2,967 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, John_ said:

I am waiting myΒ interview for 12 months nowΒ in NY. The only answer that they give is that as soon as they have a date toΒ schedule it , they will notify me. Some cases they are waiving the interview, but we don’t know for sure if that will be the case or when they will schedule the interview. Patience, and keep renewing your EAD/AP.

Do you know how to check if the case was transferred to NY from Vermont ?Β 

3 minutes ago, Evasn said:

By making an inquiry either in writing to Vermont, or using the help of your congressman.Β 

1 hour ago, Angor said:

Thank you, Still winning for your kind words. But what I really think is that they want to deny my case, but they can't find a suitable excuse and just wait when I would make a mistake. But what is strange is that they readily and always in time sent me PF and work permits. When I asked them, they approved my AP in one week. But, you see, you said that you can do nothing about background check. But the point is that they constantly contradict themselves when answering the Congressman's inquiries - background check - no background check (routine processing) - then again their answer is background check. I don't know what they smoke down there in Vermont. They transferred my i485 but never sent me the note. When I inquired them where they sent it the answer was they are completing the adjudication. Folks get approved within a year or so. But not 3 years. I think 3 years of any background check are enough to disclose any smart ### spy.

Oh dear! Phew! I actually hollered at the part were you said you're not sure what they smoke 🚬 out there in VSC LMAO!😸😸 but that is actually the case with some petitioners here..they waited up to 3yrs to scale through! It's nothing personal..or like you wrote up there..πŸ‘† you will still be approved..this is just an unfortunate delay. Hold on strong you'll get there.πŸ˜˜πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

10 minutes ago, Evasn said:

When they transfer, you're usually updated..but sometimes not..so yeah in this circumstance, you can enquire through your representative..or write to VSC. Goodluck hun!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

2 hours ago, neimovirna said:

hi,

my lawyer did the same, he asked the USCIS to hold my pending i485 form. And at that time I had EAD c09 pending as well. I guess USCIS did hold my i485 because 6 months later I got my EAD c09. and then, a year later I got my EAD c31 (and I didn't file for it, Β USCISΒ just sent it to me

Usually when the i360 is approved, you get the c31 card. Congrats..it's moving along!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

2 hours ago, neimovirna said:

OMG, guys, I just received an update that My case is approved!😁

time line

i360 filed February 2019

1st Prima Facie March 2019

2nd Prima Facie March 2020

EAD c31 May 22nd 2020

i360 Approved August 6, 2020

I am in NYC

Β 

Wow! 2019! Impressive and congrats again! Now you can focus on the GC interview!πŸŒŸβœ¨πŸ™ŒπŸ˜Š

2 hours ago, Evasn said:

Hi Everyone ,

Β 

My case was approved January 27, 2020 (filed JuneΒ , 2018Β ) Do you know how long it takes to get an interview in NYΒ after approved VAWA ? I've heard now it takes 24 months to be scheduled.Β 

@sandranjΒ could you please advise if thats the case with 24monthsΒ to wait for an interviewΒ in NY?Β 

Thank you AllΒ 

In earnest, it's totally different for everyone..I say this because I'm in N.Y. as well..and there were people waiting before me..I have my GC now and they're still waiting! It's particularly crazy here...my i360 was approved March 2019, i485 was moved June 2019 July 2019 I got the courtesy letter to update medicals..got my interview letter in January 2020 scheduled for March..got approved same day and Greencard in the mail days later!πŸ‘

1 hour ago, Iceman1 said:

Hey guys,Β 

Β 

Today, There was aΒ status update on my I-485 " CaseΒ was transferred to another office". Is this same as transferred to a local office or does this mean something different?Β 

This usually refers to NBC or local office! I got successive updates..first NBC then local office. Sometimes you only get one update..usually when it gets to the local office!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

1 hour ago, John_ said:

I am waiting myΒ interview for 12 months nowΒ in NY. The only answer that they give is that as soon as they have a date toΒ schedule it , they will notify me. Some cases they are waiving the interview, but we don’t know for sure if that will be the case or when they will schedule the interview. Patience, and keep renewing your EAD/AP.

thank you ,that's literally what I think to do if now we never know when we get an interviewΒ 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, John_ said:

I have being waiting 14 months from time of i485 transferred for a interview. ., these offices going at snail paste ...just slow...but I guess there is nothing we can do..just hope and prayπŸ™ πŸ™ŒπŸ‘β€

52 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

In earnest, it's totally different for everyone..I say this because I'm in N.Y. as well..and there were people waiting before me..I have my GC now and they're still waiting! It's particularly crazy here...my i360 was approved March 2019, i485 was moved June 2019 July 2019 I got the courtesy letter to update medicals..got my interview letter in January 2020 scheduled for March..got approved same day and Greencard in the mail days later!πŸ‘

Thank you for your respond.Yes i agree it's a mess. I never got any updates that the case was sent to NY , only according to my attn "when I checked last time I think it was sent in March" . But when I check case status online all it says " fingerprints were taken", same note from 2018 . Btw when you attended the interview did you have to bringΒ all the copies of affidavits, statements , retainers and etc or just ID and your passport ?Β 

2 minutes ago, MarSam701 said:

I have being waiting 14 months from time of i485 transferred for a interview. ., these offices going at snail paste ...just slow...but I guess there is nothing we can do..just hope and prayπŸ™ πŸ™ŒπŸ‘β€

Oh wow that's insane. Have you tried to make an appointment with a congressman ? I mean before pandemicΒ 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Evasn said:

Oh wow that's insane. Have you tried to make an appointment with a congressman ? I mean before pandemicΒ 

Yes I have, was told that my case is at my local office in que for interview date...and that was from January 6. 2020....just flipping crazy πŸ™†πŸ™†πŸ˜ΌπŸ˜Ώ. I am in Connecticut . right now all I can do is pray. ..πŸ™ŒπŸ‘β€

15 minutes ago, MarSam701 said:

Yes I have, was told that my case is at my local office in que for interview date...and that was from January 6. 2020....just flipping crazy πŸ™†πŸ™†πŸ˜ΌπŸ˜Ώ. I am in Connecticut . right now all I can do is pray. ..πŸ™ŒπŸ‘β€

The delay is obviously pandemic related. Hopefully things look up soon.πŸ™

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.