hoping for good news as well! I just spoke to another live agent because I was trying to figure out when the case was transferred and he said the case was never transferred. Apparently it was always at Nebraska. When I explained to him that I got two different stories from the agents and asked him how I know which one's correct he said his was correct "because I just told you". Lol not the nicest people to speak to.

It's crazy how close Canada is to the US and especially me living in a border city - I've crossed to the US hundreds of times however, this has no effect on how they process my case. We're all aliens outside the US lol. 

2 hours ago, Fyse said:

@Strawberrymermaid Thank you, I'm hoping for good news as well! I just spoke to another live agent because I was trying to figure out when the case was transferred and he said the case was never transferred. Apparently it was always at Nebraska. When I explained to him that I got two different stories from the agents and asked him how I know which one's correct he said his was correct "because I just told you". Lol not the nicest people to speak to.

It's crazy how close Canada is to the US and especially me living in a border city - I've crossed to the US hundreds of times however, this has no effect on how they process my case. We're all aliens outside the US lol. 

Omg mine so much like yours i really find that funny. I submitted 17 september. Waited around 7th month thinking im sure today i will hear something cuz it is in Nebraska. I asked Emma live chat. they transfered it to Vermont. (28-26 months wait time btw) Still nothing obsulatly nothing, nothinggg changed. I see right there same date. everyday.... We are tired of being separeted...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hang in there! We originally got Nebraska like most of the online applicants,I've connected with a live agent last week what's up and said it's being reviewed at California but not to worry because the processing times should still be the Nebraska...makes no sense but ok

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Fyse said:

Dont go by the processing times... they really dont mean anything. In the context of the pandemic, I would give them 15 months. 

3 hours ago, roxydye said:

Hang in there! We originally got Nebraska like most of the online applicants,I've connected with a live agent last week what's up and said it's being reviewed at California but not to worry because the processing times should still be the Nebraska...makes no sense but ok

When I spoke to the live agent, I asked that even though the case is at Potomac now, should I still be looking at Nebraska’s processing times. He said I should be looking at Potomac. I’m not sure though. Keep getting different answers. 

15 hours ago, Kader96 said:

Omg mine so much like yours i really find that funny. I submitted 17 september. Waited around 7th month thinking im sure today i will hear something cuz it is in Nebraska. I asked Emma live chat. they transfered it to Vermont. (28-26 months wait time btw) Still nothing obsulatly nothing, nothinggg changed. I see right there same date. everyday.... We are tired of being separeted...

Wow, that is quite similar! I guess I shouldn’t be complaining about my processing time if you’re is taking 26 months. Best of luck, I know it’s hard to be separated!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Everyone is telling me not to freak out because the agent said to go about Nebraska timeline but it seems like that is not the case most of the time,sorry waiting 2 years is ridiculous just for the i130

Screenshot_20210427-155822~2.png

2 minutes ago, roxydye said:

Everyone is telling me not to freak out because the agent said to go about Nebraska timeline but it seems like that is not the case most of the time,sorry waiting 2 years is ridiculous just for the i130

Screenshot_20210427-155822~2.png

I dont think they even know sometimes because they told me waiting time is 28 to 36 months now since my case shows that i am at Vermont. Ridiculuos. But mine also says I am at Nebraska in the website... Who to believe now?  I hope it will be Nebraska time tho

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 4/30/2021 at 10:50 PM, Kader96 said:

The same thing happened to us. In the receipt we received it was Texas Service Centre but according to Emma it is in Potomac now. It is so hard to wait this long I can understand 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thank you for starting this thread. I just found out today the same thing happened to us using "Ask Emma". Our case was initially in Nebraska, and has been transferred to the Texas processing center, increasing our wait time by an additional 4-5 months. We just waited that long to find out it was transferred, and now we have to wait that same amount of time again.

Anyone know the logic behind why the cases are transferred between offices? I am nervous they would decide to transfer it again just because, extending our timeline even further.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.