2,967 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Wolf2020 said:

hi @Stillwinning!!!😊 and everyone here i hope you doing well

you remember i got i765 c31 approved on july/22nd 

when do you think i will get vawa approved or my case transfer to local office i filed in aug/2018

I'm envisaging sometime this month..then case transfer can happen simultaneously..if not next month. I'll have to be the adjudicating officer to tell you precisely how I will process your case lol😀 so it's just an estimation..and a prayer! You did it already..hold on..👍

1 hour ago, NICOLA2017 said:

He is here .

So I'm thinking you file the I-130 for him..so he can adjust status using the famous I-485 just like our spouses once petitioned for us before they went monster mode or is it beast mode on us..whatever!💁 So yeah looks like that's what you need to do ma'am!👍

Hi guys, I received this mail from USCIS today. Just wandering if anyone has received this type of letter and what it means. Any contribution will be well appreciated. Thank you

A6066C22-E876-4DF5-A082-11979BB3665F.jpeg

5 minutes ago, God's son said:

Hi guys, I received this mail from USCIS today. Just wandering if anyone has received this type of letter and what it means. Any contribution will be well appreciated. Thank you

Hi..yes I've received a letter like this from Laura. It happened after a series of enquiries was made on the status of my case..so this is VSC reiterating their privacy policy! It's no cause for alarm whatsoever! Chilax😊👍

54 minutes ago, God's son said:

Hahaha I have received like 4 letters from my dear friend Laura. She probably knows me by now.

Anyways. This letter means Vawa petitioners would only get information about their cases through the following:

1. your attorney if you have one

2. your senator if you inquire through him/her

3. You if you (1) don’t have attorney, and (2) you WRITE A LETTER to Vermont

Just make sure you sign the letter with same signature you gave in your case submission form.

4 hours ago, God's son said:

Ah yes the VAWA privacy protections, you know, the thing that is supposed to protect you from your abuser snooping around is instead used to make case inquiries burdensome.

Basically you cannot request information regarding a VAWA case online or over the phone. Either your lawyer has to write to the VSC (attach G-28 for good measure), or your congressman/senator has to write to the VSC (they have to get a signed release form under the Privacy Act of 1974 in order to be able to inquire), or you yourself have to write to the VSC to ask what's taking so long.

What's interesting is that when I did a FOIA for my entire A-file the entire VAWA case was there with relatively few redactions (initial I-360, RFE response, and some internal documents like the rubric they use for prima facie determinations) and yeah I submitted that thing online.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

5 hours ago, Demise said:

Ah yes the VAWA privacy protections, you know, the thing that is supposed to protect you from your abuser snooping around is instead used to make case inquiries burdensome.

Basically you cannot request information regarding a VAWA case online or over the phone. Either your lawyer has to write to the VSC (attach G-28 for good measure), or your congressman/senator has to write to the VSC (they have to get a signed release form under the Privacy Act of 1974 in order to be able to inquire), or you yourself have to write to the VSC to ask what's taking so long.

What's interesting is that when I did a FOIA for my entire A-file the entire VAWA case was there with relatively few redactions (initial I-360, RFE response, and some internal documents like the rubric they use for prima facie determinations) and yeah I submitted that thing online.

In a nutshell PRIVACY!😊👍

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

In a nutshell PRIVACY!😊👍

. Thanks @Stillwinning!!!😊 and @Demise

When I applied for Vawa in 2018, I had a pending I-130 and I-485(Mar 2017) case, of which I attended the interview with my spouse on(Jan 2018) and I was awaiting a decision. The abuse and threats were becoming too much, so my lawyer advised I apply for Vawa(August 2018). She applied for I-360 and another I-485.

On March 2020, I received a notice that my I-130 has been approved(after 3 years), and an update on the I-485(interview was completed and my case must be reviewed) that was when I realized that I had 2 I-485’s in the system. I told my lawyer and she said everything  was fine. The SR I put in was for the I-485 associated with the I-130 being outside the processing time(over 3 years) and to my utmost surprise this is the letter I received from them from the Vermont office. My Vawa has been pending for over 2 years(Aug 2018).

Can anyone relate to this. I am not sure how this may affect my case with the I-485 from my marriage ending up with VAWA. Which means I have two I-485’s with VAWA. I recently received another prima facie for my Vawa case.

Also, kindly suggest what kind of roadmap I can follow to get my congressman/senator make an enquiry for me, as this pertains to 2 different cases. 

All suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

006B961B-6F85-4E50-9BB1-8D6269A4FBC0.jpeg

1 hour ago, God's son said:

. Thanks @Stillwinning!!!😊 and @Demise

When I applied for Vawa in 2018, I had a pending I-130 and I-485(Mar 2017) case, of which I attended the interview with my spouse on(Jan 2018) and I was awaiting a decision. The abuse and threats were becoming too much, so my lawyer advised I apply for Vawa(August 2018). She applied for I-360 and another I-485.

On March 2020, I received a notice that my I-130 has been approved(after 3 years), and an update on the I-485(interview was completed and my case must be reviewed) that was when I realized that I had 2 I-485’s in the system. I told my lawyer and she said everything  was fine. The SR I put in was for the I-485 associated with the I-130 being outside the processing time(over 3 years) and to my utmost surprise this is the letter I received from them from the Vermont office. My Vawa has been pending for over 2 years(Aug 2018).

Can anyone relate to this. I am not sure how this may affect my case with the I-485 from my marriage ending up with VAWA. Which means I have two I-485’s with VAWA. I recently received another prima facie for my Vawa case.

Also, kindly suggest what kind of roadmap I can follow to get my congressman/senator make an enquiry for me, as this pertains to 2 different cases. 

All suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

006B961B-6F85-4E50-9BB1-8D6269A4FBC0.jpeg

I am so over those crooked attorneys trying to milk funds from vulnerable petitioners who are apparently distressed! Your attorney knows one i485 is what you need..he could have adviced USCIS about your pending VAWA and asked that your i485 be held in abeyance (linked to your VAWA) pending when it is approved. So I'm thinking..USCIS might approve the i485 with your spouse independently since they weren't instructed or updated as they should. I feel it's not too late for your attorney to fill USCIS in on the situation...(updated info) or it might all turn out alright..like a win win..💁I just hope I'm making sense coz I feel a lil dizzy..😴

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Oh congratulations! Moving forward!😀👍🌟💫🙌

@Stillwinning!!!😊 So does this mean they didn’t need additional info? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

For the i360..no as it's concluded already! Let's see if they'll request for any evidence on your i485..mostly birth certificate..or medical update.👍

My lawyer send all the in a packet... my original birth certificate my medical and also original marriage certificate. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.