brandon stone

K1 Visa Milligan v Pompeo Lawsuit

128 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mahta121 said:

thank you but i wish it was longer :(

When we signed up for round two the deadline was December 11th, and now less than two months later there's a new opportunity. So don't lose hope. I believe that as long as this continues and there's a demand for it the lawyers will keep helping new couples, and if not them I'm sure someone else would.

1 minute ago, stuckonyou said:

When we signed up for round two the deadline was December 11th, and now less than two months later there's a new opportunity. So don't lose hope. I believe that as long as this continues and there's a demand for it the lawyers will keep helping new couples, and if not them I'm sure someone else would.

thank you so much. have you been invited for interview? after joining how long does it take to be invited for the interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
7 minutes ago, mahta121 said:

thank you so much. have you been invited for interview? after joining how long does it take to be invited for the interview

I had my interview in March 2020, so I don't need to go there for a new interview. ☺️ But from the day the judge accepted the new couples as plaintiffs the embassy in Sweden sent us an email with instructions (some updated things to send to them by post and to do a new medical) within a couple of days.

It did take a little over a month from when the motion was filed to when the judge approved the new plaintiffs, though, but my guess is that it will be faster this time because the lawyers will only allow couples affected by the travel bans to sign up.

1 minute ago, stuckonyou said:

I had my interview in March 2020, so I don't need to go there for a new interview. ☺️ But from the day the judge accepted the new couples as plaintiffs the embassy in Sweden sent us an email with instructions (some updated things to send to them by post and to do a new medical) within a couple of days.

It did take a little over a month from when the motion was filed to when the judge approved the new plaintiffs, though, but my guess is that it will be faster this time because the lawyers will only allow couples affected by the travel bans to sign up.

great thank you so much for all the information

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, Timona said:

Neither have I. But @MarieJames provided the above link. Will read it later to ascertain validty

That is the site i use to see all the visas issued from all embassies 

and the ones issued can be from  those who have been in long AP and interviewed before the covid crisis and/or the lawsuit

what i have not seen is anyone here on VJ say "we were in the lawsuit and now have had our interview and visa issued "

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
19 minutes ago, stuckonyou said:

I personally think it's worth it, and I'm happy that we joined and that now our case is moving because of it. ☺️

But with that being said it actually is true that they don't put you ahead of non plaintiffs. But as long as the travel ban is still in place that doesn't really matter one way or the other because the non plaintiffs, like you say, aren't getting interviews right now. If that somehow were to change, though, and the travel ban lifts or a change in procedure happens I do not believe a plaintiff that hasn't yet gotten an interview scheduled would be put ahead of a non plaintiff because then they would be processing all cases. Hope that makes sense.

I just wanted to clear up the part about plaintiffs not being put ahead of non plaintiffs. Plaintiffs simply "keep their place in line" among the visa applicants currently getting interviews.

I think we wouldn't be having this discussion If we are exempt or the ban removed. Personally I don't see that happening soon. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

That is the site i use to see all the visas issued from all embassies 

and the ones issued can be from  those who have been in long AP and interviewed before the covid crisis and/or the lawsuit

what i have not seen is anyone here on VJ say "we were in the lawsuit and now have had our interview and visa issued "

There is a big thread about this suit in the sub forum

Something one of the lawyers tweeted confused me. Since when was pre-covid NVC processing time 6 months?! 

Milligan Plaintiffs who are NVC. Pre-COVID, cases routinely took six months for NVC to transfer to post. So, less than that is not an unreasonable delay. Not that you should not file or join because it will eventually get stuck, but we can't complain about delay until it is.”

Timeline
9 minutes ago, StellaGB1 said:

Something one of the lawyers tweeted confused me. Since when was pre-covid NVC processing time 6 months?! 

Milligan Plaintiffs who are NVC. Pre-COVID, cases routinely took six months for NVC to transfer to post. So, less than that is not an unreasonable delay. Not that you should not file or join because it will eventually get stuck, but we can't complain about delay until it is.”

I think they mean cases filed right before the covid lock down 

4 minutes ago, EricLT said:

I think they mean cases filed right before the covid lock down 

But cases filed right before covid would still be stuck at NVC? He’s confusing a lot of other people too. A few replied with “don’t you mean 6 weeks” and he said “no, I mean 6 months”. Also someone else replied that the whole K1 timeline pre-covid was 9ish months so how does 6 months at NVC fit into that? He said anyone saying K1s took 9 months before covid has severely miscalculated. I’ve never heard of a K1 case being at NVC for 6 months pre pandemic, maybe a rare few but that’s definitely not the average. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, StellaGB1 said:

But cases filed right before covid would still be stuck at NVC? He’s confusing a lot of other people too. A few replied with “don’t you mean 6 weeks” and he said “no, I mean 6 months”. Also someone else replied that the whole K1 timeline pre-covid was 9ish months so how does 6 months at NVC fit into that? He said anyone saying K1s took 9 months before covid has severely miscalculated. I’ve never heard of a K1 case being at NVC for 6 months pre pandemic, maybe a rare few but that’s definitely not the average. 

Yeah I hope you didn't hire this lawyer lol it shouldn't take 6 months from NVC to the embassy 

Just now, EricLT said:

Yeah I hope you didn't hire this lawyer lol it shouldn't take 6 months from NVC to the embassy 

No I didn’t lol, I don’t have a lawyer. It’s one of the lawyers involved in the Milligan vs Pompeo lawsuit. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
57 minutes ago, StellaGB1 said:

No I didn’t lol, I don’t have a lawyer. It’s one of the lawyers involved in the Milligan vs Pompeo lawsuit. 

So unless my case has been stuck at NVC for at least 6 months I shouldn't file for the lawsuit? Where did you see this btw?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I had tweeted to the White House press secretary about K1  visas being placed on hold due to the proclamation. I would advise everyone to do their part to call her/tweet her/email her and bring this issue to her attention that there are many us in pain and are waiting.

Below is the transcript of the White House briefing dated Feb. 2nd, 2021 briefly mentioning K1 visas. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/02/02/press-briefing-by-press-secretary-jen-psaki-february-2-2021/

image.png.00d96e7871bb13cbe31903ad84b64269.png

50 minutes ago, Claire6 said:

So unless my case has been stuck at NVC for at least 6 months I shouldn't file for the lawsuit? Where did you see this btw?

No, you can still join the lawsuit. I don’t really know what he’s trying to say to be honest, that’s why it’s so confusing. It’s a tweet from Jeff Joseph 

Edited by StellaGB1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.