Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Papercutter said:

So, I guess by the responses and dates that were emailed, only spousal visas were contacted for February? I'm sitting here at April 9th with no email in sight.

Another month of waiting.

Ya sorry this discussion is focused on IR and CR-1. Not sure what is going on with K-1's

1 hour ago, jstriders said:

I saw post in fbook group that someone's child, who's was DQ'd June 6, received his IL letter today. So, maybe you will hear something shortly. 
I also noticed that applicant with DQ date May 29 DID NOT receive their IL.
I am hoping Montreal will send more emails soon.

Dont they just send emails out once a month? Or are there past instances where they have sent out emails a couple of times in a month?

Timeline
1 hour ago, stephanieingvo123 said:

Hello. I just received my IL. My interview date february 12th.

Has anyone tried to register their interview at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/? For me it is still saying my case is not ready for an appointment.

There’s lag time.  From what I’ve read on here.  I tried as well. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, OhSoFaizy said:

Dont they just send emails out once a month? Or are there past instances where they have sent out emails a couple of times in a month?

Please check the FAQ linked in my signature line

& complete your timeline here: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=358942

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
6 minutes ago, OhSoFaizy said:

Usually once a month, but from what I observed few times pre-COVID, embassy sent whole bunch at once and then on the same or next day few 'chasers' (ex. in 2019 spreadsheet 16-17 in September; 11-12 February).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Papercutter said:

So, I guess by the responses and dates that were emailed, only spousal visas were contacted for February? I'm sitting here at April 9th with no email in sight.

Another month of waiting.

K1 interview dates have not been scheduled since November 16th. They haven’t been processing them for reasons we don’t know even though they said they’ve resumed K1 processing. Also, K1 interviews don’t get sent out only once a month like spousal interviews do. It depends on when your case moves from NVC and when you get P3 and P4.

Edited by pooj97

Timeline

I'm wondering how many interviews they're gonna be able to schedule. Really hope we won't have to wait the end of the year or 2022 to get an interview 😒 (We were DQed on Oct 2nd), can't wait to see the updated spreadsheet 😃

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cath&Claire said:

Got my IL this morning.  
DQ June 1st 

Interview February 22nd - 08:45! 

Yahoooo! 🎉🎉🎉

Yay!! you are right after me! I am at 8:30am! I will see you there :)

1 hour ago, JACHA said:

I too was also confused about this as well. Can anyone confirm that the spouse aka petitioner does not need to attend?

Yes I see that too... my husband's name is in additional applicants... not sure why. I know he doesn't have to come to the interview though since we are going the Consular Processing route. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, A&RN said:

Yay!! you are right after me! I am at 8:30am! I will see you there :)

Yes I see that too... my husband's name is in additional applicants... not sure why. I know he doesn't have to come to the interview though since we are going the Consular Processing route. 

My daughter is in mine and she is definitely not immigrating with me. I am not sure why some people are there but it clearly states in the letter that they need to come only if they are interviewing and immigrating. In answer to some people asking about spouse being there, no your spouse won't be interviewed, and they won't even let them in the building.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, pooj97 said:

K1 interview dates have not been scheduled since November 16th. They haven’t been processing them for reasons we don’t know even though they said they’ve resumed K1 processing. Also, K1 interviews don’t get sent out only once a month like spousal interviews do. It depends on when your case moves from NVC and when you get P3 and P4.

Ah, good to know. I thought it was the same time.

Timeline

Quick question for everyone: 

How long is the police record valid for - I'm assuming 1 year? I tried contacting the place I did it at and they are unavailable. 

I just have to make sure my POE is prior to police, medical expiring so want to ensure I plan myself enough time from my ID. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, fxch3 said:

Quick question for everyone: 

How long is the police record valid for - I'm assuming 1 year? I tried contacting the place I did it at and they are unavailable. 

I just have to make sure my POE is prior to police, medical expiring so want to ensure I plan myself enough time from my ID. 

You need to have a valid CRC for your interview (within the 1 year expiry yes). Your visa expiration date is based off medical expiration date. CRC not involved after you have had successful interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.