dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview October 2020

258 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Nepal was just starting back doing IR1/CR1 interviews, but then this DV ruling from Judge means no interviews in Sep. :( Whatever happened to giving priority to family members

On 9/11/2020 at 1:31 PM, amerikelinka said:

Hi, everyone! Just joining the new thread here. Our case was DQ'd on September 8. The US Consulate General in Almaty has just begun processing IR-1 visas again, but I went ahead and requested an expedite today because I'm afraid we may be stuck in Kazakhstan if we're not able to leave by November.

I mentioned financial hardship (my temporary work contract ends soon and whether I'm in the US supporting two households or stuck here without work, it would be very hard) and likely travel restrictions to be implemented in November/December (Kazakhstan's Minister of Health just announced that such measures could be taken again soon). I sent evidence for both points.

Anyway, I'll share the results once I hear back from NVC!

Wow! We got our interview date! October 20. Can’t believe it. Only a week after getting DQ.

I requested an expedite on September 11 (4 days ago), but I highly doubt it was even reviewed yet. Our consulate seems to just be working extra quickly on IR-1 visas right now (and Kazakhstan always has low monthly visa issuances, anyway).

1 hour ago, hscoots said:

Nepal was just starting back doing IR1/CR1 interviews, but then this DV ruling from Judge means no interviews in Sep. :( Whatever happened to giving priority to family members

I don't think it means no IR1/CR1 Visas, it means that now diversity visas will also prioritized like IR1 /CR1 visas.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
19 hours ago, Katie & Camilo said:

Thank you!! I am in the same boat. I was able to visit him last in February, and haven't been able to go back since. Let's pray we hear something soon...

We are in a similar situation... my wife and I haven't seen each other since January 😢 I had a flight scheduled in March that was canceled, then rescheduled and canceled again in June, then again in September. I heard the airport there "might reopen" in October for international flights, but who knows. My wife has a US tourist visa and I have Colombian residency, but with the airport closed for all but humanitarian evacuation flights, it's a nightmare being stuck in this dreadful process.

We sent an expedite request to the embassy last month, who in turn advised we had to request it to NVC first. We sent it to NVC last week just to see if it would help somehow (our case has been completely done at NVC since June). They said they then asked the embassy and they said no, we have to wait for routine processing. We were prepared that might happen, but the most ridiculous part of the denial is that NVC's response said something about "when you pay all fees and we have reviewed the documents, we will schedule the interview" (canned response, clearly didn't even look at our case). We have been 100% paid and complete at NVC since June! The contractors they use for "customer service" are useless.

Edited by majm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
34 minutes ago, TamMhmd said:

I don't think it means no IR1/CR1 Visas, it means that now diversity visas will also prioritized like IR1 /CR1 visas.

Nope, read that twitter thread, it explicitly mentions embassies are instructed to give DV higher priority, mainly because they only have 2-3 weeks to wrap this all up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Is ds 5540 still a thing? I have not been following all the lawsuits around Public charge and was wondering if anyone here knew something.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/update-on-public-charge.html

Edited by Mr and Mrs S

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

• Jan 19 2019: Sent I130 package
  • Jan 22 2019: Delivered
  • Feb 3 2019: I130 NOA1 (Priority Date: Jan 22, 2019)
  • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center ( 😶)
  • Sep 16 2019: I129f NOA1 PD
  • Oct 26 2019: I130 NOA2 (Notice date: Oct 21 2019)
  • Nov 04 2019: Sent to NVC

NVC Stage:

• Nov 7: Received by NVC 
  • Dec 7: NVC sent email containing CEAC login details (Case Number)
  • Dec 7: AOS and IV bill payed
  • Dec 10: NVC withdrew money from Account
  • Dec 12: AOS and IV bills show paid on CEAC
  • Dec 16: AOS and IV documents submitted to NVC
  • Waiting

I haven't officially DQ'd but have submitted all my docs for NVC on 28th August and requested an expedite then which has been approved today!

Awaiting contact from the embassy now to schedule an interview. 🤞

Good luck to everyone waiting!

1 hour ago, Mr and Mrs S said:

Is ds 5540 still a thing? I have not been following all the lawsuits around Public charge and was wondering if anyone here knew something.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/update-on-public-charge.html

It's not required right now.

