dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2020

564 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, David G said:

It must be a Latin America thing. We sent and expedite request to NVC and  they answered this:

"Good Day:

Thank you for your patience. We sent your request to the U.S. Embassy in Bogota, Colombia. However, they cannot expedite this case. To be fair to all applicants, the Department of State schedules immigrant visa interviews in the order that the cases complete processing at the NVC.

We will continue to work with you on this case. After we receive and review the documents, we will schedule a visa interview appointment."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And I don’t get it, our case is complete. we are already DQ since April 21. Maybe it is a general response  because they don’t have to review any document.

We are thinking to send the email directly to the embassy but we don’t want them to get angry or something. We don’t know. 

That’s the very same email I got, copy and paste. I feel that they just quickly look thru the email to see what we want and just slap an automated email as a response. As far as emailing the embassy directly, in my experience it won’t help. I emailed them after NVC said no and the embassy just sent me a automated response saying I need to contact NVC....... even though I had already said that in my email 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️ . As far as reviewing documents it’s nothing to worry about, they told me the same thing. 
Honestly I’m gonna do another request in 2 weeks. I find it absurd that groups of 60 thousand people can protest and thousands not wearing a mask and the government will allow them that constitutional right, yet we can’t get an interview between 3 people and bring our family home. (FYI I support non violent protest so please don’t turn this into a “how dare you not support the cause” kinda thing.) Also it irritates me that some people have emailed some embassies as the IS citizen saying they need an emergency passport just to get in and once in there they ask for the embassy to do the interview for their spouse. (that’s what I was told). 

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

57 minutes ago, Louis61404 said:

I don't think so.  But even getting an expedited interview would be great for you, because you can get the visa and travel immediately after the borders open.

David and I are both using the Bogota embassy as our home embassy because we're from Venezuela.  So, we are not currently in Colombia, making an expedited interview impossible.

Countries like the Philippines expedite at the NVC stage if you have a runny nose.  Bogota seems to be quite strict on expediting at the NVC stage, and I imagine will be the same for an expedited interview.  I doubt I would qualify anyway, regardless of the border situation. 

I'm in NY and hubby in Colombia.. would really like to attend the interview at Embassy with him, but I'm just assuming it will after Aug 31st. 

Let's be hopeful they will start scheduling appointments soon and that they'll consider re-opening the borders!

2 minutes ago, MegMarc said:

Wow we’re on very similar paths! Do you know by any chance what we should expect next? 

Im not a 100% sure, but I believe we will get a letter (eventually) that will tell us to set an appointment at the embassy and schedule medical. But i believe no letters are being sent out until the embassies reopen. 

26 minutes ago, AarLar said:

@Rosie91@MegMarc, i emailed the embassy to see if they had a tentative start date planned for the interviews. So we will see what they come up with.

We are all very close!! Thanks for sending the email! Curious what they will say.

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

7 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hey David,

Yes, it really depends on the Embassy and who deals with your file. Treatment can defer so much from one case to another, it is great for those beneficiating from it but very frustrating for the others...

If I were you, I would definitely write a small message to your Embassy. It doesn't cost anything and I cannot imagine it will annoy them.

Good luck 😉

Merci!

2 hours ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

That’s the very same email I got, copy and paste. I feel that they just quickly look thru the email to see what we want and just slap an automated email as a response. As far as emailing the embassy directly, in my experience it won’t help. I emailed them after NVC said no and the embassy just sent me a automated response saying I need to contact NVC....... even though I had already said that in my email 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️ . As far as reviewing documents it’s nothing to worry about, they told me the same thing. 
Honestly I’m gonna do another request in 2 weeks. I find it absurd that groups of 60 thousand people can protest and thousands not wearing a mask and the government will allow them that constitutional right, yet we can’t get an interview between 3 people and bring our family home. (FYI I support non violent protest so please don’t turn this into a “how dare you not support the cause” kinda thing.) Also it irritates me that some people have emailed some embassies as the IS citizen saying they need an emergency passport just to get in and once in there they ask for the embassy to do the interview for their spouse. (that’s what I was told). 

Don’t worry, we are not here to discuss anything that is not regarding our immigration journey. 
 thank you. 

4 hours ago, Louis61404 said:

I thought about trying the same with Bogota, but our problem is going to be that even if they do accept, the international borders are closed until August 31st.    I don't think they'd give me an expedited interview anyway during the limited services, but the border makes it impossible.

I’ve been checking the embassy website and they only post about humanitarian flight, no when they are going to reopen.

I am not in Venezuela. I left last year during "el apagón". I’m in mexico and they haven’t close the airports. The thing is Colombia that they haven’t reopened the airports. 

14 minutes ago, MegMarc said:

🤞🏻 I hope they know something 

Haha im sure they know something, whether or not they are willing to share with me/us is a different story! 🙄

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, David G said:

Don’t worry, we are not here to discuss anything that is not regarding our immigration journey. 
 thank you. 

No Worries. By the way,  I wasn't directing the political part towards you (I've seen your demeanor on here and know you're peaceful haha.) I was just leaving a general statement to anyone who might read my comment and get upset about whatever. Lets hope South America gets it together and opens the embassies at least....I even told my wife that I would fly to Brazil tomorrow if they gave a interview and ill wear a full hazmat suit if they asked just to get the visa. POR DIOS!!!!! haha

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

1 hour ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

No Worries. By the way,  I wasn't directing the political part towards you (I've seen your demeanor on here and know you're peaceful haha.) I was just leaving a general statement to anyone who might read my comment and get upset about whatever. Lets hope South America gets it together and opens the embassies at least....I even told my wife that I would fly to Brazil tomorrow if they gave a interview and ill wear a full hazmat suit if they asked just to get the visa. POR DIOS!!!!! haha

Thank you! Yes, I know it wasn’t directed towards me. 

My husband wants to travel with me to Bogotá and attend to the interview too. In Bogotá the allow the petitioner to go in with the applicant. But Colombia will resume international flight on September 1. 😓

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, geraldineacevedo1 said:

I'm in NY and hubby in Colombia.. would really like to attend the interview at Embassy with him, but I'm just assuming it will after Aug 31st. 

Let's be hopeful they will start scheduling appointments soon and that they'll consider re-opening the borders!

Hey! In Canada, spouses are not allowed at the interview or in the embassy before the interview. I am not sure it is the same in Columbia, but might be worth investigating before you book travel!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.