nadakhan

b1/b2 visa holder with single entry got a job in states

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hello everyone,

i am a pakistani girl from dubai got a single entry visa b1/b2 for united states and i got entered on 29 july. my visa expired on 31 August but the entry stamp is valid till 28 of januaury. i want to stay here for good. i have some options in mind like should i apply for extension. i am getting a job opportunity here so i can ask them

to file my visa but its a normal shop nothing related to my qualification. assylum i have a doubt. i am single woman and i doesnt know anyone here. please help me with advise or refer to any lawyer if possible

“A normal shop” job will not qualify for a work visa. 

If you were given a single entry and you clearly want to stay, it is very highly likely any extension will be denied. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Immigration does not work like that. There are few paths to immigrate and from what you said I don’t see a path for you unfortunately . You can’t legally work on a b1/b2 so I wouldn’t take the job opportunity..

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

51 minutes ago, nadakhan said:

i am a pakistani girl from dubai got a single entry visa b1/b2 for united states and i got entered on 29 july. my visa expired on 31 August but the entry stamp is valid till 28 of januaury. i want to stay here for good. i have some options in mind like should i apply for extension. i am getting a job opportunity here so i can ask them

to file my visa but its a normal shop nothing related to my qualification. assylum i have a doubt. i am single woman and i doesnt know anyone here. please help me with advise or refer to any lawyer if possible

If that normal shop that offered you a job doesn't already have an immigration lawyer on retainer, I seriously doubt they qualify to sponsor you for a work visa.  You didn't mention anything about being persecuted or in danger if you return home, so seeking asylum is probably a no-go.  It seems like the only legal option for you right now is to book a flight back to Dubai and return before your I-94 expires.

Timeline

thats the problem.. i dont have any choice to live in this country no matter i really wants to... i am not looking for a passport or permenant residency.. it just i wanted to stay here for some more time and discover all 50 states. as i am a travel blogger and have been to 34 countries so far

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
53 minutes ago, nadakhan said:

thats the problem.. i dont have any choice to live in this country no matter i really wants to... i am not looking for a passport or permenant residency.. it just i wanted to stay here for some more time and discover all 50 states. as i am a travel blogger and have been to 34 countries so far

What you're saying doesn't make any sense.

You also mentioned a job opportunity at a regular shop.  Why ask about this if you are a travel blogger?  

You also mentioned asylum.  Why ask about asylum when you are a travel blogger and have no interest in living here in the US?  That definitely doesn't make sense

There is absolutely no way for you to live or work in the US on a tourist visa.  

You could file for a visa extension.  You will need to show why you need more time for tourism in the US.  No one can tell you if you will get approved or denied.  The answer will not come until many months after your I-94 expires.  If it is denied, you are unlikely to ever get another tourist visa.

The best way for you to get more time in the US is to abide by your admission to the US.  Leave before your I-94 expires.  Apply for another tourist visa.

Good luck.  

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

was just sharing my thoughts it doesnt mean that i am seeking for a passport or pr. that what people are suggesting but its better if i go back and apply again for

the remaining states

1 hour ago, nadakhan said:

Overstay the visa and the chances of you getting another becomes 0.  Work illegally in the US and it can be banned longer.   

Exit on time and wait awhile and apply for another.   

Edited by Paul & Mary

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

1 hour ago, nadakhan said:

Well, it’s illegal to work on a B visa. You can travel and blog until 28 January. Be careful not to violate the terms of your visa or overstay, or you may never be able to return as another B (or other non immigrant visa) would then be extremely unlikely. 

14 hours ago, nadakhan said:

hello everyone,

You cannot accept this job, or any other job, as you have no work authorization here. Why were you even looking for a job when you cannot take one? You wasted the employer’s time by even applying. 

Looks like you came with the intention to stay. I wonder what you declared yo the CBP Officer on arrival? I’ve never felt the need to look for a job whilst on vacation. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

14 hours ago, nadakhan said:

hello everyone,

This is precisely the reason why people from your country have a harder time qualifying for tourist visas.

Do not work or overstay your B visa, or you risk ever being allowed to come back to the US.

There’s a lot of things I would like, including a visa that I’ve been working on obtaining for over 2 years.. if coming on my B1/2 and finding a job at dollar general is all it took I’d of gotten my visa a long time ago.. 

truth is you’re not aloud to work on a tourist visa, you’re not aloud to overstay it either And your chances of getting an extension are very very very slim..  I’d suggest you go home and make application for the correct visa, because if you don’t you risk loosing any chance of getting a new tourist visa or worse you’ll be banned from entering the country..

there’s a legal process to obtaining visas, there’s no short cuts... use the process and get the right visa

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
19 hours ago, nadakhan said:

hello everyone,

From your post, I see no authorization to work in the US, and I see no basis to adjust status and live in the US.  People who abuse their vising privileges make it much harder for others to obtain B2 visas.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you want to experience a little bit more of the United States, take a moment to consider if any school here offers courses or certificates that might be useful for your career. Depending on your age and academic standing, try to look into internship programs. 

There are many pathways to a longer stay in the United States but you need to find what works for you. Travelling the 50 states on a tourism visa is an option, sure, if you have loads of money to burn and can afford to spend months without a job (not an option for many). Don't ruin your chances of visiting the US again by working illegally or by overstaying. Those that do hardly ever think of how that will affect their future immigration endeavors and find the hard way everything you do is forever marked in your file. Think about that and make the right choice.

1 hour ago, Nat&Amy said:

Don't ruin your chances of visiting the US again by working illegally or by overstaying. Those that do hardly ever think of how that will affect their future immigration endeavors and find the hard way everything you do is forever marked in your file. Think about that and make the right choice.

And can affect visa applications to visit Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. The US shares immigration info with those countries.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.