Captain Ewok

Update Your Timeline if You Experienced a Covid19 Impact to Your Immigration Case

160 posts in this topic

My husband picked up visa the day before everything got shut down and has to leave before aug 14th. Were thankful but nervous at the same time. Apart from waiting until travel restrictions are lifted, were also worried about the how the economy has been affected as hes  leaving behind elderly parents who really need him under these circumstances. Hes the only one working in his household with a job that he can do from home

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, Fizza arsalan ali said:

My husband picked up visa the day before everything got shut down and has to leave before aug 14th. Were thankful but nervous at the same time. Apart from waiting until travel restrictions are lifted, were also worried about the how the economy has been affected as hes  leaving behind elderly parents who really need him under these circumstances. Hes the only one working in his household with a job that he can do from home

This really resonates with me. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have an approved immigrant Visa issued to me at the America Emmbassy in Lagos and is due to expire by July ending! Travel tickets has been booked on two occasions and later got cancelled by the airline due to shutdown and restrictions currently going on in the aviation industry.

My question is, should the Visa expires God forbid, before the coast could be cleared for travel, do I stand a chance for Visa extension? Or will i have to start the whole process all over again?

Your take on this please!

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sholyrose1 said:

I have an approved immigrant Visa issued to me at the America Emmbassy in Lagos and is due to expire by July ending! Travel tickets has been booked on two occasions and later got cancelled by the airline due to shutdown and restrictions currently going on in the aviation industry.

My question is, should the Visa expires God forbid, before the coast could be cleared for travel, do I stand a chance for Visa extension? Or will i have to start the whole process all over again?

Your take on this please!

Base on the reply that I got from the embassy they are not going to extend visas regardless of its type. So if you can't fly to America and your visa expires, you will need to re-do your medical and pay another visa fee.

Edited by Heart12

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Heart12 said:

Base on the reply that I got from the embassy they are not going to extend visas regardless of its type. So if you can't fly to America and your visa expires, you will need to re-do your medical and pay another visa fee.

Thanks for the heads up! I was just thinking that they should at least be able to extend the duration of the Visa should it expires since it wasn't an individuals' fault but the effect of the global pandemic! Anyways, I just hope the coast is clear before it expires.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Sholyrose1 said:

Thanks for the heads up! I was just thinking that they should at least be able to extend the duration of the Visa should it expires since it wasn't an individuals' fault but the effect of the global pandemic! Anyways, I just hope the coast is clear before it expires.

Yeah that's also my concerned before since nobody's fault. But seems they don't extend base on the email they've sent to me. I'm not sure if that is still their policy now since I received that few months ago before my flight.

received_280641033306309.jpeg

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Heart12 said:

Yeah that's also my concerned before since nobody's fault. But seems they don't extend base on the email they've sent to me. I'm not sure if that is still their policy now since I received that few months ago before my flight.

received_280641033306309.jpeg

Really! Really!! Appreciate your concern and response to my plight. However, should it occurred as such, please, where is the appropriate quarter to channel my complain? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sholyrose1 said:

Really! Really!! Appreciate your concern and response to my plight. However, should it occurred as such, please, where is the appropriate quarter to channel my complain? 

No problem☺️ You can contact US embassy in your country they’re the only one who can provide accurate answer and recommendations. Since every embassy have a policy, I heard that other embassy extends visas that haven’t use because of pandemic. So better contact them, I know how stressful it is but it will be okay. Btw may i know the validity of your visa?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Heart12 said:

No problem☺️ You can contact US embassy in your country they’re the only one who can provide accurate answer and recommendations. Since every embassy have a policy, I heard that other embassy extends visas that haven’t use because of pandemic. So better contact them, I know how stressful it is but it will be okay. Btw may i know the validity of your visa?

It's due to expire by July 31st! Though, I've called the Emmbassy to make an enquiry about it, but I was instructed to channel my enquiry through a particular email address which they gave to me. It's been three different occasions now that I've sent messages to them, it was automatic response that I do get on those three occasions no proper response has been given yet. And out of those automatic response, no one has provided answers to my request.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Sholyrose1 said:

It's due to expire by July 31st! Though, I've called the Emmbassy to make an enquiry about it, but I was instructed to channel my enquiry through a particular email address which they gave to me. It's been three different occasions now that I've sent messages to them, it was automatic response that I do get on those three occasions no proper response has been given yet. And out of those automatic response, no one has provided answers to my request.

yeah they are focussing now for emergencies(repatriation for US Citizens & Permanent Residence) but I think they will get back to you after 1-3 working days.

So you have almost 2 months I hope travel bans will be lift before the expiration date of your visa. We really out of control in the situation, you need to be patience and pray for sure you can get in America. Actually you are already lucky because you already have your visa, my friend haven’t it yet because she was refused in the embassy and need to collect documents asked by consular officer. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Heart12 said:

yeah they are focussing now for emergencies(repatriation for US Citizens & Permanent Residence) but I think they will get back to you after 1-3 working days.

So you have almost 2 months I hope travel bans will be lift before the expiration date of your visa. We really out of control in the situation, you need to be patience and pray for sure you can get in America. Actually you are already lucky because you already have your visa, my friend haven’t it yet because she was refused in the embassy and need to collect documents asked by consular officer. 

Wow! So serious. Anyways, we just have to hoping for the best. Thanks greatly for your time. Hope to speak with you soonest.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sholyrose1 said:

Wow! So serious. Anyways, we just have to hoping for the best. Thanks greatly for your time. Hope to speak with you soonest.

Ok🙂 I wish you all the best you're fine. Update me soon😊🤗

Timeline
11 hours ago, Heart12 said:

Yeah. We arrived here in US last month.

That means Philippines already lifted the ban on international flight! Or was there no ban at all?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.