2,967 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody!!! I need some insight. As few of you know my i360 was recently approved. And also, I already received the approval notice for C09 EAD and i131 but still waiting for the combo card.

I do have a question today an update on my EAD about fingerprints taken. Is this normal? It seems to be backwards they already approved my EAD. Just making sure everything is in order. Thank you as always!20200806_093554.thumb.jpg.2663c80dc22919e3392557fbddb016b5.jpg

Just now, Godschild said:

Good morning beauties,

I just got the notification that my I-360 has been approved. I received my C31 a month ago and this morning case approved. I hope to see transfer update soon and hopefully great news for Dec. My local office is super fast, so I’m praying for 2020 victory. God is good men. 

Congratulations!

5 minutes ago, cindy122808 said:

Hi Everybody!!! I need some insight. As few of you know my i360 was recently approved. And also, I already received the approval notice for C09 EAD and i131 but still waiting for the combo card.

I do have a question today an update on my EAD about fingerprints taken. Is this normal? It seems to be backwards they already approved my EAD. Just making sure everything is in order. Thank you as always!20200806_093554.thumb.jpg.2663c80dc22919e3392557fbddb016b5.jpg

Very normal..if you've been observing closely here, you'll find that this particular update is common. They'll be using your biometrics in file..rest easy hun!😊👍

2 minutes ago, Godschild said:

Good morning beauties,

I just got the notification that my I-360 has been approved. I received my C31 a month ago and this morning case approved. I hope to see transfer update soon and hopefully great news for Dec. My local office is super fast, so I’m praying for 2020 victory. God is good men. 

Truly a child of God! Thank God for this testimony! Congratulations my dear! More wins!🙌🌟😊🙏

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Very normal..if you've been observing closely here, you'll find that this particular update is common. They'll be using your biometrics in file..rest easy hun!😊👍

Truly a child of God! Thank God for this testimony! Congratulations my dear! More wins!🙌🌟😊🙏

Amen my sister, amen. That trip in 2021 is coming. 

6 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊 ur such a great help in this place😘

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/5/2020 at 11:06 AM, msMaya said:

Hello Family,

I got the response below from my congressman. Can anyone please explain if they got something similar? How do I respond to this please. Any assistance will be appreciated...

As you know, my staff and I have been working to assist you. I am enclosing a copy of the final response to the inquiry we made on your behalf. I hope the response will be helpful to you.

USCIS states:

"This email is in reference to your inquiry on behalf of (my name) The existing privacy release is good. We are requesting a privacy waiver of Section 1367. This means that the applicant must expressly state that she or he will waive 8 USC Section 1367 so that we can release their information to you. 

Their waiver should contain a written acknowledgement stating: 

• that 8 USC Section 1367 confidentiality protections prevent the disclosure of the applicant’s information; 
  • that each of the applicants and beneficiaries related to the case are all adults; 
  • and that by each applicant and beneficiary signing the waiver and release, they knowingly waive their Section 1367 confidentiality protections, and are permitting the Member of Congress and staff to be the new custodian of this information"

Your congressman should have had you sign a privacy waiver when you signed their paperwork.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

1 hour ago, Godschild said:

How long after approval did you get this 

I was approved on July 20th even though the letter states my I-360 was approved on March 24th. I received the approval notice on July 28th and on August 5th the case was transferred to another office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Sharshar42 said:

I was approved on July 20th even though the letter states my I-360 was approved on March 24th. I received the approval notice on July 28th and on August 5th the case was transferred to another office.

Thank you my dear. This helps me to have a sort of timeline. I just received my status update to approved today, so hopefully I’ll get the same update as you next week.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
3 hours ago, Godschild said:

Good morning beauties,

Congratulations :dance:

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Hi everyone! I spoke today with one of the lawyers and they told me that when I file my i-360 and ask to hold i-485 in abeyance, they might reject my current c09 EAD and the extension for it that I filed in June. She also said I might need to include c31 EAD application in the initial i-360 package which costs ~$500. Has anyone had their c09 EAD rejected when they filed a i360 case? And then only got their c31 EAD in 2 years when VAWA gets approved?

10 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

Hi everyone! I spoke today with one of the lawyers and they told me that when I file my i-360 and ask to hold i-485 in abeyance, they might reject my current c09 EAD and the extension for it that I filed in June. She also said I might need to include c31 EAD application in the initial i-360 package which costs ~$500. Has anyone had their c09 EAD rejected when they filed a i360 case? And then only got their c31 EAD in 2 years when VAWA gets approved?

This is not true, If your I-485 was held in abeyance you can still renew your EAD, the difference is you need to sent your renewals to Vermont Service Center with a copy of your held I-485 receipt.  I am in this same situation and i have renewed my EAD C09 base on my held I-485 twice with no problem in Vermont Office.  Also there is no need to include I-765 C31 form with I-360, because in the I-360 form you can choose the option to received an EAD after approval. Clarify this to your attorney, i have a feeling she may sent your renewal to NBC... 

Edited by FeDaniela

6 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

This is not true, If your I-485 was held in abeyance you can still renew your EAD, the difference is you need to sent your renewals to Vermont Service Center with a copy of your held I-485 receipt.  I am in this same situation and i have renewed my EAD C09 base on my held I-485 twice with no problem in Vermont Office.  Also there is no need to include I-765 C31 form with I-360, because in the I-360 form you can choose the option to received an EAD after approval. Clarify this to your attorney, i have a feeling she may sent your renewal to NBC... 

Very helpful. I think what she was scared is for my request to hold in abeyance to be denied and therefore having c09 EAD denied. Do you know if that ever happens that the request to hold i-485 gets denied?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.