2,967 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Evasn said:

Thank you for your respond.Yes i agree it's a mess. I never got any updates that the case was sent to NY , only according to my attn "when I checked last time I think it was sent in March" . But when I check case status online all it says " fingerprints were taken", same note from 2018 . Btw when you attended the interview did you have to bring all the copies of affidavits, statements , retainers and etc or just ID and your passport ? 

When you attend your interview, be sure to go with original copies of all salient documents. Marriage certificate, birth certificate ETC Including the i.d and passport you mentioned. You do not need statements from witnesses as it's already been adjudicated by VSC (i360). Your focus should be i485 related!👍

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

This usually refers to NBC or local office! I got successive updates..first NBC then local office. Sometimes you only get one update..usually when it gets to the local office!😊👍

Awesome, thanks! Let's see how long it takes for the interview. 🙏😇

17 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

When you attend your interview, be sure to go with original copies of all salient documents. Marriage certificate, birth certificate ETC Including the i.d and passport you mentioned. You do not need statements from witnesses as it's already been adjudicated by VSC (i360). Your focus should be i485 related!👍

thank you 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

The delay is obviously pandemic related. Hopefully things look up soon.🙏

Thanks @Stillwinning!!!😊 I do hope too❤

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, Angor said:

they constantly contradict themselves when answering the Congressman's inquiries - background check - no background check (routine processing) - then again their answer is background check.

Security checks are conducted by multiple agencies (no one knows which or what for or why).  One agency can finish its check while another is conducting its -- and the first check can expire when the second is still going on.  No one (not even consular officers) knows the details.  It's frustrating, but it's the government, so efficiency and coordination might be in question.  Keep the faith.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

49 minutes ago, Yeap said:

I need help so bad. My Husband has sent message to withdraw his petition. Have not filled vawa yet. My documents are not completed. 

What do you want to know? It shouldn't affect you.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

50 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Security checks are conducted by multiple agencies (no one knows which or what for or why).  One agency can finish its check while another is conducting its -- and the first check can expire when the second is still going on.  No one (not even consular officers) knows the details.  It's frustrating, but it's the government, so efficiency and coordination might be in question.  Keep the faith.

According to you, I will never clear the background check since the first expires when they do the third one. And it's not the frustration what people feel and what the immigration love to call it, it is a sense of depression, hopelessness and despair accumulating with years of waiting. These petitions used to take 4 months to adjudicate, not 3 years. I have no crimes on my record here and there. My name is rare. Only 2 guys in the States have the same name. I know they call it a privilege to get anything here. But I want to hear yes or no, since it's a matter of principle now, because now I know that the immigration services have departed too far away from the laws they adopted themselves. They just want us out. Once it was a service, now it's not. You know what it is now.

Filed: Other Timeline
4 minutes ago, Angor said:

According to you, I will never clear the background check since the first expires when they do the third one. And it's not the frustration what people feel and what the immigration love to call it, it is a sense of depression, hopelessness and despair accumulating with years of waiting. These petitions used to take 4 months to adjudicate, not 3 years. I have no crimes on my record here and there. My name is rare. Only 2 guys in the States have the same name. I know they call it a privilege to get anything here. But I want to hear yes or no, since it's a matter of principle now, because now I know that the immigration services have departed too far away from the laws they adopted themselves. They just want us out. Once it was a service, now it's not. You know what it is now.

Please calm down and try not to think over it so much okay. My case was same way close to 2 years with over 3 years in total processing time for just the 360. This isn't to let you lose hope and always have the encouragement that every beginning has an end.

In the end things moved faster than I could think of whereby my 485 interview was completed before my 360 approval -3 months down the line.

Please if you can, engage yourself with work, school or a hobby and don't forget prayers work timely.

May God 🙏 help and bless us all in our life hurdles.

Filed: Timeline
7 minutes ago, Angor said:

I am sorry you are struggling so much. Please hang in there. You need to have faith. Sometimes things are hard but we persevere. Its okay to feel depressed and discouraged but when you do you need to dig deep and pull through. We try to keep the VAWA thread positive to encourage and support others. Perhaps read through and stories here from others can inspire you! 

I can give you links or information on the background check process if you think it would help ease your concerns but honestly theres nothing you can do about how long it takes. The US checks are done very quickly- its the international checks that can cause delays. They are looking for your name anywhere in the world. Not just your name as its spelled but variations and phonetic spelling. They also look in any case where the name is even mentioned. Most of this is on paper documents that need to be shipped from office to office as they are needed. 

14 hours ago, Godschild said:

Good morning beauties,

I just got the notification that my I-360 has been approved. I received my C31 a month ago and this morning case approved. I hope to see transfer update soon and hopefully great news for Dec. My local office is super fast, so I’m praying for 2020 victory. God is good men. 

Awesome .... congratulations 🎈🎊 

@here Anybody is getting any interview for I-485  in this pandemic ? I haven't heard about any news about green card with interview  for a long time . 

1 hour ago, Yeap said:

Am scared they will put me  on deportation 

They don't normally chase after people in our situation. With a clear criminal record it's actually pretty damn hard to end up in removal proceedings and there are cases where you want to end up there (e.g. to apply for Cancellation of Removal).

Even if you somehow do end up in removal proceedings you'll get continuances until the a decision on the I-360 is made and the judge can approve I-485. Hell, I'm myself technically in removal proceedings (currently admin closed) and I'm debating whether I should try to convince ICE to agree to a termination or just recalendar and file I-485 with the court once my I-360 is approved. On one side going through USCIS you won't have the ICE attorney nitpicking your application on the other hand I-485 has serious backlogs with USCIS these days so it might be faster to do it via the courts.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.