dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2020

564 posts in this topic

On 6/1/2020 at 1:02 PM, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

Congratulations. I sent a request 2 weeks ago for the same reason and also that I help take care of my mom but the embassy in Brazil denied it saying it would be unfair for those who are waiting for rescheduled interviews. Honestly I wanna send another request, but I don’t want to upset them either. 
ive been DQ since Feb..... we can’t take this anymore. We were almost there. 

It must be a Latin America thing. We sent and expedite request to NVC and  they answered this:

"Good Day:

Thank you for your patience. We sent your request to the U.S. Embassy in Bogota, Colombia. However, they cannot expedite this case. To be fair to all applicants, the Department of State schedules immigrant visa interviews in the order that the cases complete processing at the NVC.

We will continue to work with you on this case. After we receive and review the documents, we will schedule a visa interview appointment."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And I don’t get it, our case is complete. we are already DQ since April 21. Maybe it is a general response  because they don’t have to review any document.

We are thinking to send the email directly to the embassy but we don’t want them to get angry or something. We don’t know. 

Has anyone tried to make an account etc ahead of your embassy letter? I found the Official U.S. VISA information and appointment services Website, and would like to look at the calendar but you need an account.

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
On 6/1/2020 at 8:02 PM, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

been DQ since Feb..... we can’t take this anymore. We were almost there. 

Same here. 😥

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
13 hours ago, Hilde said:

I can't even think straight. So upset.

Hello Hilde,

How annoying.

You received the DQ email, that is great and that is that matters.

Do like the NVC person told you over the phone: at the interview, bring all the proof necessary and if you have good evidence of solid income, there is no reason to worry.

Now, if you think your income is not sufficient, then yes get a sponsor and bring the proof at the itw.

Let us know,

Take care,

Alix

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

Timeline
5 hours ago, David G said:

And I don’t get it, our case is complete. we are already DQ since April 21. Maybe it is a general response  because they don’t have to review any document.

We are thinking to send the email directly to the embassy but we don’t want them to get angry or something. We don’t know. 

Hey David,

Yes, it really depends on the Embassy and who deals with your file. Treatment can defer so much from one case to another, it is great for those beneficiating from it but very frustrating for the others...

If I were you, I would definitely write a small message to your Embassy. It doesn't cost anything and I cannot imagine it will annoy them.

Good luck 😉

9 hours ago, David G said:

It must be a Latin America thing. We sent and expedite request to NVC and  they answered this:

"Good Day:

Thank you for your patience. We sent your request to the U.S. Embassy in Bogota, Colombia. However, they cannot expedite this case. To be fair to all applicants, the Department of State schedules immigrant visa interviews in the order that the cases complete processing at the NVC.

We will continue to work with you on this case. After we receive and review the documents, we will schedule a visa interview appointment."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I thought about trying the same with Bogota, but our problem is going to be that even if they do accept, the international borders are closed until August 31st.    I don't think they'd give me an expedited interview anyway during the limited services, but the border makes it impossible.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
10 hours ago, David G said:

"Good Day:

We are also with Bogota embassy and I emailed them directly and only received an automated response basically saying everything already stated on their website.

22 hours ago, Katie & Camilo said:

Me!!! My husband is in Colombia and I am NY as well. I'm very concerned about them having closed their borders through end of August.. I was planning on attending the interview. I also have all the original documents needed for the interview, and you know how bad the postal system is there so I wouldn't want to mail them. I keep checking but the embassy has posted nothing about interviews yet. Do you think once they are granted the visa, they would be able to take one of the humanitarian flights here that Colombia is offering?

Great to know someone else in a similar situation as myself  - wheww!

I did not think of the humanitarian flights for our spouses... That would be great, if feasible! I see the Embassy is quite active on Instagram, twitter, etc. So, hopefully they'll be up and running soon.

54 minutes ago, Louis61404 said:

I thought about trying the same with Bogota, but our problem is going to be that even if they do accept, the international borders are closed until August 31st.    I don't think they'd give me an expedited interview anyway during the limited services, but the border makes it impossible.

I have thought of doing the same, but I find it unlikely that the embassy will expedite my interview.  Even if the borders are closed do you think Colombia would allow some sort of Travel exemption?

1 minute ago, geraldineacevedo1 said:

I have thought of doing the same, but I find it unlikely that the embassy will expedite my interview.  Even if the borders are closed do you think Colombia would allow some sort of Travel exemption?

I don't think so.  But even getting an expedited interview would be great for you, because you can get the visa and travel immediately after the borders open.

David and I are both using the Bogota embassy as our home embassy because we're from Venezuela.  So, we are not currently in Colombia, making an expedited interview impossible.

Countries like the Philippines expedite at the NVC stage if you have a runny nose.  Bogota seems to be quite strict on expediting at the NVC stage, and I imagine will be the same for an expedited interview.  I doubt I would qualify anyway, regardless of the border situation. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.