J&D1008

May 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

855 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Just now, Mbfernandes said:

If this pace is maintained, the 13 months timeline is kept. Which, honestly, is good news, as it's been only increasing since last year. For the first time, since they started to work on April 2021 cases, things have been improving. This Monday they've processed about 220 cases, which was unbelievable. I can only see the waiting times getting shorter if they did that everyday. 

Wow I so hope you’re right! Thank you for your help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 6/8/2022 at 3:56 PM, Melissa12 said:

Yes! Super excited to see. We have the same NOA1 dates so hopefully we see some updates soon :) 

Just saw you got approved today! CONGRATS!!!! Wish you and your partner all the best. We're still waiting ☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Maca&Lloyd said:

Just saw you got approved today! CONGRATS!!!! Wish you and your partner all the best. We're still waiting ☺️

Likewise! Yours should be coming soon 🤞 Now onto the Sydney Consulate which I've not heard great things about

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
Just now, Melissa12 said:

Likewise! Yours should be coming soon 🤞 Now onto the Sydney Consulate which I've not heard great things about

I hope it gets approved soon! Thank you. I'm sure that with a bunch of photos and sharing your future life plans as a couple you'll do great! This is the last effort. Crossing my fingers for you 🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rosalea said:

Oh! Ok jokes that’s way better than what I thought. I guess my core question here is, do you guys thing the wait time will increase? I’m not necessarily hoping it’ll go down, but just that it won’t go up 😅

I think it will. Though we are hitting enough for things to be maintained, I still think itll go to 14/15 months. Not neccisarily because of slowing down, but I don't think they're gonna finish May before July starts, And June before august, etc.

They keep having really low days every now and again, not to mention RFE's take time.

uscis please prove me wrong by doing even better

Edited by MissLadyRea

6 hours ago, MissLadyRea said:

I think it will. Though we are hitting enough for things to be maintained, I still think itll go to 14/15 months. Not neccisarily because of slowing down, but I don't think they're gonna finish May before July starts, And June before august, etc.

Yeah the official timeline is actually up already @Rosalea. They pushed it from 13 months a few weeks ago. It's just hard to notice because the website was also updated haha if you put in your receipt date, the official date you can inquire is now at like 15 months. However, they are working faster than before, so I do think their goal is to get to 13 months (of course their ultimate goal is 6 months but that's going to take some time). Hopefully it will be only 13 months once they get to your month! 

The wait is really tough. I imagine we will forget all of this wait once we are approved and our loved ones are here 😊

9 hours ago, MissLadyRea said:

They keep having really low days every now and again, not to mention RFE's take time.

uscis please prove me wrong by doing even better

Yeah, unfortunately I think the wait time will increase too. USCIS really needs to hit 200+ updates each day to keep up with the backlog. Especially since there seems to be more RFEs lately which USCIS will have to spend time processing. They are still processing a lot of RFEs on March / April months. I expect this to build up and compound for each additional month. For example April has about 630 RFE sent and 180 RFE received currently.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello Everyone, long time no see!

I am a May 2021 filer (05/13/2021) and it seems like we might receive our NOA2 by the end of June/ beginning of July (finally!) so I was wondering if there could be any way to be proactive on the documents required by the USCIS for the K1 appointment such as taking some appointments in advance for medical examination or requesting any papers for the D-Day!

I am a french citizen and I've heard kinda bad things about the US embassy in Paris. I hope i'll be able to take an appointment within few months :( I don't know if they prioritize K1 VISAs but it seems right now that the waiting time is more likely to be 1.5-2 years !

Also, I had another question: I finished my master's degree thesis in England in 2020 (stayed a bit less than 6 months) and I was wondering if I needed to request a Police Report from there since I lived next to London for all this time.

My congratulations to all the recent NOA2, it's been a real journey. But we will all make it one day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, rayanhajjali said:

I am a May 2021 filer (05/13/2021) and it seems like we might receive our NOA2 by the end of June/ beginning of July (finally!) so I was wondering if there could be any way to be proactive on the documents required by the USCIS for the K1 appointment such as taking some appointments in advance for medical examination or requesting any papers for the D-Day!

I am a french citizen and I've heard kinda bad things about the US embassy in Paris. I hope i'll be able to take an appointment within few months :( I don't know if they prioritize K1 VISAs but it seems right now that the waiting time is more likely to be 1.5-2 years !

Also, I had another question: I finished my master's degree thesis in England in 2020 (stayed a bit less than 6 months) and I was wondering if I needed to request a Police Report from there since I lived next to London for all this time.

My congratulations to all the recent NOA2, it's been a real journey. But we will all make it one day!

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

You can apply for it online. It takes more than one month to get it. (it depends on where you live, though. I live in Japan so it took nearly ten days to be delivered.)

I don’t think you need to get a police clearance as you lived there less than six months. 

Edited by Ako & Rich

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
4 hours ago, rayanhajjali said:

Yes you can be proactive with the documents. Join our fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/567322287743630 we have a few guides and documents list

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

May 2024 - EAD - AP Combo Card Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Small update 11 June

7 rfe sent

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

May 2024 - EAD - AP Combo Card Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Etherial said:

Small update 11 June

7 rfe sent

Did they touch only May cases today? 

Thanks for the updates! 

I've been noticing tons of RFEs lately, I wonder what's going on. 

On 6/10/2022 at 6:55 PM, meladee said:

Only about 15% of May 2021 cases have been processed so far, so don't worry too much! :) If you get an RFE (request for evidence) they will update your status to say that they mailed you a request for additional evidence. This letter will explain what you need to send and have a deadline in it.  Once you supply the additional information it will be about 3-4 weeks to get the NOA2.

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.