Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, NimF said:

Looking for advice - it has been said in the past that uploading your documents to CEAC prior to the interview date can sometimes help expedite/ease the interview itself once you're at the consulate. Does anybody recommend uploading the documents they specifically require (e.g. tax transcripts) or ALL extra financial documents to be thorough? in our case my wife (petitioner) and I are using a joint sponsor, and in case our interview will be after the 2020 tax deadline it will also include an I-864A since our joint sponsor got married in 2020. Do we upload just the tax transcripts or should we also upload 1040, W2's, pay stubs, etc. whatever we can to establish financial support?

I had this same thought and decided two days before to upload EVERYTHING. Now I can't say whether it helped or not because I only had one interview, however, make their lives easy and they will make yours easy too I think. Glad I uploaded, the officer even commented on how organized, which i assume was appreciated. 

Edited by Coco Beau

I was never given a welcome to the USA package after my interview, however, I was approved and my passport is to be delivered tomorrow. Is there anything in the welcome letter that is important for me to know? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, BunyanP said:

There seems to be a little disparity with financial documents given or asked. 

I do not have tax transcripts for my wife nor my co-sponsor. The people handing the transcripts, were they uploaded to nvc prior to getting approved?

we have 1040s and w2s which had been approved at NVC

Interview is Friday Andover course I’m running though every scenario possible. 

getting transcripts is not possible for my wife (Canadian address prior, and IRS still hadn’t processed 2020). Seems little late to try and get my co-sponsors (MIl). 

thanks. 

As long as you have the 1040 and w2s or whatever other supporting documents were required, you should be fine. The person interviewing me said they were well aware that the IRS has a crazy backlog and many people haven't been able to get their 2019 tax transcript, let alone 2020. I had submitted 3 years of transcripts when we were at the initial NVC stage because he's self-employed, so that's the general recommendation there, but I was worried about not having a w2. The 1040 and supporting docs were accepted at the interview without issue. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Coco Beau said:

I was never given a welcome to the USA package after my interview, however, I was approved and my passport is to be delivered tomorrow. Is there anything in the welcome letter that is important for me to know? 

I got a Welcome to the USA paper at the interview and the exact same paper arrived with my passport return as well. You'll likely get it in the mail with your passport too. 

9 minutes ago, Ptitchou said:

I got a Welcome to the USA paper at the interview and the exact same paper arrived with my passport return as well. You'll likely get it in the mail with your passport too. 

Perfect, thank you 

11 hours ago, Coco Beau said:

I had this same thought and decided two days before to upload EVERYTHING. Now I can't say whether it helped or not because I only had one interview, however, make their lives easy and they will make yours easy too I think. Glad I uploaded, the officer even commented on how organized, which i assume was appreciated. 

Did u upload it under additional documents??

5 hours ago, Adaab said:

Did u upload it under additional documents??

I can’t recall what the header was but I uploaded it in the same spot as all of my other documents. There was a drop down menu for titles once I clicked to add one, some I had to put as “other”.  I also had a joint sponsor just incase, the spouse as well of the joint sponsor. I uploaded full tax returns back to 2017 because my husband is an entrepreneur and pay stubs weren’t available nor was his 2020 return. I uploaded a lot. Bank statements, financial portfolios (for him and joint sponsor), w2s, business tax returns, house deed, I probably went overboard but I didn’t want to not have something the asked for. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Coco Beau said:

Hey all,

Just wanted to update.

Interview : Feb 12 - approved

Issued: Feb 16 - in final processing

Notice from Purolator — Feb 19

Passport in hand (rural southern Alberta) - Feb 23 

good luck to you all!!

With my interview next week I hope I have similar luck when my passport comes back to me in southern Alberta as well.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Balpreet said:

Hello everyone. Hope all are in good health . I want to ask my canada pcc is expiring as well as my indian pcc also. Do i need to provide existing country updated pcc at interview or updated pcc from all the countries i visited. Thanks in advance

I can't speak to the foreign PC for certain but you definitely do need to have a valid Canadian PC for the interview. I've read on other forums that the foreign PC expiration can be a tricky one... i.e. some officers will accept the expired one if you have not been back to the country since the time you obtained your original PC, whereas others will not. In my experience, it's better to have all of the updated/valid documents and not need them, than to not have them in case they are asked for.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Balpreet said:

Hello everyone. Hope all are in good health . I want to ask my canada pcc is expiring as well as my indian pcc also. Do i need to provide existing country updated pcc at interview or updated pcc from all the countries i visited. Thanks in advance

For Canada yes. They are only valid for 1yr. 

If you have not traveled to India since the last pcc issuance date then you don’t need it. Expired one is ok. 

22 minutes ago, Jay&Sid said:

For Canada yes. They are only valid for 1yr. 

If you have not traveled to India since the last pcc issuance date then you don’t need it. Expired one is ok. 

Thanks but i travelled to india for one month so do i need that too

54 minutes ago, sjb17 said:

@Balpreet since you're new to the group, you may find this FAQ helpful: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Thanks

57 minutes ago, sjb17 said:

I can't speak to the foreign PC for certain but you definitely do need to have a valid Canadian PC for the interview. I've read on other forums that the foreign PC expiration can be a tricky one... i.e. some officers will accept the expired one if you have not been back to the country since the time you obtained your original PC, whereas others will not. In my experience, it's better to have all of the updated/valid documents and not need them, than to not have them in case they are asked for.

Thanks alot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.