GregAntillian

Foreign fiancee pregnant by someone else

122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

On what basis?  

Still new to this, so like don't quote me. I am just speaking from personal experience of knowing people who went through this personally. They got approved and when trying to enter did not get allowed because of " as i was told" risk of visa fraud. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Darlyn25 said:

Still new to this, so like don't quote me. I am just speaking from personal experience of knowing people who went through this personally. They got approved and when trying to enter did not get allowed because of " as i was told" risk of visa fraud. 

K1?

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

K1?

Yes, They were doing a K1, it might have been more to the story. Because they did have friends and family here.  But they were not able to convince the POE. I was just saying that it is a possibility the POE could reject them. 

Please correct me if I am wrong. 

If the CO approves it, does that mean the POE does not have rights to Reject?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Darlyn25 said:

Yes, They were doing a K1, it might have been more to the story. Because they did have friends and family here.  But they were not able to convince the POE. I was just saying that it is a possibility the POE could reject them. 

Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Of course they can,  however,  it is rare.  In 15 years on this site, I think i have read about one turn around. 

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Of course they can,  however,  it is rare.  In 15 years on this site, I think i have read about one turn around. 

Thank you for providing that insight. Do you remember what that rejection was for? How could you Provide enough information in this case example to show that is it not visa fraud? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Not insinuating anything, but how old are our two parties here? Or what's the age gap? @GregAntillian

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 minute ago, GregAntillian said:

31m/32f

You are young. At 32, she's expected to know better. Kindly, dodge this future- brewing drama. Save a little money and take a vacation. You'll surely meet someone. Trust me, the money you'll use to go on the vacay and meet a better lady will be a drop in the ocean compared to when you are forced to split 50/50 in 3 years. @GregAntillian

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

2 hours ago, Darlyn25 said:

If you have one or more children not listed on the visa petition, or a current pregnancy, or a prior undisclosed marriage even if it is now terminated, or currently have a contagious disease of public health significance, be 

I've never heard of a requirement to disclose a pregnancy. 

I think everybody else covered the relationship side of things pretty clearly. Nobody here knows your circumstances, but this is flashing red alarms that now is not a good time to add in the stress of immigration and such. I'd be running for the hills, but there is no harm in at least delaying things.

58 minutes ago, Darlyn25 said:

Only a USC (or an American Indian born in Canada with least 50% American Indian blood) is guaranteed entry.

But a denied entry with a K-1 is quite rare and suggests there were reasons for the CBPO to believe the visa has since become invalid for it's intended purpose or was issued incorrectly based upon the new information that the CO didn't have. They generally don't get into the position of overruling a CO who spent much more time with that one case than a CBPO with limited information and less time.

49 minutes ago, Darlyn25 said:

Thank you for providing that insight. Do you remember what that rejection was for? How could you Provide enough information in this case example to show that is it not visa fraud? 

I've seen a rejection because the CBPO asked if they intend to to marry the petitioner, and they responded with something along the lines of "maybe I will, maybe I won't". The officer felt they did not qualify for a K-1 visa anymore as the purpose of the visa is to enter and marry.

I've seen a few handfuls of rejections because the individuals married abroad prior to entry, and found evidence of this.

Some of these were marriages (legal or "only" ceremonial) to the petitioner.

There is at least one case where there was a marriage to an SO they had abroad. Usually this one tends to gets caught at AOS or ROC or something (or when they eventually divorce and try to bring over their original SO), but I guess sometimes people get overconfident and assume they got away with it already.

5 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

I've never heard of a requirement to disclose a pregnancy. 

Other than the medical, it wouldn't be required. For the medical, I'm pretty sure it's asked (the x-ray and/or vaccinations alone are reasons why they need to know).

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

1 hour ago, GregAntillian said:

I had intentionally left things rather vague, but for the sake of information, the country in question is Russia.

I had intended to attend the interview, just would need to know when it was going to be, obviously.

Plenty of video calls and pictures... But it explains why they were only face height. 😂

you got to be kidding. So many gorgeous woman in Russia and you really arent thinking it through. This forum is not a advise forum for your life. Get a shrink  to resolve the issue. Everyone here suggests against but its your life.  There is a saying " you can put lipstick on a pig, its still a pig"

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.