TBoneTX

February 2020 AOS Filers (Part 2)

221 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
13 hours ago, chxakx said:

I did this in November and it worked so hopefully it still works  2152836A-BDF7-4518-B85A-58E3FE4579D3.thumb.png.2739471847a2326397bef179719cc9db.png

They must have fixed this bug. Now when pressing 9 the second time she says "if you continue to press buttons, I will end the call." I keep getting told to go online and fill out a document request form.

Timeline

Update: The trick i used to immediately get through to a real representative was to say "technical problem" when asked what I needed help with. And repeated the same when asked a second time. The previous "press 9, press 0, press 9" trick no longer seems to work.

Once we got through, while on the phone with the representative, USCIS Case Tracker app updated to say the "Interview Cancelled And Notice Ordered..." So the woman couldn't even tell us when our interview was scheduled, but apparently it's now been cancelled anyway.

I assume they are cancelling over COVID? The representative couldn't tell us why. Frustrating.

IMG_4841.jpg

2 hours ago, BWJ said:

Update: The trick i used to immediately get through to a real representative was to say "technical problem" when asked what I needed help with. And repeated the same when asked a second time. The previous "press 9, press 0, press 9" trick no longer seems to work.

Once we got through, while on the phone with the representative, USCIS Case Tracker app updated to say the "Interview Cancelled And Notice Ordered..." So the woman couldn't even tell us when our interview was scheduled, but apparently it's now been cancelled anyway.

I assume they are cancelling over COVID? The representative couldn't tell us why. Frustrating.

IMG_4841.jpg

😱 OMG! It's not getting better. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, BWJ said:

They must have fixed this bug. Now when pressing 9 the second time she says "if you continue to press buttons, I will end the call." I keep getting told to go online and fill out a document request form.

That's kinda passive aggressive from the computer 😉😂

So looks like my third attempt to do biometrics fail again. The original biometrics appointment was in March 2020 and was canceled because of covid. Second in October 2020, and fingerprints were badly taken and then scheduled new one in January, and right now it canceled again because they will be closed 19-20 January. 
What an epic organization and excellent work. We are going to try to contact a senator office and congressman, wish us a good luck. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi all, 

April filer here! Has anyone gotten their interview scheduled without ever having the "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" status? Our case has been stuck on "fingerprints were taken" since August. I'm a little worried that our case fell under someone's desk or something but I see others in similar circumstances on the case tracking app so I'm wondering if they don't always update that status? Thanks!

16 hours ago, eabrophy said:

Hi all, 

April filer here! Has anyone gotten their interview scheduled without ever having the "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" status? Our case has been stuck on "fingerprints were taken" since August. I'm a little worried that our case fell under someone's desk or something but I see others in similar circumstances on the case tracking app so I'm wondering if they don't always update that status? Thanks!

Whenever you did fingerprints, did they do all ten fingers? See my post here: 

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
9 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Whenever you did fingerprints, did they do all ten fingers? See my post here: 

We had a Code 3 letter and my husband did all 10 fingers. It does say that the fingerprints were applied to our case, just radio silence after that.

On 1/16/2021 at 5:18 PM, eabrophy said:

Hi all, 

we are in the same boat, since august too. but to give you some assurance on the case tracker app (i discovered this new) you can search any 1-500 cases before or after yours. and most of the people before our MSC receipt number for i-485 still have that same update. so the answer at to why? i have no idea why it hasnt switch. but is there a ton of people in with the similar status since august, sept, oct, etc...yes many many.

Timeline

Another update. 

After never receiving our interview date in the mail after one was issued on Dec 23, having our status updated to "interview cancelled and notice ordered" last week. We've now been updated again to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview", which is where we had previously been waiting since April 20th.

It's never ending.

IMG_5043.jpg

Edited by BWJ

Timeline

So after having an interview scheduled and never receiving a notice in the mail, then having the interview canceled, we now just got another update that's got me freaked out for the first time in in this long frustrating process.

We moved Dec 10th. I set up mail forwarding with the USPS and we changed our address with USCIS as well. We got our next update about having an interview scheduled on Dec 23rd. Since then we keep getting updates online but no real details. When we called USCIS last week, they said a notification would be mailed out—but it seems like it was returned to them.

The line, "This could have a serious effect on your case" is not something anyone wants to see.

IMG_5127.jpg

2 hours ago, BWJ said:

So after having an interview scheduled and never receiving a notice in the mail, then having the interview canceled, we now just got another update that's got me freaked out for the first time in in this long frustrating process.

We moved Dec 10th. I set up mail forwarding with the USPS and we changed our address with USCIS as well. We got our next update about having an interview scheduled on Dec 23rd. Since then we keep getting updates online but no real details. When we called USCIS last week, they said a notification would be mailed out—but it seems like it was returned to them.

The line, "This could have a serious effect on your case" is not something anyone wants to see.

IMG_5127.jpg

I would say call and try to speak to a Tier 2 agent.

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

event.png

5 hours ago, BWJ said:

IMG_5127.jpg

I've heard that USPS doesn't forward mails from USCIS. Maybe that's the reason. Did you get a mail from USCIS that your address had been changed? Maybe they still have your old address on file. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey all! I just sent out my WORK AUTHORIZATION EAD RENEWAL FORM. It was delivered to USCIS on Friday 1/22/21 at this address with UPS.

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

We ALSO filled out a G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance Form but still no word yet. I know it's only been 3 business days but when we sent in our AOS last year it only took them 3 days to notify us that they got it. Just wondering if anyone else experienced similar circumstances.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.