TBoneTX

February 2020 AOS Filers (Part 2)

221 posts in this topic

We got the update today that our green card was approved! After a month and a half after RFE at the interview we are so so so happy!!!!! Thank you to everyone on this forum for all the tips, advice, and support through this journey. 

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

We had the interview July 26 but then got a letter in the mail for a rfe for a document that was missing. We sent it in right away and was received aug 2. Does anyone know how long we need to wait for an answer? My husband needs to leave the country to visit family is there anything he can do to still travel ? 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Something definitely must be wrong with our case. 

The status of our AOS is still "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" and we filed in February of 2020. 

It's crazy, really. My wife's worker authorization which was approved will expire in November. We didn't mean to not check the status, ever. In fact, I would still check the status once a week and it just said the fingerprint status. And we figured like most things that there were delays being caused by COVID and other craziness. 

And now that my wife has a job, she's worried her right to work will expire before we've even had our interview. I submitted a formal inquiry and it said I can expect a reply by October 19th. LOL Thanks USCIS. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 9/27/2021 at 11:05 AM, Elif_and_Greg said:

Something definitely must be wrong with our case. 

The status of our AOS is still "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" and we filed in February of 2020. 

It's crazy, really. My wife's worker authorization which was approved will expire in November. We didn't mean to not check the status, ever. In fact, I would still check the status once a week and it just said the fingerprint status. And we figured like most things that there were delays being caused by COVID and other craziness. 

And now that my wife has a job, she's worried her right to work will expire before we've even had our interview. I submitted a formal inquiry and it said I can expect a reply by October 19th. LOL Thanks USCIS. 

I know exactly where you are at , i filed in feb 2020 same thing message never changed from fingeprints taken, i have done 3 inquirys they kept giving me a date for a response and nothing , our lawyer is looking into sending an ombudsman since no response has been given, EAD already expire we did filed for renewal but we havent received it yet . 

If shes pending her renewal EAD when you receive a the notice of renewal that counts sort of like an extension while she gets her EAD again.  

3 hours ago, Jenn90 said:

I know exactly where you are at , i filed in feb 2020 same thing message never changed from fingeprints taken, i have done 3 inquirys they kept giving me a date for a response and nothing , our lawyer is looking into sending an ombudsman since no response has been given, EAD already expire we did filed for renewal but we havent received it yet . 

If shes pending her renewal EAD when you receive a the notice of renewal that counts sort of like an extension while she gets her EAD again.  

Facing the same issue. Case is stuck at this status since November 2020. I think it’s something related to background check. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Jenn90 said:

I feel bad to say that makes me feel better. But by that I just mean I'm glad I'm not alone in this. Hadn't thought to file the extension for an EAD or that I could, really. Just never expected the interview to take longer than the expiration date of the EAD.

3 hours ago, Elif_and_Greg said:

I feel bad to say that makes me feel better. But by that I just mean I'm glad I'm not alone in this. Hadn't thought to file the extension for an EAD or that I could, really. Just never expected the interview to take longer than the expiration date of the EAD.

Yeah, u r not alone. I am pretty sure that u wouldn’t have to apply for another renewal 😂 as we will get 2 year EAD

Timeline
On 10/5/2021 at 8:02 PM, Elif_and_Greg said:

yeah i know we ended up filing 2 months before the date for the renewal , and then we got the notice of action before the expiration date and it says there on the letter it can be used as an extension to show with your old EAD while we wait. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 10/7/2021 at 8:49 AM, Jenn90 said:

yeah i know we ended up filing 2 months before the date for the renewal , and then we got the notice of action before the expiration date and it says there on the letter it can be used as an extension to show with your old EAD while we wait. 

I have that notice that came with the EAD

But my wife's EAD is about to expire all the same and we don't have our interview yet. 

I submitted an official case inquiry and it said we'd have a reply by October 19th. 

So do we just have to file another I-765 as if we're doing it the first time. The "Renewal" options...none of those options seemed to apply to us.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

yes we filed the i765 again and we just put there that we are still under processing and then they send you the extension letter while you wait for the new to be approved and sent, we still have not received it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, 

Are any of you Feb 2020 filers from New York still waiting for an interview to be scheduled?

I have been scheduled for an interview since May 2020. Getting really desperate, I am seeing people from 2021 getting approved everyday

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.