dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2020

564 posts in this topic

Just now, Tin4ik1990 said:

From a FB group about the Frankfurt consulate I actually have seen a few people getting interviews and apparently not only emergencies. But I'll just wait til I hear from them. 

That's great news, maybe they handle it differently there.

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, MlgSea said:

Hi! May 4th NVC submission date, May 26th documentarily qualified.

Unfortunately I can't and won't be coming in for an embassy interview until mid-December, as that is when my 212(e) home residency requirement will be done..

hey, 

have you been on a J visa? 
i was an aupair from 2017 to end of 2018 but i dont have the 2 year residency marked? is that different than your dsform  and visa? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, Tin4ik1990 said:

We sent out an email with a few reasons. Mostly emotional hardship, we can't visit each other due to travel restrictions and our work places, long wait already...

But every consulate decides differently.

Congratulations. I sent a request 2 weeks ago for the same reason and also that I help take care of my mom but the embassy in Brazil denied it saying it would be unfair for those who are waiting for rescheduled interviews. Honestly I wanna send another request, but I don’t want to upset them either. 
ive been DQ since Feb..... we can’t take this anymore. We were almost there. 

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

Congratulations. I sent a request 2 weeks ago for the same reason and also that I help take care of my mom but the embassy in Brazil denied it saying it would be unfair for those who are waiting for rescheduled interviews. Honestly I wanna send another request, but I don’t want to upset them either. 
ive been DQ since Feb..... we can’t take this anymore. We were almost there. 

Sorry that yours didn't work. Each embassy is different.

04/23/19: got married in Florida

06/03/19: sent I-130

06/06/19: received NOA1

09/26/19: sent K-3

04/17/20: received NOA2

05/21/20: received case number NVC

05/27/20: sent expedite request

05/29/20: expedite request aprroved

05/29/20: case sent to Frankfurt embassy

06/02/20: case arrived in Frankfurt

06/04/20: Interview schedules for...

06/16/20: Interview - Approved!!! :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Tin4ik1990 said:

From a FB group about the Frankfurt consulate I actually have seen a few people getting interviews and apparently not only emergencies. But I'll just wait til I hear from them. 

Would you please share the link of that group? Thanks in advance 🌸

4 hours ago, Tschuulia said:

hey, 

have you been on a J visa? 
i was an aupair from 2017 to end of 2018 but i dont have the 2 year residency marked? is that different than your dsform  and visa? 

Yes, I was a Fulbright scholar so the 2-year residency requirement does apply to my case..

Congrats to those who have had interviews scheduled!!

We were documentarily qualified after 25 days of submitting to NVC (I am in NY & my husband in Colombia).😊

I believe the Colombian Embassy is open and they're working remotely, but I'm not sure how to find out if they're scheduling/conducting interviews?

Also, borders are closed at the moment to enter Colombia and I don't think I would be able to travel anyway, even if our interview was scheduled!  Anyone else in a similar situation?

15 hours ago, geraldineacevedo1 said:

We were documentarily qualified after 25 days of submitting to NVC (I am in NY & my husband in Colombia).😊

I believe the Colombian Embassy is open and they're working remotely, but I'm not sure how to find out if they're scheduling/conducting interviews?

Also, borders are closed at the moment to enter Colombia and I don't think I would be able to travel anyway, even if our interview was scheduled!  Anyone else in a similar situation?

I am waiting for Colombia as well, but they're definitely not scheduling interviews at the moment.  The situation in Colombia seems to be getting worse daily as well (just like most countries in Central/South America) so I am not optimistic they'll start scheduling soon.

As you mentioned, Duque announce the international borders closed until August 31st - hoping that won't affect the embassy maybe opening sometime in July for interviews.  Colombia has some of the fastest interview times after DQ in the non covid world, so hopefully we won't have to wait too long once it reopens. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
17 hours ago, geraldineacevedo1 said:

Me!!! My husband is in Colombia and I am NY as well. I'm very concerned about them having closed their borders through end of August.. I was planning on attending the interview. I also have all the original documents needed for the interview, and you know how bad the postal system is there so I wouldn't want to mail them. I keep checking but the embassy has posted nothing about interviews yet. Do you think once they are granted the visa, they would be able to take one of the humanitarian flights here that Colombia is offering?

