perfectsense

I-129F Questions (merged)

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yeah; not needed. And USCIS is aware that transliterations from non-Roman alphabets aren't always consistent; my wife was Anastasiya on the site I met her, Anastasia on Facebook, and is Anastasiia on her passport (and now on her green card); that's why they ask for your name in your native alphabet.

Edited by DaveAndAnastasia
K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Either one, you can also hand write it down.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I took the directions literally and did provide my nickname. I was so afraid to leave anything out. It didn't hurt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Manually write it in is what we did.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

3 hours ago, perfectsense said:

in form I-129F. I'm confused.

Since you are about to visit the US, have you considered marrying in the US and doing CR-1 process. You can get married in the US with tourist visa:

The US citizen can also submit I-130 during your US visit after the marriage: "The beneficiary will not apply for adjustment of status in the United States, but he or she will apply for an immigrant visa abroad at the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate in"

CR-1 has more benefits than K-1 such as the ability to work and travel internationally as soon as you enter the US. @Lucky Cat has a great comparison chart:
K-1
    Slightly faster arrival in the US 
    More expensive than CR-1    
    Requires Adjustment of Status after marriage (expensive and requires a lot of paperwork)    
    Spouse can not leave the US until she/he receives approved Advance Parole (approx 5-6 months)    
    Spouse can not work until she/he receives EAD (approx 5-6 months)    
    Some people have had problems with driver licenses, Social Security cards, leases, bank account during this period
    Spouse will not receive Green Card for many months after Adjustment of Status is filed.
    A denied K-1 is sent back to USCIS to expire

CR-1
    Slightly slower arrival in the US 

Less expensive than K-1    
    No Adjustment of Status(I-485, I-131, I-765) required.
    Spouse can immediately travel outside the US    
    Spouse is authorized to work immediately upon arrival.    
    Spouse receives Social Security Card and Green Card within 2 or 3 weeks after entering the US    
    Opening a bank account, getting a driver's license, etc. are very easily accomplished with GC, SS card, and passport.

Spouse has legal permanent Resident status IMMEDIATELY upon entry to US.

Edited by HRQX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We wrote N/A by hand after we printed out all the forms. There were a couple places that weren't letting us input properly on the computer so we just did it in pen.

7 hours ago, perfectsense said:

My name is Anastasia in all official documentation, but i have nickmane (shorter name) and all of my friends and family call me by this shorter name and also all of mine pages on social networks has only mine short name. Have i write it to 10.b?

The instructions say to include nicknames, so include it.  They will find out anyway at the interview stage because you'll need to disclose your social media names on the DS form.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
21 hours ago, perfectsense said:

Hi everyone!

There's the question 10 part 2 (abour beneficiary) in form I-129F. I'm confused.

My name is Anastasia in all official documentation, but i have nickmane (shorter name) and all of my friends and family call me by this shorter name and also all of mine pages on social networks has only mine short name. Have i write it to 10.b?

Like for example William and Bill, should someone whose name is William in documents, but everyone call his like a Bill write it in this question?

Provide all other names you have ever used, including aliases,
maiden name, and nicknames. If you need extra space to
complete this section, use the space provided in Part 8.

My wife goes by a nickname based off of her real name, it’s what I’ve always called her. However, this nickname is not on any official documents. It’s on her twitter account though, which I believe she had to provide with the DS 160. We didn’t put it on the form you’re filling out. She’s here in the US with me right now on an approved K1, were married and just submitted our AOS package. You should be good not to in my experience, we sent the I-192F ~last May. 

Edited by mogiftney

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Timeline

I believe you should answer every question as completely as you can. You never know when you will be called out on it if you don't. It asks specifically for nicknames, and they have their reasons for that. Obviously, some people have been fine leaving it out, but I would never advise it. You'll never get into trouble answering all the questions accurately.

6 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

I believe you should answer every question as completely as you can. You never know when you will be called out on it if you don't. It asks specifically for nicknames, and they have their reasons for that. Obviously, some people have been fine leaving it out, but I would never advise it. You'll never get into trouble answering all the questions accurately.

I don't think it will hurt adding it but isn't it pretty obvious that most people go by a short version of their name? Like Thomas usually goes by Tom and it's no secret, Alexander goes by Alex, William goes by Bill or Will. I'm pretty sure anyone doing background checks is aware of this. Now if your name is John and you go by "The Pumpkin" or something, then that's a different matter. 

5 hours ago, perfectsense said:

But if i put my short name they can send to us RFE for some officail documents for this name?

No.  They know that nicknames are not legal names.  If you want to be extra thorough, you can put a note under Additional Information, something like "Beneficiary's nickname does not appear in any official document."

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

I don't think it will hurt adding it but isn't it pretty obvious that most people go by a short version of their name? Like Thomas usually goes by Tom and it's no secret, Alexander goes by Alex, William goes by Bill or Will. I'm pretty sure anyone doing background checks is aware of this. Now if your name is John and you go by "The Pumpkin" or something, then that's a different matter. 

USCIS is aware of shortened versions of names, especially really obvious ones,  but they ask specifically for it, and so I wouldn't advise leaving it out. It's not hard to do, and costs nothing to write it in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.