TBoneTX

February 2020 AOS Filers (Part 2)

221 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had our AOS interview in Nashville today. We arrived about 20 minutes early for interview and was able to go right inside. We went through security and the officer sent us right to window #1. The lady ask for the interview notice and for our ID's and once she verified our ID's she gave us a number and ask us to have a seat. in about 10 minutes our number was called and the officer met us at the door, introduced herself and guided us to a room where an Ipad was set up and she said this was going to be a "Virtual" interview! She went into another room and soon appeared on screen on the Ipad set up in front of us. She ask a few questions about our relationship and ask my wife every  question  on the back of the I-485 form (all NO answers). The officer was very nice and made us feel comfortable. She told us that she didn't need ANY of the documents/Evidence nor pictures that our Interview letter stated that we bring other than our ID's and my wife's passport, EAD, SS#, Drivers license. The officer informed us that the green card would be a 2 year card since we have not been married 2 years yet. She informed us that all the documentation that we brought (bank statements, pictures, shared accounts etc..) with us wasn't important at this point but would be in 2 years when we come back.  I said "So you are telling us that you need absolutely Nothing that we brought with us today?" She said no and then told us to start saving all the same things that we brought with us with dates starting AFTER today! I told her to at least take a look at our pictures and she seemed to enjoy looking and commenting on our album and even made suggestions on some pictures that we should have enlarged and displayed in our home....lol All in all the interview went very smoothly and took about 10 minutes total. Green card approved and should receive it in about 5-10 days.:dance::dancing: I must say this entire interview could and should have been done from the comforts and Safety of our computer room/office! We do have Ipads.......LOL:rofl:

20 hours ago, morry & ren said:

We had our AOS interview in Nashville today. We arrived about 20 minutes early for interview and was able to go right inside. We went through security and the officer sent us right to window #1. The lady ask for the interview notice and for our ID's and once she verified our ID's she gave us a number and ask us to have a seat. in about 10 minutes our number was called and the officer met us at the door, introduced herself and guided us to a room where an Ipad was set up and she said this was going to be a "Virtual" interview! She went into another room and soon appeared on screen on the Ipad set up in front of us. She ask a few questions about our relationship and ask my wife every  question  on the back of the I-485 form (all NO answers). The officer was very nice and made us feel comfortable. She told us that she didn't need ANY of the documents/Evidence nor pictures that our Interview letter stated that we bring other than our ID's and my wife's passport, EAD, SS#, Drivers license. The officer informed us that the green card would be a 2 year card since we have not been married 2 years yet. She informed us that all the documentation that we brought (bank statements, pictures, shared accounts etc..) with us wasn't important at this point but would be in 2 years when we come back.  I said "So you are telling us that you need absolutely Nothing that we brought with us today?" She said no and then told us to start saving all the same things that we brought with us with dates starting AFTER today! I told her to at least take a look at our pictures and she seemed to enjoy looking and commenting on our album and even made suggestions on some pictures that we should have enlarged and displayed in our home....lol All in all the interview went very smoothly and took about 10 minutes total. Green card approved and should receive it in about 5-10 days.:dance::dancing: I must say this entire interview could and should have been done from the comforts and Safety of our computer room/office! We do have Ipads.......LOL:rofl:

Lol the last part! 🤣 I agree though. Congratulations on your approval! 

On 12/17/2020 at 12:25 PM, INNSU09 said:

happy for those who have moved on!

it’s been 100 days since mine changed to “ready for interview” and it just went silent after that 😂

E3219CFE-B2E0-420F-A6AB-152865768427.jpeg

On 12/17/2020 at 12:57 PM, beefmaster2 said:

200 days on the same status here!

Haha, I'm in the same boat as you guys -- biometrics completed in October, no EAD/AP approval, case ready to be scheduled for interview for almost 60 days.. seems like USCIS has a case of the holidays ;) 

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

@Cornflake

Congrats! We just got the notification too!

And in Los Angeles as well. Seems like they finally woke back up!

Very happy Christmas indeed.

Edited by BWJ

Hi, I did biometrics on October 20, and just received another biometrics appointment on January 20, 2021. No update, still "Case was received". 

What a fun process. Especially that on October 20, I had an appointment at 8 am, but get out almost at 10:30 am, I arrived 25 minutes sooner than 8 am, and there was a line of 30 people outside, they made us spend 3 hours outside in a freaking cold.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@morry & ren

@Bluewaters

@lcandcl

Thank you all so much for sharing a detailed account of the interview I have screnshotted it remember whenever that faithful day comes for my husband and I.

@igoyougoduke I am planning on filing for the renewal on Jan 4th vis UPS or FedEx. Our expiration date is July 2nd.

@Gigi2017 I am in Somerton/ San Luis, AZ area. We have a different field office though. My field office would be Imperial, CA instead of Phoenix, AZ. Historically I believe Phoenix was processing them quickly at first, not sure about now. As for my husband and I, we filed Feb 11th 2020. Since April 16th we have had the "waiting to be scheduled for interview status" and still have not been scheduled. I think many more February filers are still waiting.

Edited by Cyndy&Onyi

133 days later, case status is still “ready to be scheduled for an interview”. I don’t even compare timelines and complain anymore, such a great achievement lol. 

Hope everyone is doing well. Happy Holidays and stay safe! ☺️

13 hours ago, chxakx said:

133 days later, case status is still “ready to be scheduled for an interview”. I don’t even compare timelines and complain anymore, such a great achievement lol. 

Hope everyone is doing well. Happy Holidays and stay safe! ☺️

200+ days later here. Processing times have got out of control.

49 minutes ago, beefmaster2 said:

200+ days later here. Processing times have got out of control.

Hoping we’ll get updates soon! You’ve been waiting longer than I have. I’ve seen April-June filers getting their interview, I know it also depends on the field office. But at this point, I’m just going to wait. No choice anyway 😅

On 12/23/2020 at 4:28 PM, BWJ said:

@Cornflake

Congrats! We just got the notification too!

And in Los Angeles as well. Seems like they finally woke back up!

Very happy Christmas indeed.

Did you get the mail? 📬

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Claudia and I had our interview on December 23rd.  It went fairly smooth, other than the phone connection with the translator, and then a billing issue w/ the translator company.

The officer asked most of the questions from the I-485 form and asked to see bank statements, insurance cards, and any other info that show "cohabitation."

We received approval 2 hours later, and Claudia's 2 year green card was shipped yesterday.  It should arrive early this week.

Now, here's the dumb question:  What's next? 

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.