dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview October 2020

258 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone.

We had an expedite approved on August 5th but the case is still at NVC. The embassy said they are not scheduling interviews until routine visa processing resumes. However, I have read here that people with expedites got their interviews even though their embassy is technically closed. Confused and frustrated, don't understand why approve an expedite if they are still going to keep us waiting indefinitely... is anyone in the same situation with an approved expedite, or has everyone been able to interview regardless?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

For anyone on here who has received an interview appointment from the NVC, did you have any issues registering your appointment on the website? We just tried to register and confirm our info and we received the error: "The Immigrant Visa case number provided is not ready to schedule an appointment"

Do we just need to give it a bit more time for our case number to be in the system or did we do something wrong? We are not actually trying to schedule a new appointment but just register/confirm the appointment already given.

Thanks! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, JenIE said:

For anyone on here who has received an interview appointment from the NVC, did you have any issues registering your appointment on the website? We just tried to register and confirm our info and we received the error: "The Immigrant Visa case number provided is not ready to schedule an appointment"

Do we just need to give it a bit more time for our case number to be in the system or did we do something wrong? We are not actually trying to schedule a new appointment but just register/confirm the appointment already given.

Thanks! 

It can take up to 24 hours to let you register, no need to worry!

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
15 hours ago, JenIE said:

Thanks! 

i didn't know that we need to register it to the embassy website. are we supposed to do that?

Timeline
2 hours ago, CS_Bradshaw said:

i didn't know that we need to register it to the embassy website. are we supposed to do that?

Registering is part of step 2 of interview prep:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html

For the Dublin Embassy there are instructions to register so that they know where to send your passport with the visa after in interview. It differs by embassy though and I see it's not listed as a step for the Tokyo Embassy so you're probably fine!

Edited by JenIE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
19 hours ago, JenIE said:

Got an email this morning that we have our interview scheduled for next month!! We did not expedite or contact the embassy at all to move the case along. So excited!! 

This is so great to hear! We are on a similar timeline (DQ'd June 19th, 2020) so this post has given us hope today! I wonder if they usually send out interview dates in blocks and if that means we didn't make the cut yesterday and will have to wait a while to get ours... or if maybe we will here today or tomorrow too!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Fitz1130 said:

This is so great to hear! We are on a similar timeline (DQ'd June 19th, 2020) so this post has given us hope today! I wonder if they usually send out interview dates in blocks and if that means we didn't make the cut yesterday and will have to wait a while to get ours... or if maybe we will here today or tomorrow too!

I saw that 2 other people also received interviews at the Dublin Embassy yesterday. One of the people had a DQ about a week ahead of me and not sure about the other because they didn't fill out their timeline, so they do seem to send out dates in blocks. Not sure if they do it all in one day or over the course of several days though. For the longest time I didn't see any sign of movement at this Embassy, so hopefully even if you don't get an email this month you will get your interview email soon!

Also, make sure to fill out your timeline as it's super helpful for other users to see how long the process takes for various locations and will also help provide you with more specific answers if you have any questions!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Just now, JenIE said:

I saw that 2 other people also received interviews at the Dublin Embassy yesterday. One of the people had a DQ about a week ahead of me and not sure about the other because they didn't fill out their timeline, so they do seem to send out dates in blocks. Not sure if they do it all in one day or over the course of several days though. For the longest time I didn't see any sign of movement at this Embassy, so hopefully even if you don't get an email this month you will get your interview email soon!

Also, make sure to fill out your timeline as it's super helpful for other users to see how long the process takes for various locations and will also help provide you with more specific answers if you have any questions!

Thanks! I'll remain cautiously optimistic! Honestly it's been so long that any progress is still good news! I'll fill out my timeline now!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, JenIE said:

Registering is part of step 2 of interview prep:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html

For the Dublin Embassy there are instructions to register so that they know where to send your passport with the visa after in interview. It differs by embassy though and I see it's not listed as a step for the Tokyo Embassy so you're probably fine!

ahh, i see.... yeah, i didnt find that type of instruction in the US embassy here. but when i read your first post it just make me a bit nervous if i did miss some step after we got the interview date, because i got closer to the interview day.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, CS_Bradshaw said:

ahh, i see.... yeah, i didnt find that type of instruction in the US embassy here. but when i read your first post it just make me a bit nervous if i did miss some step after we got the interview date, because i got closer to the interview day.

Oh I can definitely understand being nervous you forgot a step, especially if someone mentions something you don't know about! I did hear that some embassies operate differently in terms of how they process the Visas but I didn't even realize they don't all require registering the appointment online.

I see your appointment is coming up soon, I hope it all goes well and you can tell us good news about getting the visa approved!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fitz1130 said:

Thanks! I'll remain cautiously optimistic! Honestly it's been so long that any progress is still good news! I'll fill out my timeline now!

Awesome, yeah I see we really did have pretty similar timelines! And I totally know what you mean about how long the process has been -- from the time we first mailed in the I-130 to our interview date is pretty much 1 year. From what I've seen, pre-Covid you would most likely get an interview the following month you DQd. Hang in there and I look forward to you updating us soon to let us know you got an interview date!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.