10 minutes ago, Katie & Camilo said:

Me!!! My husband is in Colombia and I am NY as well. I'm very concerned about them having closed their borders through end of August.. I was planning on attending the interview. I also have all the original documents needed for the interview, and you know how bad the postal system is there so I wouldn't want to mail them. I keep checking but the embassy has posted nothing about interviews yet. Do you think once they are granted the visa, they would be able to take one of the humanitarian flights here that Colombia is offering?

I actually saw someone ask the US Embassy Bogota Twitter account a similar question, and they said responded from the official account this: "Humanitarian flights operated by Spirit Airlines have been made available to allow US citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (LPR) to return to the United States."

15 minutes ago, Katie & Camilo said:

Speaking of the official US Embassy Bogota Twitter account, in the last 24 hours they have responded to a few tweets from people asking about when visa services will resume with the generic "We will resume as soon possible, but are unable to provide a date."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Everyone! So I got a DQ email on May 6th and celebrated. Turns out today I logged in to the CEAC website and found there were actually 2 messages but couldn't open them. So I called NVC and the attendant told me that all docs were approved (that was message #1) but I don't meet the required minimal income requirement (message #2) and that it would be up to the CO's discretion to approve or deny. I had pretty robust evidence of income... but it is what it is...

I thought I was DQ'd and ready to go... so I was SHOCKED to hear this and couldn't even articulate.

Does this mean I should get a joint sponsor and resubmit to NVC or get a joint sponsor and take the paperwork to the interview, in case they ask?
I can't even think straight. So upset.

😔

Make sure you log into the website to see if there are no unread messages...

27 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Hi Everyone! So I got a DQ email on May 6th and celebrated. Turns out today I logged in to the CEAC website and found there were actually 2 messages but couldn't open them. So I called NVC and the attendant told me that all docs were approved (that was message #1) but I don't meet the required minimal income requirement (message #2) and that it would be up to the CO's discretion to approve or deny. I had pretty robust evidence of income... but it is what it is...

I thought I was DQ'd and ready to go... so I was SHOCKED to hear this and couldn't even articulate.

Does this mean I should get a joint sponsor and resubmit to NVC or get a joint sponsor and take the paperwork to the interview, in case they ask?

😔

If you have the DQ e-mail, just take a co-sponsor to the interview, no need to reupload I believe. That'll just slow things down. 

On 6/1/2020 at 8:50 AM, ayestaci said:

I think I will do that, no harm in sending another polite email after 2 months asking again.

Thanks, and congrats again!

Update, I did send a polite e-mail asking if it was possible to forward an expedite request to the embassy yet, and they said yes and passed it on.

I'm not sure if things have changed or if it just depends on who gets the expedite request e-mail, but fingers crossed!

Edited by ayestaci

CR-1 VISA TIMELINE (LONDON EMBASSY)

26th May 2019 — Married 💕

12th July 2019 — I-130 sent

19th July 2019 — NOA1, assigned Potomac service center

17th March 2020 — NOA2!
21st March 2020 — NVC case number received, all fees paid
25th March 2020 — Fees accepted, DS-260 completed
26th March 2020 — All NVC documents submitted
19th May 2020 — DQ!
2nd June 2020 — Expedite requested (primarily medical reasons) 
5th June 2020 — Expedite approved by embassy
8th June 2020 — Case in transit NVC --> London

9th June 2020 — Call from London to schedule interview

16th June 2020 — Interview (221G, pending medical results, everything else fine)

17th June 2020 — Medical (mostly went well but something odd was showing on chest x-ray, cue stress)

22nd June 2020 — Medical confirmed all-clear and sent to embassy (P H E W)

2nd July 2020 — Visa status changed to issue, notification from courier

3rd July 2020 — Arrived at depot, informed I can't collect due to COVID-19 lockdown in Scotland. Had to get it rerouted (took a LOT of phonecalls)

4th July 2020 — Visa/passport received!

26 minutes ago, Hilde said:

😔

Don't worry too much. You have been DQ'ed and everything is up to AO anyway. There is no need to resubmit at this stage, whatever you want to "prove" do it during the interview stage. After all you said  you have robust evidence...

If it is clear (from the paperwork and history) that you will likely not become a public charge, then you are fine. It's not about crossing magic treshold number. Some people do and still get denied because other stuff doesn't check out.

if by the time of interview your (and sponsor's) situation improve, make sure to point that out (proof). If your situation deteriorates or you think it is worse that initially thought, then keep paperwork for joint sponsor handy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.