TBoneTX

February 2020 AOS Filers (Part 2)

221 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Why should something like that be needed? You basically sent the same stuff as for the initial application plus a copy of your card, of the approval notice and of the acceptance notice for I-485.

Some applicants sent in pay-stubs and a letter of employment for expedited approval. This is my first time filing for a renewal I'm not well-versed in this which is why I asked for clarification. Thanks however.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

Some applicants sent in pay-stubs and a letter of employment for expedited approval. This is my first time filing for a renewal I'm not well-versed in this which is why I asked for clarification. Thanks however.

Expedite is way different from renewal. You mix up the terms. There's no need for an expedite for a renewal. You can apply 180 days before the end of your card and get an automatic 180 day extension starting the day after your card runs out. That makes 360 days for USCIS to process. Way enough for EAD renewal.

You would also have to ask for an expedite after you sent your initial application. It's a different process. 

Edited by Letspaintcookies

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Expedite is way different from renewal. You mix up the terms. There's no need for an expedite for a renewal. You can apply 180 days before the end of your card and get an automatic 180 day extension starting the day after your card runs out. That makes 360 days for USCIS to process. Way enough for EAD renewal.

You would also have to ask for an expedite after you sent your initial application. It's a different process. 

Ok

10 hours ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

Thanks this was incredibly helpful I think I want to print this page off and send it with my packet! I'm having trouble understanding "payment  of the appropriate form fee" is that the prior credit card auth form that they're wanting?

Good morning! From what I read, it refers to if you paid the I-485 fee for when you applied. It’s the $1225 fee when we apply for AOS after K1 ☺️

On 1/3/2021 at 8:32 PM, Ryan G said:

Happy new year everyone just checking back in here with my fellow February applicants. I have been waiting to schedule our interview since Apr 13th. Lets hope that year 2021 brings some good fortune to us and we can obtain our Green Cards and a vaccine shot so we might be able to begin to live a normal life soon 🙂.

Same here for my mother! Happy New Year!!!

Does anyone else have this problem: Ever since I did my biometics back in August my status for 485 has been "Update to show fingerprints were taken", never changed to "ready to schedule interview" like many others who did biometics around the same time.

Anyone else in this boat? It's been 137 days since biometrics taken and still on that same status.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, bodgie19 said:

Does anyone else have this problem: Ever since I did my biometics back in August my status for 485 has been "Update to show fingerprints were taken", never changed to "ready to schedule interview" like many others who did biometics around the same time.

Anyone else in this boat? It's been 137 days since biometrics taken and still on that same status.

Same here ! ... also did biometrics on aug it has the same status  nothing has changed 

Hi guys!!

It's been a while since I posted last -- I hope everyone is doing well :) I see that there are a few of us here who still have not received an EAD/AP approval; I am in the same boat. I have a nagging suspicion that UCSIS has quietly decided that those of us who filed in early 2020 will just have to wait until our interviews to receive work authorization, given that our interviews should (hopefully!) be within the next few months. Maybe they've decided that the resources required to review applications and produce EADs for us to use for a few months prior to interviews isn't worth it compared to adjudicating those who have months and months to wait still? Not sure, but like I said, this is my suspicion.

Today I submitted another outside of processing times inquiry and contacted my congressperson, as my current EAD (from OPT) will be expiring in February and my husband and I can't afford to lose both my income and our health insurance, which is provided through my job. We'll see how this goes!!

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We got notification on Dec 23 that an interview had been scheduled, but a notice never came in the mail with more details.

We've requested to have the document resent and it said "we can expect a response by Feb 4." Which seems like a long way away. I've seen others getting their inteviews scheduled within 2-3 weeks of receiving the notice—so we're worried we might miss the interview date.

I don't understand why it's taking so long and why it can't tell us in the myUSCIS the details of the interview. We also haven't been able to get anyone one the phone who can help us.

Edited by BWJ

11 hours ago, BWJ said:

We got notification on Dec 23 that an interview had been scheduled, but a notice never came in the mail with more details.

We've requested to have the document resent and it said "we can expect a response by Feb 4." Which seems like a long way away. I've seen others getting their inteviews scheduled within 2-3 weeks of receiving the notice—so we're worried we might miss the interview date.

I don't understand why it's taking so long and why it can't tell us in the myUSCIS the details of the interview. We also haven't been able to get anyone one the phone who can help us.

You better call again and try to find out what's the date of your interview ASAP. I got a notification on Dec 23, LA office as well, and I already received the notice in the mail like a week ago. Also, the most important fact is our interview scheduled for Feb 1, so if yours scheduled around the same date and if you wait till Feb 4 it could be too late.

Best for luck! Call again, until they tell you the date or resend the notice.

Ahh so many interviews!! Congratulations everybody :)  ❤️

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 hours ago, Cornflake said:

You better call again and try to find out what's the date of your interview ASAP. I got a notification on Dec 23, LA office as well, and I already received the notice in the mail like a week ago. Also, the most important fact is our interview scheduled for Feb 1, so if yours scheduled around the same date and if you wait till Feb 4 it could be too late.

Best for luck! Call again, until they tell you the date or resend the notice.

Thanks alot. I remember you mentioning your interview date which is what got us worried. We keep calling but can't get beyond the automated system which just keeps repeating that "an interview has been scheduled."

Is there a number to reach a live person? The one off the USCIS website isn't working.

5 hours ago, BWJ said:

Thanks alot. I remember you mentioning your interview date which is what got us worried. We keep calling but can't get beyond the automated system which just keeps repeating that "an interview has been scheduled."

Is there a number to reach a live person? The one off the USCIS website isn't working.

When you call USCIS you have to ask for a Tier2 representative. They'll call you back in a few hours because they are usually busy. You have to be very serious with the Tier1 person who usually picks up first the phone because Tier1 don't like to transfer the call to Tier2. Tell them it's urgent!

9 hours ago, BWJ said:

I did this in November and it worked so hopefully it still works  2152836A-BDF7-4518-B85A-58E3FE4579D3.thumb.png.2739471847a2326397bef179719cc9db.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.