perfectsense

I-129F Questions (merged)

48 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello everyone! i'm beneficiary.

We are in process of putting together documents for petition and i have some questions.

I've heard that bank statement is primary and important evidence of the meeting.

We have his bank statement (he generally paid always in this trip), but i have some transactions too.

Should we send mine bank statement too? Only one problem with my bank statement is that i have a lot of delayed operations which was in Moscow but the operations were carried out later during our trip. So i'm little bit concerned that it may confuse them.

If to not attach mine bank statement which primary evidence of trip we can attach for me?

I have border crossing stamps with dates, of course. (Another question if have to scan the main page of my passport or just pages with stamps will be enough?)

And i don't have flight tickets (even stubs), because i was stupid and threw it out. But i have invoice for tickets.

What we can attach also like primary evidence of meeting?

Timeline

Hello all,

My fiance wrote very long description of our meentings and relationships for 34 question. I've read here it's not necessary and can even cause RFE. I still want to leave more detailed text on added page than just write dates of meeting. I edited first version, but maybe it's still too much? What can we erase from here? Should we also write how and why we dicided to get married?

Esteemed USCIS officer,
Anastasiia and I met on Tinder on April 26, 2020. During the COVID-19 quarantine, Tinder offered the ability to use their "passport" feature for free which allows you to "swipe" anywhere in the world. After a few messages on Tinder, we moved to using WhatsApp the next day. After that, we began texting and video-chatting (nearly) every day. 
We met in Istanbul, Turkey for August 22nd through August 30th.
We visited Istanbul's museums, monuments, palaces, mosques, restaurants, boats/ ferries, aquarium, zoo, amusement park, culture, and history. We also took a flight to Kayseri, and traveled by taxi to Goreme in the Cappadocia region for a few days. There we ride hot air, bus tour of the local sights, and a sunset ATV tour before catching a flight back to Istanbul and then we both returned to our homes.

1 minute ago, perfectsense said:

Hello all,

My fiance wrote very long description of our meentings and relationships for 34 question. I've read here it's not necessary and can even cause RFE. I still want to leave more detailed text on added page than just write dates of meeting. I edited first version, but maybe it's still too much? What can we erase from here? Should we also write how and why we dicided to get married?

Esteemed USCIS officer,
Anastasiia and I met on Tinder on April 26, 2020. During the COVID-19 quarantine, Tinder offered the ability to use their "passport" feature for free which allows you to "swipe" anywhere in the world. After a few messages on Tinder, we moved to using WhatsApp the next day. After that, we began texting and video-chatting (nearly) every day. 
We visited Istanbul's museums, monuments, palaces, mosques, restaurants, boats/ ferries, aquarium, zoo, amusement park, culture, and history. We also took a flight to Kayseri, and traveled by taxi to Goreme in the Cappadocia region for a few days. There we ride hot air, bus tour of the local sights, and a sunset ATV tour before catching a flight back to Istanbul and then we both returned to our homes.

Her's is way too much  Yours is good but still a bit much (TMI);)

Met online, chatted tons and met in person.   Have copies of passport stamps and boarding passes and hotel bills to show you were in the sameplace at the sametime.

And you need a letter, from each of you, saying you are getting married.

Keep it all brief.

And maybe consider meeting again before filing.   Someplace without internet I always say.  That is how I found out how my wife truly is.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
16 minutes ago, perfectsense said:

Hello all,

Esteemed USCIS officer,

I personally like what you wrote and don’t think it’s too much. I will assume you would have photos/hotel receipts/flight itinerary’s etc to match. We had an approx one page letter detailing our meeting/relationship that was sent with the initial k1 and for our interview the officer commented “I read how you guys met and it was kinda cute”. I know that put me at ease at the interview and that is the ONLY thing she commented on regarding “evidence” we submitted. (I also had 4 visits prior to submitting the I129f)

So I think you will get a lot of personal opinions here on what worked for some etc but for us, our letter/statement was important.

Edited by Luckycuds

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Her's is way too much  Yours is good but still a bit much (TMI);)

Met online, chatted tons and met in person.   Have copies of passport stamps and boarding passes and hotel bills to show you were in the sameplace at the sametime.

And you need a letter, from each of you, saying you are getting married.

Keep it all brief.

And maybe consider meeting again before filing.   Someplace without internet I always say.  That is how I found out how my wife truly is.

Thank you, Paul!

We already wrote our letters and put together some things, but we are still in process:)

I want to visit him with my touristic visa while K1 in process.

I'd say keep it to a paragraph!

And if it was tinder make sure to include a copy of their terms and conditions to show that they are NOT an International Marriage Broker.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

I personally like what you wrote and don’t think it’s too much. I will assume you would have photos/hotel receipts/flight itinerary’s etc to match. We had an approx one page letter detailing our meeting/relationship that was sent with the initial k1 and for our interview the officer commented “I read how you guys met and it was kinda cute”. I know that put me at ease at the interview and that is the ONLY thing she commented on regarding “evidence” we submitted. (I also had 4 visits prior to submitting the I129f)

So I think you will get a lot of personal opinions here on what worked for some etc but for us, our letter/statement was important.

Thank you!

We have one problem with tickets, he collected all of tickets for a memory and i trew all mine out cause i don't like to collect tickets, but i was stupid.

