2,967 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

Very helpful. I think what she was scared is for my request to hold in abeyance to be denied and therefore having c09 EAD denied. Do you know if that ever happens that the request to hold i-485 gets denied?

Yes it depends if the officer wants to hold your I-485, if they decided not to hold it than you can file a new I-485 along with your I-360, or after.  Just make sure to let your Local office know you are filling for I-360 and to not issue an NTA. 

Edited by FeDaniela

6 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Yes it depends if the officer wants to hold your I-485, if they decided not to hold it than you can file a new I-485 along with your I-360, or after.  Just make sure to let your Local office know you are filling for I-360 and to not issue an NTA. 

Okay that makes sense.  I guess what she meant is this  - if I get denied for i-485 to be held in abeyance, I would need to file a new i-485 based on c31 and a new work authorization that I would have to wait for for a minimum of 6 months. But this is what I don't understand - I though they issue a c31 EAD only after VAWA approval, which is in 2 years. 

1 minute ago, 2020filer said:

Okay that makes sense.  I guess what she meant is this  - if I get denied for i-485 to be held in abeyance, I would need to file a new i-485 based on c31 and a new work authorization that I would have to wait for for a minimum of 6 months. But this is what I don't understand - I though they issue a c31 EAD only after VAWA approval, which is in 2 years. 

If you file a new I-485 your work Permit will be Category  C09 because is base on the I-485 form, not base on your I-360 form If she inputs category C31 you will received your work permit after vawa approval 18-24 months and there is no need to file I-765 C31 that option is available on the I-360 form., Don't make the mistake your I-765 form category should be C09 to receive it in 3-6 months. Make sure you check your forms otherwise you will end up waiting for an EAD

31 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

Hi everyone! I spoke today with one of the lawyers and they told me that when I file my i-360 and ask to hold i-485 in abeyance, they might reject my current c09 EAD and the extension for it that I filed in June. She also said I might need to include c31 EAD application in the initial i-360 package which costs ~$500. Has anyone had their c09 EAD rejected when they filed a i360 case? And then only got their c31 EAD in 2 years when VAWA gets approved?

hi,

my lawyer did the same, he asked the USCIS to hold my pending i485 form. And at that time I had EAD c09 pending as well. I guess USCIS did hold my i485 because 6 months later I got my EAD c09. and then, a year later I got my EAD c31 (and I didn't file for it,  USCIS just sent it to me

1 minute ago, neimovirna said:

hi,

my lawyer did the same, he asked the USCIS to hold my pending i485 form. And at that time I had EAD c09 pending as well. I guess USCIS did hold my i485 because 6 months later I got my EAD c09. and then, a year later I got my EAD c31 (and I didn't file for it,  USCIS just sent it to me

Whoever filled out your I-360 most likely answered yes to Page 14, Part 10, Question 12 "I am currently residing in the United States and I request an Employment Authorization Document".

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Hi Everyone ,

My case was approved January 27, 2020 (filed June , 2018 ) Do you know how long it takes to get an interview in NY after approved VAWA ? I've heard now it takes 24 months to be scheduled. 

@sandranj could you please advise if thats the case with 24months to wait for an interview in NY? 

Thank you All 

Edited by Evasn

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
25 minutes ago, neimovirna said:

OMG, guys, I just received an update that My case is approved!😁

time line

i360 filed February 2019

1st Prima Facie March 2019

2nd Prima Facie March 2020

EAD c31 May 22nd 2020

i360 Approved August 6, 2020

I am in NYC

Congratulations!  🍾

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
43 minutes ago, neimovirna said:

time line

i360 filed February 2019

EAD c31 May 22nd 2020

I am in NYC

Congratulations my dear. Today seems to be the day of case approvals. You and I both got status update today.

Hey guys, 

Today, There was a status update on my I-485 " Case was transferred to another office". Is this same as transferred to a local office or does this mean something different? 

Just now, Iceman1 said:

Hey guys, 

Today, There was a status update on my I-485 " Case was transferred to another office". Is this same as transferred to a local office or does this mean something different? 

It means what is mentioned Is a general transfer update. 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
1 hour ago, neimovirna said:

time line

i360 filed February 2019

EAD c31 May 22nd 2020

I am in NYC

WOW 

Congratulations 🎈🎉🎊 

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

On 7/31/2020 at 5:50 AM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

So sorry you are going through this! Sounds typical of USCIS! All over the place..a mess! Unfortunately if you're undergoing security checks, you'll just have to be patient as there's little you or anyone can do about it! Just crazy..but it's always resolved at some point. Wait for it dear!👍

Thank you, Still winning for your kind words. But what I really think is that they want to deny my case, but they can't find a suitable excuse and just wait when I would make a mistake. But what is strange is that they readily and always in time sent me PF and work permits. When I asked them, they approved my AP in one week. But, you see, you said that you can do nothing about background check. But the point is that they constantly contradict themselves when answering the Congressman's inquiries - background check - no background check (routine processing) - then again their answer is background check. I don't know what they smoke down there in Vermont. They transferred my i485 but never sent me the note. When I inquired them where they sent it the answer was they are completing the adjudication. Folks get approved within a year or so. But not 3 years. I think 3 years of any background check are enough to disclose any smart ### spy.

Timeline
1 hour ago, neimovirna said:

time line

i360 filed February 2019

EAD c31 May 22nd 2020

I am in NYC

Congratulations 🎶

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Evasn said:

Hi Everyone ,

My case was approved January 27, 2020 (filed June , 2018 ) Do you know how long it takes to get an interview in NY after approved VAWA ? I've heard now it takes 24 months to be scheduled. 

@sandranj could you please advise if thats the case with 24months to wait for an interview in NY? 

Thank you All 

I am waiting my interview for 12 months now in NY. The only answer that they give is that as soon as they have a date to schedule it , they will notify me. Some cases they are waiving the interview, but we don’t know for sure if that will be the case or when they will schedule the interview. Patience, and keep renewing your EAD/AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.