J/G

How the Trump administration is turning legal immigrants into undocumented ones (merged)

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, aleac said:

You fail to mention that USCIS started losing considerable money under this administration, the deficit was minimal until 2016.

In part because of poor management,  also because part of the funds were taken out from USCIS to fund ICE or DHS. Also immigration officials were assigned other duties fighting illegal immigration instead of assisting with legal immigration. Delays from USCIS did not start this year. They should really stop blaming "Covid and less petitions" for this disaster

President's proposed budget for DHS for 2021 is as following from the DHS

https://www.google.com/search?q=DHS+2021+budget&rlz=1C1JPGB_enUS833US833&oq=DHS+2021+budget&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.123

$49.8 billion

The president has released the details of the Department of Homeland Security's Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 Budget to Congress, which includes $49.8 billion to DHS in discretionary funding and an additional $5.1 billion for the Disaster Relief Fund (DRF).Feb 11, 2020

while USCIS income generated in 2020 was 

FISCAL YEAR 2020 BUDGET

USCIS is nearly 97 percent fee-funded. The USCIS budget for FY 2020 provides funding to support our critical mission. The budget allocates $4.8 billion in funding, of which $4.7 billion would be financed through mandatory fee revenue, and $122 million would be funded with discretionary appropriations. The appropriated funding supports the operation and maintenance of the E-Verify program. The fee-funded portion of the budget, which supports all other USCIS operations, includes $25 million and the required language to enter into an interagency agreement for the construction of a USCIS Academy Training Center at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) in Charleston, South Carolina.

USCIS fees do not totally pay for ICE  as it states the expected income for 2021 will be $4.7 billion not $49.8

What we do pay for with fees is 

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), through its Visa Security Program (VSP), assigns special agents to diplomatic posts worldwide to conduct law enforcement visa security activities and provide training to Department of State (DOS) offices regarding threats, trends, and other topics affecting visa adjudication. VSP utilizes the automated screening to focus on five key activities creating value at posts around the world:

there are 7 agencies under DHS:

USICS

US Customs and Border Protection

US Immgration and Customs Enforcement

TSA

US Coast Guard

US Secret Service

Federal Emergency Management Agency

All that is why the present administration asked Congress for the money to pay for the wall (not USCIS fees)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, aleac said:

You fail to mention that USCIS started losing considerable money under this administration, the deficit was minimal until 2016.

In part because of poor management,  also because part of the funds were taken out from USCIS to fund ICE or DHS. Also immigration officials were assigned other duties fighting illegal immigration instead of assisting with legal immigration. Delays from USCIS did not start this year. They should really stop blaming "Covid and less petitions" for this disaster

So very easy right now to get frustrated with the "system"  Makes me wonder if our President had to submit his tax return and 2 passport pictures etc, etc for the processing of his 129F that got his beautiful wife to America.  Probably did even have to document that they had met personally within the two years of filing his petition.    Where is the fairness that is due to all of us to have done things right in the horrid immigration process.

People want to work from home.  How does USCIS do its job working from home because of all the hype about covid??

Want your cake and eat it too??

Personally covid is a scam and people dealing with immigration are feeling the wrath of this scam.  Blame the media and the political party pushing for stay at home orders.

Some will die from covid but most will live.  This is like any other event in history proving darwins theory survival of the fittest

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, chi6488 said:

People want to work from home.  How does USCIS do its job working from home because of all the hype about covid??

Personally covid is a scam and people dealing with immigration are feeling the wrath of this scam.  Blame the media and the political party pushing for stay at home orders.

Some will die from covid but most will live.  This is like any other event in history proving darwins theory survival of the fittest

Totally agree, even if I am on the danger list.

29 minutes ago, PWB said:

So very easy right now to get frustrated with the "system"  Makes me wonder if our President had to submit his tax return and 2 passport pictures etc, etc for the processing of his 129F that got his beautiful wife to America.  Probably did even have to document that they had met personally within the two years of filing his petition.    Where is the fairness that is due to all of us to have done things right in the horrid immigration process.

Get a grip.  Blame those who want to shut down the country and government workers.

I highly doubt Trump did any papework.  That's what lawyers are for when you have money

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
43 minutes ago, PWB said:

She was self sponsored on EB1 after O1 so no he didn’t have to submit anything.      

Edited by Henry357

ROC

03/05/2019 Notice to Transfer to Nebraska Service Center

04/05/2018 NOA from CSC (Biometrics waved) 

AOS

09/15/2016 EAD/AP Approved, Card in production, 09/23/2016 EAD/AP Received!

07/26/2015 Biometrics Notice Mailed (Appt 08/12/2015)

07/17/2015 NOA I-130/AOS/EAD/AP

1 minute ago, RunTheRoad said:

I stopped reading beyond 'covid is a scam'. Yes, and the 100, 000 plus dead bodies are just a figment of the media's myth making. Seriously?

W don't shut down the country every year due to flu do we?? How about h1ni?? name the other diseases.  

Death numbers for those are equal or higher but we do nothing.  

Like I said, some will die but most will live.  What is 135k in a country with 330 million??  .00040909 of the population.  That is if the 135k number is truly from vulnerable people dying from covid and not people who had a mild case and WAS positive but died by another means.

It is a SCAM because democrats have an alzheimers or dementia biden and know Trump is going to kick some  serious *ss.  

Timeline
24 minutes ago, chi6488 said:

My team productive went up working from home.  Not that hard. Less distractions. 

USCIs is like any government agency though.  Their job security is based on congress not performance. 

Edited by Henry357

ROC

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

In my opinion...the largest share of the blame lies with the voting public in the USA who continually send these incompetents to represent them and their interests.   

This is what a ruling class gets you...they show up in your neighborhood a few times a year...build a community center or 2...fund some pet project for minorities to keep them in good graces,  and fund some obscure pet projects for a voting block they deem necessary to keep them in control.

Have a real problem? Need a big issue addressed...You will never see them...

Time after time people fall for this BS...

7 minutes ago, aleac said:

Wow. We found an Immigrant KAREN.

I never thought I'd see one.

Surely you start yelling when you're told to wear a mask at Walmart, right?

Don;t know what you mean by immigrant karen?? I am not complaining about the immigration system.

No, I respect people's decision and if walmart or any business requests it I abide or shop elsewhere

.  We all live in a free country for now.  Wish people felt the same for the baker in CO like they do concerning businesses requiring masks.  

Edited by chi6488

Timeline
41 minutes ago, aleac said:

Wow. We found an Immigrant KAREN.

I never thought I'd see one.

Surely you start yelling when you're told to wear a mask at Walmart, right?

Karen’s come in all forms. 

ROC

AOS

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Henry357 said:

Karen’s come in all forms. 

Kens are the most elusive form of Karen’s, often they are threatened easily.

ROC

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.