LeoUSA

Flights going back to normal

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I think you are touching on some good points.  Based on what is happening, we will come out of this with a "new" normal that unfortunately wont include a few existing players because they won't have the resources to make it back.

Exactly. AA struggled after 9/11 and probably wouldn't be here today had it not been for the merger with USAir. Interesting times for sure.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
17 hours ago, payxibka said:

Prediction based on my 10 years experience in the airline industry.   

Since this kind of event has never happened in US history, I doubt you have experience with it.  It's anyones guess when this will all be over.

Even the pros like Dr Anthony Fauci cant tell us when.

Edited by GregandNatty

Fully normal?  You are gonna wait a long while if you want normalcy.  That said, there will be some improvements in parts of the world in May one would assume.  China and South Korea are well within control and will likely allow already planned May schedules to resume.  International flights will stay about the same as they are now. A handful will slowly come back online, Qatar already added a few flights recently.  Most schedules are already planned out through the end of May, so it's unlikely already cancelled flights will come back online early, save a few that find an opportunity to help fill some gaps that are needed to get people home.

But most flights coming back online and tourism being freely available again?  Summer at best, Winter at worst.  Even if the US lifts the travel bans in Europe at the end of April, most flights are already cancelled, and it would be logically difficult to get the planes re-positioned, and staff back from furloughs or lay-offs, and it's unlikely there will be much, if any demand to fly.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, GregandNatty said:

Since this kind of event has never happened in US history, I doubt you have experience with it.  It's anyones guess when this will all be over.

Even the pros like Dr Anthony Fauci cant tell us when.

What part of AT THE EARLIEST do you not understand.   

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
11 hours ago, payxibka said:

What part of AT THE EARLIEST do you not understand.   

No offense meant friend.   We are all in this together.    

My reason for responding was to point out that none of us really knows when this will be over, so we shouldn't even try to give someone asking a question about timelines some hope about a given date.   We are all trying to get our loved ones here to the US to be with us and even before this virus it was stressful and a LONG process.   Now that this virus has hit, it really is anyones guess when things start moving again.   The embassies are mostly all closed, which has never happened in US History. 

Once this virus is under control, how long is it going to take to get all of these embassies back up and running and processing all of the backlog?   Who knows man.   

Personally, I'm mentally preparing myself to not expect a VISA before the end of 2020 for my wife and I'm at the NVC stage.   This is just me personally

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know eventually they will lift the bans, we've waited this long to be together we can make it however long it takes. I'm more worried about ticket prices once they do open up travel bans and flights again. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well people are still flying, I know somebody who flew back to the UK on Wednesday.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, Boiler said:

Well people are still flying, I know somebody who flew back to the UK on Wednesday.

How about To Canada? 

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

I don't feel like anyone can really predict how this is going to pan out. No-one can really make any plans for the next few months, maybe more. 

You can still travel if you are a citizen or permanent resident. They say that close family members can also travel, but when I flew back to USA just after Trump but the travel ban into place, I didn't see an option for close family at check in. I literally had to show my green card or USA passport. There was no other option to enter and no airline desks open for help. I was speaking with a woman who got to USA and was turned back to london, even though her husband was in USA and she had proof of marriage. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, proudtobabritgirl said:

I don't feel like anyone can really predict how this is going to pan out. No-one can really make any plans for the next few months, maybe more. 

You can still travel if you are a citizen or permanent resident. They say that close family members can also travel, but when I flew back to USA just after Trump but the travel ban into place, I didn't see an option for close family at check in. I literally had to show my green card or USA passport. There was no other option to enter and no airline desks open for help. I was speaking with a woman who got to USA and was turned back to london, even though her husband was in USA and she had proof of marriage. 

You need to have a spouse visa to be able to get in, or US passport ofc

Edited by LeoUSA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, LeoUSA said:

You need to have a spouse visa to be able to get in, or US passport ofc

Imagine how full those flights would be if you didn't. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Heathrow is operating one runway, I think that is more down to reduced traffic. I believe in the US numbers of travelers are well down but think I saw 100,000 a day mentioned.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.