stech786

Coronavirus Embassy closed

213 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Scott001 said:

Her parents are saying it's getting better and the officials in China are saying the same. But, that's news from China so it with a grain of salt. . 

Information from American authorities and your president is as unreliable 😂or actually even more so than that from China. China has closed the 12 emergency hospitals they built so yes without a question they are getting better. That’s documented by WHO. 

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Adeal said:

Yes I did from a third party and i called the embassy to confirm the email was correct. Pakistan embassy is closed for interviews. Just a generic email. Nothing special.

Can you share a screenshot of the email you received? You can hide an sensitive\personal information. It would be nice to see what is said exactly and who sent it.

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

• Jan 19 2019: Sent I130 package
  • Jan 22 2019: Delivered
  • Feb 3 2019: I130 NOA1 (Priority Date: Jan 22, 2019)
  • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center ( 😶)
  • Sep 16 2019: I129f NOA1 PD
  • Oct 26 2019: I130 NOA2 (Notice date: Oct 21 2019)
  • Nov 04 2019: Sent to NVC

NVC Stage:

• Nov 7: Received by NVC 
  • Dec 7: NVC sent email containing CEAC login details (Case Number)
  • Dec 7: AOS and IV bill payed
  • Dec 10: NVC withdrew money from Account
  • Dec 12: AOS and IV bills show paid on CEAC
  • Dec 16: AOS and IV documents submitted to NVC
  • Waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Scott001 said:

Her parents are saying it's getting better and the officials in China are saying the same. But, that's news from China so it with a grain of salt. . 

The American news media is saying the same. Their lockdown worked out well for them.

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

• Jan 19 2019: Sent I130 package
  • Jan 22 2019: Delivered
  • Feb 3 2019: I130 NOA1 (Priority Date: Jan 22, 2019)
  • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center ( 😶)
  • Sep 16 2019: I129f NOA1 PD
  • Oct 26 2019: I130 NOA2 (Notice date: Oct 21 2019)
  • Nov 04 2019: Sent to NVC

NVC Stage:

• Nov 7: Received by NVC 
  • Dec 7: NVC sent email containing CEAC login details (Case Number)
  • Dec 7: AOS and IV bill payed
  • Dec 10: NVC withdrew money from Account
  • Dec 12: AOS and IV bills show paid on CEAC
  • Dec 16: AOS and IV documents submitted to NVC
  • Waiting

I should correct myself, embassies are not closed, they are canceling visas appointments. It’s open for citizens for that country 

which I think it’s stupid!! They could still do IV interviews, but to limit them. So instead of inviting 20 they can invite 10 or 5. Those ppl are sitting inside glass window virus would hit them. suspend tourist visa, visitor etc not family members!

4 hours ago, stech786 said:

I should correct myself, embassies are not closed, they are canceling visas appointments. It’s open for citizens for that country 

which I think it’s stupid!! They could still do IV interviews, but to limit them. So instead of inviting 20 they can invite 10 or 5. Those ppl are sitting inside glass window virus would hit them. suspend tourist visa, visitor etc not family members!

In times of crisis (and the likes of this one have never been seen), US embassies limit services to urgent matters for USCs only.  Resources become more finite during troubled times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Jack & Anne said:

Had a K1 category appointment at Mumbai, India on March 27, 2020. 

xxxx (2).png

Interesting. Has been India been placed in a lockdown? I expect to hear similar news with my appointment on 31 March in Sydney...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, we did... So sad.. interview scheduled for April 7th then they rescheduled us for April 14th and yesterday they emailed us suspending with no estimated date... 

Screenshot_20200317-092236.png

Edited by Mariana&Steve

17 hours ago, stech786 said:

They want people staying home. It only takes 1 person to spread the virus. They do not consider these interviews essential. The unfortunate reality is people need to be considering plans for remaining where they are for a while and delaying upcoming travel. It's very likely the restrictions they are putting in place get more severe in the short term, before they get better. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.