Timeline
5 hours ago, majm said:

We are in a similar situation... my wife and I haven't seen each other since January 😢 I had a flight scheduled in March that was canceled, then rescheduled and canceled again in June, then again in September. I heard the airport there "might reopen" in October for international flights, but who knows. My wife has a US tourist visa and I have Colombian residency, but with the airport closed for all but humanitarian evacuation flights, it's a nightmare being stuck in this dreadful process.

We sent an expedite request to the embassy last month, who in turn advised we had to request it to NVC first. We sent it to NVC last week just to see if it would help somehow (our case has been completely done at NVC since June). They said they then asked the embassy and they said no, we have to wait for routine processing. We were prepared that might happen, but the most ridiculous part of the denial is that NVC's response said something about "when you pay all fees and we have reviewed the documents, we will schedule the interview" (canned response, clearly didn't even look at our case). We have been 100% paid and complete at NVC since June! The contractors they use for "customer service" are useless.

Same here!! We requested an expedite as we were DQ'd at NVC on May 22. Our request was denied and we were told the same thing - wait for routine processing.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Katie & Camilo said:

Same here!! We requested an expedite as we were DQ'd at NVC on May 22. Our request was denied and we were told the same thing - wait for routine processing.

So frustrating! My wife knows several people who had student visa interviews at the Embassy in the last few weeks. That seems to have been made "priority" because universities in the US were starting... and international tuition is a cash cow for them. I hope we hear something positive soon 🙁

Timeline
1 hour ago, majm said:

So frustrating! My wife knows several people who had student visa interviews at the Embassy in the last few weeks. That seems to have been made "priority" because universities in the US were starting... and international tuition is a cash cow for them. I hope we hear something positive soon 🙁

I also requested an expedite and got the same response :( I know someone who got an interview for their student visa over a month ago. It's really disheartening. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Anyone waiting from India, they started processing IR1/CR1 Category visas, people who had their interviews cancelled on March 17th have received notification from the embassy to self schedule their interviews any-day between 17th September to 30th September. They will be slowly progressing to new ones once the cancelled interviews are done. Woohoo🥳 😀

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, HillJor said:

I also requested an expedite and got the same response :( I know someone who got an interview for their student visa over a month ago. It's really disheartening. 

Similar thing happened in India, they started with Student visa exactly a month back and now they started IR1/CR1. I guess your embassy might follow soon too🤞

Timeline
On 9/1/2020 at 2:52 PM, M2r13 said:

After DQ and Before the interview at the consulate, we uploaded and submitted our documents that we updated (e.g. police certificate, 2019 tax transcript, my husband's employment certificate). As for our I-864EZ, we only brought the updated version on the interview and did not upload it on ceac just to be prepared. However, In our case, the CO officer didn't ask for a new I-864EZ at the interview. 

The documents we uploaded at ceac after DQ remained on "submitted" status even after our interview. My interview was approved and I already have my visa on hand. I was interviewed at Sydney consulate. 

So it means there is no harm in uploading new docs prior to the interview?

Timeline

Hey guys... so according to my keen research/assumption based on the stats on this website for PAKISTAN EMBASSY and/or any other... I predicted the interview letters (IL) and Interview Dates (ID) for this year 2020: 

The interviews are basically held after one month of the IL's emails so I'll put a / in my predictions below (You can have 1-3 months in each +/-) :

1. If you got DQ'd in February 2020 : You can expect IL and ID in September 2020/October 2020
  2. If you got DQ'd in MARCH 2020 : You can expect IL and ID in October 2020/November 2020
  3. If you got DQ'd in APRIL 2020 : You can expect IL and ID in November 2020/December 2020
  4. If you got DQ'd in MAY 2020 : You can expect IL and ID in December 2020/January 2021
  5. If you got DQ'd in June 2020 : You can expect IL and ID in January 2021/February 2021
  6. If you got DQ'd in July 2020 : You can expect IL and ID in February 2021/March 2021
  7. If you got DQ'd in Aug 2020 : You can expect IL and ID in March 2021/April 2021
  8. If you got DQ'd in Sept 2020 : You can expect IL and ID in April 2021/May 2021

These are based on data from this website. I am not an expert; just anxiously waiting for my husband... hope this helps a little. Good luck everyone. Keep me updated on your IL and Interview dates. Thank you :)

Edited by Lexushim

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.