roimmi

Administrative processing due to public charge ruling(?)

43 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, roimmi said:

This would be my assumption as well. Yet I see some say quite the opposite.

Also I mentioned they did not keep her passport at the Embassy. Why isa that a bad sign? I know it's highly speculative but why did they not keep it?

It's weird that they wouldn't hold on to the passport but would say that it should be fine in a couple days. Hope they can drop it off instead of mailing it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

I am curious if your current income will continue when you move to Brazil as you are currently there. 

No, which is why I thought I would need a joint sponsor from the get go. But many here and lawyers agreed that my assets were sufficient. I guess times are changing and if your income is foreign, it's best to play safe and get a joint sponsor regardless of assets,

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
10 hours ago, Hilde said:

No, which is why I thought I would need a joint sponsor from the get go. But many here and lawyers agreed that my assets were sufficient. I guess times are changing and if your income is foreign, it's best to play safe and get a joint sponsor regardless of assets,

Assets need to be clearly sufficient, not just barely 3X the income requirement, and they must be liquid.  If they are, you probably don't need a joint sponsor.  NVC's reference to a joint sponsor does not consider a single dollar of assets.  This is a Consular Officer decision, 100%.

If your only current income is not going to continue, you should have stated your current income as zero.  Read the question again and don't ignore the words "that you are using to qualify....", then get a new corrected affidavit of support.  You're going to need it.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
14 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Assets need to be clearly sufficient, not just barely 3X the income requirement, and they must be liquid.  If they are, you probably don't need a joint sponsor.  NVC's reference to a joint sponsor does not consider a single dollar of assets.  This is a Consular Officer decision, 100%.

If your only current income is not going to continue, you should have stated your current income as zero.  Read the question again and don't ignore the words "that you are using to qualify....", then get a new corrected affidavit of support.  You're going to need it.

This is such important information!

For the reason that it is up to the CO discretion, we chose to find a joint sponsor to be safer. We filled out a new 864 which we'll bring to the interview (when it finally happens).

Thank you !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

several off topic and political posts have been removed.

provide constructive advice to the op only.  if you wish to discuss politics, inflation, and minimum wage, please do so in the cehst forum

charles

vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I see that since Monday (the 3rd) Embassies around the world have started accepting CR1/IR1 cases.

Also on the 30th and 31st there were a few interviews that got approval:

- https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=330817

- https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=313769

We have called the embassy but they said that at the moment they are not issuing visas (after mentioning the type of visa we were inquiring about) and suggested we don't call back until we hear from them.

I know that the timelines here and posts are a small sample of the actual cases being processed but has anyone else heard anything more or read anything about issues like this?

There is a thread for the Japanese consulate 

Here they got a bit more info about why the process is being halted.

Any news or extra info on previous experiences are greatly appreciated.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They may have "approved" it for a few people, but I don't think anyone has actually received their visa yet. The FAM on public charge is still blank. What the state department is actually doing is anyone's guess.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
2 hours ago, JacobP said:

They may have "approved" it for a few people, but I don't think anyone has actually received their visa yet. The FAM on public charge is still blank. What the state department is actually doing is anyone's guess.

That is true. 
Also I noticed that when changes came in for the Public Charge they also changed the FAM on Affidavit of Support which is also blank now.

Change notice: https://fam.state.gov/FAM/Ct.aspx?VolumeID=09FAM

AOShttps://fam.state.gov/FAM/09FAM/09FAM060114.html

Not sure how this helps. maybe it just adds to the confusion.

Edited by roimmi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 7/31/2020 at 12:50 PM, Hilde said:

I am a US citizen sponsoring my husband who is Brazilian and we both live in Brazil.

I earn above poverty line, we have assets  and own a residence in the USA. We have been advised in this forum and by our lawyer that we would not need a joint sponsor. However, when we were DQ´d there was a message saying that I did not meet income requirements.

I called NVC twice about it and the officers stated the same thing: given the recent-changing immigration landscape requirements, get a joint sponsor to be safe.

Very frustrating!

Ok but if a joint sponsor is needed what are the current income guidlines?? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, stringpuller said:

Ok but if a joint sponsor is needed what are the current income guidlines?? 

The current income guidelines are stated in the USCIS website. But I believe since my income is foreign, it doesn't count. So then I rely on my assets, which are also foreign. From what I have gathered, foreign assets are sort of frowned upon and it was recommended that we play safe and get a joint sponsor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hilde said:

The current income guidelines are stated in the USCIS website. But I believe since my income is foreign, it doesn't count. So then I rely on my assets, which are also foreign. From what I have gathered, foreign assets are sort of frowned upon and it was recommended that we play safe and get a joint sponsor.

Ahh ok. Im in US and US income  

Im just looking at numbers. 

The 1999 rules are what? 

I filed before the feburary ruling so in the end i hope the helps. 

Its hard to believe how complicated they are making this

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

The Department of State FINALLY put out an official response to the court ruling on public charge: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/update-on-public-charge.html. In their statement they clarify that applications that appear to be ineligible will be put on administrative hold until things are cleared up. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.