brandon stone

K1 Visa Milligan v Pompeo Lawsuit

128 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone,

The lawyers responsible for the M v P lawsuit are allowing a third round of plaintiffs to potentially be approved. We’re debating on joining given the cost, but we wanted to ask you all if it may be a good idea to join it. We are applying from Brazil and would like to know if it’s a good idea. Our case is stuck at the NVC.

Thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If money is not an issue then why not?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am sure the Lawyers handling the case can advise on what needs to be done assuming they are successful.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
54 minutes ago, brandon stone said:

Hi everyone,

The lawyers responsible for the M v P lawsuit are allowing a third round of plaintiffs to potentially be approved. We’re debating on joining given the cost, but we wanted to ask you all if it may be a good idea to join it. We are applying from Brazil and would like to know if it’s a good idea. Our case is stuck at the NVC.

Thanks! 

Personally, I would not. Save your money.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Read what the USCIS  site says about the lawsuit

K Visa Processing Update

Last Updated: November 25, 2020

On November 19, 2020, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia enjoined the government from suspending K-1 fiancée visa adjudications for the named plaintiffs in Milligan v. Pompeo due to the regional COVID-related Presidential Proclamations (P.P.s) 9984, 9992, 9993, 9996, and 10041.  These COVID-related regional proclamations suspend entry into the United States of aliens who have been physically present in the People’s Republic of China, Islamic Republic of Iran, Schengen Area, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, or Brazil in the 14-day period prior to their entry or attempted entry into the United States.  K-1 visa applicants who are named plaintiffs in Milligan v. Pompeo and subject to a regional proclamation should contact their nearest Embassy or Consulate for guidance on scheduling a visa interview.  While such applicants may, pursuant to the court order, be scheduled for a visa interview even though they are subject to a COVID-related regional proclamation, the court order does not require that plaintiffs be given special priority ahead of other K visa applicants who have requested interviews or who already have been scheduled for interviews.  Even if issued visas, K-1 plaintiff applicants remain subject to the regional P.P.s and, unless able to meet the criteria for an exception, are barred from entering the United States if they have been present in a country covered by a regional P.P. in the 14 days prior to entry.   

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/k-visa-processing-update.html

Timeline
2 minutes ago, brandon stone said:

Why do you say no?

i also say no as even though the suit was won,  it doesn't hurry up the process especially with embassies still not doing intrerviews 

and the winners are not being put ahead of those already in line waiting as the USCIS site says

he U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Brazil have suspended routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. For information about visa services at U.S. Embassies and Consulates worldwide, please visit usembassy.gov.

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline

1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

Read what the USCIS  site says about the lawsuit

K Visa Processing Update

Last Updated: November 25, 2020

On November 19, 2020, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia enjoined the government from suspending K-1 fiancée visa adjudications for the named plaintiffs in Milligan v. Pompeo due to the regional COVID-related Presidential Proclamations (P.P.s) 9984, 9992, 9993, 9996, and 10041.  These COVID-related regional proclamations suspend entry into the United States of aliens who have been physically present in the People’s Republic of China, Islamic Republic of Iran, Schengen Area, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, or Brazil in the 14-day period prior to their entry or attempted entry into the United States.  K-1 visa applicants who are named plaintiffs in Milligan v. Pompeo and subject to a regional proclamation should contact their nearest Embassy or Consulate for guidance on scheduling a visa interview.  While such applicants may, pursuant to the court order, be scheduled for a visa interview even though they are subject to a COVID-related regional proclamation, the court order does not require that plaintiffs be given special priority ahead of other K visa applicants who have requested interviews or who already have been scheduled for interviews.  Even if issued visas, K-1 plaintiff applicants remain subject to the regional P.P.s and, unless able to meet the criteria for an exception, are barred from entering the United States if they have been present in a country covered by a regional P.P. in the 14 days prior to entry.   

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/k-visa-processing-update.html

This is why ^^^^^

2 minutes ago, brandon stone said:

Why do you say no?

@JeanneAdil gave you the answer. Additionally, it is up to the restrictions in the host country.

If Brazil is still under lockdown, the US Embassy in Brazil is not going to be opened by force because of a ruling in the US. Each country has its own rules and laws.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We joined this third round. I regretted not getting involved with the first one, but I didn't think it would go anywhere. Now that we've seen it successful twice and lots of the early plaintiffs have had their interviews I have high hopes that this will work out.

Timeline
1 hour ago, MarieJames said:

We joined this third round. I regretted not getting involved with the first one, but I didn't think it would go anywhere. Now that we've seen it successful twice and lots of the early plaintiffs have had their interviews I have high hopes that this will work out.

Any stats?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, brandon stone said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks! 

Me and my fiancé joined the second round of plaintiffs, and a few days after the judge approved of the new plaintiffs we got an email from the embassy and now our case is moving again. Just like that.

I'm in Sweden so I can't speak for Brazil and what would be best for you guys. I do know that the lawyers continue to fight for the couples that are still waiting and that they check in with the government lawyer every week as to which cases are still not moving, though. How fast you would be helped by joining the lawsuit I can't answer. If you can find any round one or two plaintiffs from Brazil they might be able to give you a better idea as to how fast your case could potentially start moving after being approved as a plaintiff. Some embassies are faster than others and some have been more cooperative than others.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Timona said:

Any stats?

i haven't seen anyone post that they were in lawsuit and have had an interview here on VJ

Did i miss something?

or were these people already in line for an interview? 

anyone know?

3 minutes ago, stuckonyou said:

Me and my fiancé joined the second round of plaintiffs, and a few days after the judge approved of the new plaintiffs we got an email from the embassy and now our case is moving again. Just like that.

I'm in Sweden so I can't speak for Brazil and what would be best for you guys. I do know that the lawyers continue to fight for the couples that are still waiting and that they check in with the government lawyer every week as to which cases are still not moving, though. How fast you would be helped by joining the lawsuit I can't answer. If you can find any round one or two plaintiffs from Brazil they might be able to give you a better idea as to how fast your case could potentially start moving after being approved as a plaintiff. Some embassies are faster than others and some have been more cooperative than others.

could you please tell me what documents they ask you to make a  lawsuit? should it be a medical documents showing that your petitioner needs you to be there 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.