So from my side we have borders crossing stamps, flight tickets invoice, booking of hotels (but he didn't wrote my name for first hotel booking this is problem too cause we can't change it now and even can't find phone of hotel to ask them for invoice), booking from second hotel with our names, booking of hot air ballon ride with our names, and e-ticket to Cappadocia for both of us, photos of us as well.

I hope it will be enough cause now i'm nervous that i threw out my flight stubs and stubs for activity in Turkey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Like you, I also threw away my ticket stubs for my flight... but I used my e-ticket and passport stamps to show I traveled. 

I also attached invoices of restaurants we went to. I don't think you would have to attach too many. 

I would recommend attaching phone call logs, messages between you guys (preferably with time stamps if possible), photos of you guys together, or letters and packages you may have sent each other. I also added a couple social media posts. 

Hope this helps a bit!

129-F During COVID Times

March 7, 2020: 129F packet sent from Seattle, WA to Texas

March 10, 2020: USCIS receives packet (Receipt Date)

March 13, 2020: Received NOA1 hardcopy from USCIS (Notice Date)

November 24, 2020: Case approved (online tracker and USCIS website)

December 4, 2020: Received NOA2 hardcopy from USCIS

December 16, 2020: NVC receives our case

January 5, 2021: Case "In-Transit" to Taipei, Taiwan embassy/consulate

January 8, 2021: Arrived at American Institute in Taiwan

January 11, 2021: Received call from AIT and received E-Packet 3

February 18, 2021: Interview (Approved)

February 18 - March 3, 2021: CEAC "Administrative Processing"

March 3, 2021: Case "Issued"

March 6, 2021: Visa On Hand, but petitioner name misspelled on K1 visa, sent back for reissue

March 11, 2021: "Issued" and received passport with correct K1 visa

March 17, 2021: Enter the US via Seattle, WA

April 11, 2021: Got married!

AOS During COVID Times

April 30, 2021: AOS/EAD/AP packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

May 3, 2021: Received 3 separate NOA1s via text

Timeline
19 minutes ago, jess.y said:

Like you, I also threw away my ticket stubs for my flight... but I used my e-ticket and passport stamps to show I traveled. 

I also attached invoices of restaurants we went to. I don't think you would have to attach too many. 

I would recommend attaching phone call logs, messages between you guys (preferably with time stamps if possible), photos of you guys together, or letters and packages you may have sent each other. I also added a couple social media posts. 

Hope this helps a bit!

Thank you:)
We don't have invoices of restaurants and letters and packages that we've sent to each other, but we have stamps and e-tickets, bookings and pictures together, of couse.

Did you do scan of you first page of passport with scans of stamps?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, perfectsense said:

Thank you:)
We don't have invoices of restaurants and letters and packages that we've sent to each other, but we have stamps and e-tickets, bookings and pictures together, of couse.

Did you do scan of you first page of passport with scans of stamps?

I didn't scan my passport, I took photos of them, so basically the same thing. 

I actually took photos of letters we sent each other (it's gross and mushy but I guess it shows that we sent each other stuff/in a relationship)

Messages wise, I mostly took screenshots of us planning our meetup, talking about marriage, that kind of thing. 

Some people also say it's not necessary to put TOO much proof, as it could seem like you're overcompensating.. but I think that could be a bit tricky to navigate. 

Good luck though!!! 

129-F During COVID Times

March 7, 2020: 129F packet sent from Seattle, WA to Texas

March 10, 2020: USCIS receives packet (Receipt Date)

March 13, 2020: Received NOA1 hardcopy from USCIS (Notice Date)

November 24, 2020: Case approved (online tracker and USCIS website)

December 4, 2020: Received NOA2 hardcopy from USCIS

December 16, 2020: NVC receives our case

January 5, 2021: Case "In-Transit" to Taipei, Taiwan embassy/consulate

January 8, 2021: Arrived at American Institute in Taiwan

January 11, 2021: Received call from AIT and received E-Packet 3

February 18, 2021: Interview (Approved)

February 18 - March 3, 2021: CEAC "Administrative Processing"

March 3, 2021: Case "Issued"

March 6, 2021: Visa On Hand, but petitioner name misspelled on K1 visa, sent back for reissue

March 11, 2021: "Issued" and received passport with correct K1 visa

March 17, 2021: Enter the US via Seattle, WA

April 11, 2021: Got married!

AOS During COVID Times

April 30, 2021: AOS/EAD/AP packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

May 3, 2021: Received 3 separate NOA1s via text

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jess.y said:

I didn't scan my passport, I took photos of them, so basically the same thing. 

I actually took photos of letters we sent each other (it's gross and mushy but I guess it shows that we sent each other stuff/in a relationship)

Messages wise, I mostly took screenshots of us planning our meetup, talking about marriage, that kind of thing. 

Some people also say it's not necessary to put TOO much proof, as it could seem like you're overcompensating.. but I think that could be a bit tricky to navigate. 

Good luck though!!! 

Good luck to you too!:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

If you have a screenshots of when you guys discussed important stuffs about your relationship or your very first conversation just add abit of it...just a mount the screenshots on Microsoft word and one page of multiple screenshots will do

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

9 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

I'd say keep it to a paragraph!

And if it was tinder make sure to include a copy of their terms and conditions to show that they are NOT an International Marriage Broker.

I agree with this. I fit my response to that question in the 3 lines on the form.

Met.jpg

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.